KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Korean Peace Talks

Korean Peace Talks
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Korean Peace Talks

So we had a landmark occasion yesterday, Kim Jung-un met face-to-face with President Moon Jae-in. I'm thoroughly impressed with Moon thus far over this and hoping that he and Kim can hash out a peace agreement that's beneficial to all; finding common ground in their shared cultures.

Trump's the one unknown, as I can see his unhinged brain buttf*cking whatever peace agreement Moon and Kim hammered out, but I can also see that unhinged arrogance, ego and belligerent attitude both working along side Kim's similar attributes and helping here. 70/30 at this point. Sure Donald's going to try and take credit for any positives that come out of this as that's just who he is and that's an overall 'who cares' if it leads to a peaceful Korean peninsula.

Your thoughts on the meeting?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 27th, 2018 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 04:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Very big deal.

I like it.

Trump will take credit for this. Does he deserve the credit, however?

I don't just like it, I love it. This has been one of the things I wanted to see resolved: ending the Cuba Embargo, Puerto Rico becoming a state, and Unified Korea.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I like it too. I viewed North Korea as a non-trivial existential threat, and these talks decrease those odds substantially.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:34 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

now if only iran nuked israel to hell we would finally have peace

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:37 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

if Iran nukes Israel, be prepared for another 50 years of American freedom in the middle east.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:38 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
if Iran nukes Israel, be prepared for another 50 years of American freedom in the middle east.

Originally posted by JKBart
now if only iran nuked israel to hell we would finally have peace

Confirmed Anti-Semite aka RACISTS!!

Not surprising at all.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I'm pretty sure you're a troll but in the slight chance that you're just really stupid, my post wasn't even remotely anti-semitic or even anti-Israel.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:47 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm pretty sure you're a troll but in the slight chance that you're just really stupid, my post wasn't even remotely anti-semitic or even anti-Israel.

Nope. It was Pretty Racist.

or should I say UGLY Racist?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Hopeful about this meeting and what could arise from it.

Somebody mentioned a unified Korea, is that what's on the table here? One Korea under one leader? If so, who? Don't see Kim relinquishing much of his power, which I find odd as I've never seen him as power hungry, even going back to before his father died. He has always struck me as the kind of guy who wants to shoot a gold AK-47 at nothing off his yacht, bang some hookers then watch The Matrix.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 06:39 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Unified was probably the wrong word he used.

I see more of a peaceful coexistence and trading partners to start off with. NK's citizens would benefit immensely from SK's food supplies alone and Kim could spin that into his favor. He's feeding his people.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 06:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's nice and all, but I'm extremely skeptical that Kim will keep this going. I think in a few months he'll be back to his normal dick waving horseshit.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 07:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed to that being the most likely outcome, but it really depends on what Kim can get out of this and how he can make himself look to NK's population, it's all about perception to guys like him. If he can get a trade contract that's favorable, he's probably willing to scale back his nuclear arsenal some, keeping enough as to still appear tough.

Which is going to be interesting if something like that is what Moon and Kim agree to; Kim reduces nukes by 'X' amount and Moon agrees to provide NK with 'X' amount of needed items, food, medicines, etc. Means Trump's going to have to likely openly accept that NK is a legit nuclear power and be the first US president to do so, that or risk scuttling the peace deal.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 27th, 2018 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 08:17 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think even if he gets what he wants, NK will revert back to their status quo in the not too distant future. It has happened before.

But yeah I think you're right, either way, NK will probably remain a nuclear power at this point. The world will just have to accept that I guess.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 08:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon

Depends who you ask.

South Korean Foreign Minister on Peace Talks With NoKo: ‘Clearly, Credit Goes to President Trump’

Btw I read a hilarious tweet in response to this peace talk news:

"How long before a federal judge in Hawaii orders the Korean War must continue"

LOL

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 02:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by dadudemon
Very big deal.

I like it.

I don't just like it, I love it. This has been one of the things I wanted to see resolved: ending the Cuba Embargo, Puerto Rico becoming a state, and Unified Korea.
If Kim actually manages to calm the **** down and enter the global community, I will give Trump (and his administration) credit for it, even if his contribution was minimal. That might not be the most logical line of thinking, but I know that I would give Obama that benefit.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 03:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Trump is going to **** it up.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 03:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

yay

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:54 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Little Kimmy Caved to the Power of the Trump!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:56 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Trump is going to **** it up.

I know you're saying this cuz you think it will happen. Sad thing is, some in this country are probably saying it because they *hope* it happens. They do not want Trump to have any success at all.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 02:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Pretty much everyone is right in this thread.

It's wonderful news.

Trump will take credit.

Trump may **** it up.

And people probably hope Trump does because they'd rather wallow in partisan bullshittery than actually care about the improvement and salvation of 25 million lives.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 03:10 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote