KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How important is purchasing power in modern society?

How important is purchasing power in modern society?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

How important is purchasing power in modern society?

Let's say a group loses their purchasing power over night. Any group.

Would they still be treated the same in society, as they were before that fall?

Would Democrats still go to bat for women, or blacks, or gays, if there wasn't even a single person who could donate to some cause, campaign, or marketing strategy.

I mean, I realize money matters, but at the end of the day I'd like think social politics is about ethics first, and money second (Or not at all.)

And yet, looking at groups without a powerful lobby, such as Native Americans or Asian Americans, and how they're essentially neglected...? Not so sure.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 12:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Would Democrats still go to bat for women, or blacks, or gays, if there wasn't even a single person who could donate to some cause, campaign, or marketing strategy.

I mean, I realize money matters, but at the end of the day I'd like think social politics is about ethics first, and money second (Or not at all.)

And yet, looking at groups without a powerful lobby, such as Native Americans or Asian Americans, and how they're essentially neglected...? Not so sure.

As to your question about Dems, I don't think they would go to bat. They want your money or votes or both. It's like this: if tomorrow Donald Trump came to the Democrats and said "every single illegal in this country is now given legal status. They have all the rights normal citizens have save one: they cannot vote". Does anyone think the Dems would go for it? Nah.

And yeah it is weird how NA's and AA's are neglected. Guess they just aren't the right type of minority for the left. Especially the Asians, they rarely tend to blame whites for their issues.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 12:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: How important is purchasing power in modern society?

Originally posted by cdtm

A significant portion of the Republican base is poor, and do not contribute to the GOP in any way, but the party still courts their votes.

Transgender people represent one-half of one-percent of the population, and cannot contribute to the Democratic Party in any significant way, yet the party still supports their rights.

So it is certainly not about money. And with Democrats, it is certainly not about votes, since tiny minorities like transgender people do not give them any electoral advantage.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:19 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
As to your question about Dems, I don't think they would go to bat. They want your money or votes or both. It's like this: if tomorrow Donald Trump came to the Democrats and said "every single illegal in this country is now given legal status. They have all the rights normal citizens have save one: they cannot vote". Does anyone think the Dems would go for it? Nah.

Why would Democrats agree to making a group of people essentially second class citizens?

Do you support making certain peoples second class citizens?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ITT: limp wristed liberal cry babies

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:44 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
Why would Democrats agree to making a group of people essentially second class citizens?

Its worked with the Black Community for several decades.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote