KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So I'm looking at US & News Best 100 Jobs....

So I'm looking at US & News Best 100 Jobs....
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I'm looking at US & News Best 100 Jobs....

And I can't seem to find many that are "liberal degree" friendly. The first one I saw was Lawyer which is ranked #33/100, but that's a professional degree, not undergrad.

Can someone help me find the liberal arts degree jobs?

https://money.usnews.com/careers/be...e-100-best-jobs

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 4th, 2018 02:23 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

- Historian
- Archaeologist
- Author
- Editor
- Journalist

I can provide more. Ask away.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 4th, 2018 02:33 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I’ve been thinking about majoring in history and minoring in political science, but I guess it’d be a better idea to switch those based on that list.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 03:44 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I’ve been thinking about majoring in history and minoring in political science, but I guess it’d be a better idea to switch those based on that list.

I took enough IB & AP credits in highschool to where I'm 2 classes away from minoring in either.

Such worthless degrees. You're better off studying mathematics/data-science if you want to work a traditional analytical job. Those are the people the CIA/NSA/FBI/Federal Government hires.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 04:08 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kurk
I took enough IB & AP credits in highschool to where I'm 2 classes away from minoring in either.

Such worthless degrees. You're better off studying mathematics/data-science if you want to work a traditional analytical job. Those are the people the CIA/NSA/FBI/Federal Government hires.

Don't listen to Kurk. Those are both very interesting topics and fun to learn about. If you like those topics, do what I did and just take a shit ton of classes and earn multiple degrees at once. Most universities have max-credit transfer requirements so it is best to just find a school that is good at your your area of primary education but is also a well-rounded school so you can double or triple major in other subjects.

Here's a tip: some degrees, you can do a single work-study or internship for two different majors and it counts for both IF they are related enough. thumb up

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Depends on the job I’d want at the CIA, FBI, etc. I don’t think they have a strict requirement for majors—I imagine they look for people with more diverse experiences and skillsets (which I’m pretty sure they’ve outright acknowledged).

Anyways, my interest in a STEM degree is less than zero, so even if I could successfully complete a degree in those fields I wouldn’t want to work in it for any stretch of time.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:08 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't listen to Kurk. Those are both very interesting topics and fun to learn about. If you like those topics, do what I did and just take a shit ton of classes and earn multiple degrees at once. Most universities have max-credit transfer requirements so it is best to just find a school that is good at your your area of primary education but is also a well-rounded school so you can double or triple major in other subjects.

Here's a tip: some degrees, you can do a single work-study or internship for two different majors and it counts for both IF they are related enough. thumb up
Good to know, I’ll take that into consideration. smile

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:10 PM
dadudemon

Depends on the job I’d want at the CIA, FBI, etc. I don’t think they have a strict requirement for majors—I imagine they look for people with more diverse experiences and skillsets (which I’m pretty sure they’ve outright acknowledged).

Anyways, my interest in a STEM degree is less than zero, so even if I could successfully complete a degree in those fields I wouldn’t want to work in it for any stretch of time.

What are you considering for the CIA and the FBI?

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

homosex expert officer

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:38 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

What are you considering for the CIA and the FBI?
I'm not, to be honest—just talking hypothetically since Kurk brought those agencies up. Though, now that I think about it, a job at the CIA could be pretty fun, especially if I'm a

Originally posted by JKBart
homosex expert officer

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:04 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting topics? Fun to learn about? Sounds a lot like Star Wars...aka A HOBBY! Who da fuq spends five figures on a hobby when you can go to the library and do the same thing? smh.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Don't listen to Kurk.

^ Best advice you can take from this thread, KJoker

ps If you want to get into Kurk's pants, convince him that sucking dick increases a person's 'market value' and he'll be on his knees nigh instantaneously gobbling down your frank-n-beans

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The first one can be done without any degree whatsoever. Have a friend who is a software developer at Blizzard Entertainment and he didn't go to college.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You can become a software engineer without a degree but it probably isn’t preferable ^

Old Post May 4th, 2018 11:00 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing about "Market Value", is most graduates don't have any. They didn't go to the right Universities and are ten a penny. The Interview for them is what matters and once in their first job, they need to work.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 03:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

lol they need to work? No way!

Old Post May 5th, 2018 03:15 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
lol they need to work? No way!
Truly, when they get told to put the kettle on and sit down and shut up, they need to do it. When they need to perform boring observations and write down data after the first 2 days they could predict they need to make those observations as accurately as they can.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 03:20 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Truly, when they get told to put the kettle on and sit down and shut up, they need to do it. When they need to perform boring observations and write down data after the first 2 days they could predict they need to make those observations as accurately as they can.
But regardless of a new grad's worth, businesses in general want to hire people who can problem solve, right? If so, why wouldn't it make sense for STEM fields to get the priority over liberal arts given that on average their IQ's tend to be higher, they're conditioned to think critically/analytically, etc?

Old Post May 5th, 2018 03:35 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

But regardless of a new grad's worth, businesses in general want to hire people who can problem solve, right? If so, why wouldn't it make sense for STEM fields to get the priority over liberal arts given that on average their IQ's tend to be higher, they're conditioned to think critically/analytically, etc?
It depends if you need that in the job, soft skills are often more important working in teams. The ability to put the ego aside and let others get on is often equally as important as having ideas. Often it's better for ideas to be put on hold for V 2.0 beyond any point in any project in any field.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 03:43 PM