KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are men the reason for all of society's problems?

Are men the reason for all of society's problems?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are men the reason for all of society's problems?

Disclaimer:
- A while back when I said I was indulging in classical feminist theory, someone (can't remember the username) warned me that like Exar Kun or Count Dooku, two individuals who thought they could master the dark-side of the force without being drawn into its grasp in order to use their opponent's weapon against them, I would fall victim to these powerful feminist theories. Well, unfortunately it seems to have happened.

I will be making a separate thread as to why I genuinely believe that women are the key to humanity's future, and what makes them superior to men in modern day society. Some of what is said here will overlap with that, but just focus on the question that is the thread's name for now.

Also, please assume that masculinity as used here refers to increased testosterone levels. Obviously not all men are problematic, but I think it's safe to say that those who were either exposed to more testosterone in the womb or who have more of it in their system as adults are problematic.

I'm going to include some passages from Public Man, Private Woman which are quite thought provoking:

“An early statement of radical feminist politics, that of Ti-Grace Atkinson, begins by declaring that al men qua men are ontologically “insecure and frustrated”, beings who must (they have no choice about it) alleviate their frustration through the oppression of others. Atkinson call the process whereby men devour and dominate women “metaphysical cannibalism.” She posits a night-marish scenario in which men invade and take over women, creating a “sex-class” system. Atkinson then explains all of human history, including every society in the present, with reference to the features of the two sex-classes, male and female. All known societies, past and present, were or are nothing but the “ultimate outgrowth” of the nature of the male sex-class. Society “conforms” to male nature."

TL;DR: Men are insecure/frustrated beings who feel oppressing women (who don't have these issues) and other less masculine males is the only way to feel relieve themselves of these feelings. All societies in history were built off this notion.

"Men, the author continues, sustain their lives “at the expense of other better life forms. Until he gives up his existence, either voluntarily or by force, there will be no relief from suffering nor any moral progress on this planet.”

Optional passage; not relevant to thread

"The second fear expressed in Rousseau’s grant of familial authority to the father is a fear of the sexual and psychological resources of women, their reproductive capacities, their seductiveness, their vulnerability, and their openness to human intimacy.. Rousseau believed that women already possessed power on so many levels vis a vis men and children, simply by virtue of their being what they were, that they neither “needed” nor could be trusted with power of a public, political sort. Women were volatile and must be reined in, forced to be content to wield their power “privately.” That a man of Rousseau’s sensitivity could fail to experience empathic identification when women were denied the dignity that attendant upon public participation and speech; that he could place women in circumstances in which they had no rights but only revocable privileges; that he could force them into patterns of repetitious emptiness, indicates both the limits of his capacities to transcend his own age and his deep and abiding fear of women. Nevertheless any serious contemporary feminist thinker must take up the challenge Rousseau has laid down to explore, in terms adequate to the complexities involved, the inner relationship between familial and political authority.

TL;DR
Rousseau feared the power women would hold if they were granted both head familial and public roles.

What do you make of this one? I'm not too sure.

Anyway, is masculinity the root of most of society's problems?

Do you agree that men by nature feel the need to oppress other individuals; or at the very least express their agression?

Are the masculine qualities of emotional suppression, "toughness", stoicism, aggression, overconfidence, competitiveness, low agreeableness, etc antiquated in the 21st century?

Likewise are the feminine qualities of compassion, empathy, high agreeableness, sociability, etc more conducive to a safe and securer society?

Thinking back to historical events, it seems that almost every conflict was caused due to a manifestation of masculine traits:

Misunderstanding due to hindered communication skills; low agreeableness, ego-stroking, the pursuit of power, overwhelming need for control, etc.

Please leave your thoughts.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:43 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know many women who possess many more masculine qualities than many men and vice versa. That said I love women, except the ones I hate, just like with men.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:45 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know many women who possess many more masculine qualities than many men and vice versa. That said I love women, except the ones I hate, just like with men.
Wow, how did you read the post so quickly?!

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:45 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Originally posted by Kurk

Funny.

And No. The Concept of this thread is SEXIST AND RACIST!

You failed to point out that all the EVIL is committed by Only WHITE MEN!

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Funny.

And No. The Concept of this thread is SEXIST AND RACIST!

You failed to point out that all the EVIL is committed by Only WHITE MEN!
It is sexist, but how so racist? I personally don't believe white men are any more evil or good than non-white men. American-raised men tend to be more 'evil' than say Japanese men because our society is drive far more on masculine values.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:54 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kurk

I read it all, already.

You asked lots of questions.

Men, in general, lead, innovate, etc. because we are competitive as f*ck and all the other things listed and then some. Women are the same but this is a probabilities game. When you have a collection of traits that add up into a sum that is greater than the parts. On average, women are not as aggressive or competitive as men. They also possess more of other traits, on average, that men do not.

The two human sexes are not the same. We are not equals. We are different.

To address another question, yes, I think men do too much warring. We are too violent. I think our egos are too big. It's like the men are more extreme. I am not wrong about this...men are more stupid and more intelligent than women if you look at the intelligence distribution. I think there's more than just intelligence that could be put onto that distribution that shows the contrast.

Summary: it's a game of number and probabilities.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ohhh...This is just an ANTI Men Thread that the Left Loves so much. That makes YOU an Evil Person.

But then Japan has a much Higher Suicide Rate amongst men then the U.S. Which probably means that the Leftist Agenda is working there.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

You are assigning qualities as masculine that correspond with men, but are not necessarily caused by biology.

I am a high testosterone producer, but the only quality on the list that is caused by this is aggression.

I share some of the "masculine" traits on this list, but this is due to socialization, i.e. conforming to the set of social expectations for people with male bodies.

I also share some of the "feminine" traits on this list, and I would argue that they are not altogether feminine, i.e. there is nothing about having a female body that produces these traits, nor are they exclusive to people with female bodies.

This is some gender-realism nonsense.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:59 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ohhh...This is just an ANTI Men Thread that the Left Loves so much. That makes YOU an Evil Person.

But then Japan has a much Higher Suicide Rate amongst men then the U.S. Which probably means that the Leftist Agenda is working there.
But can you really equate Karoshi in Japan (death by overwork) to white men in the states committing suicide?

I can find an article stating how almost all the women who lost their low-skill jobs in the past 30 years managed to increase their skillsets and find a better paying, higher quality job while less than half the white men were able to do this. The rest resorted to working even crappier jobs rather than going back to school or whatever.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:06 PM
Flyattractor

I am sure you could. On the Interweb You can find Articles to say pretty much anything you want.

That could just be the Leftist Fascist Universities and the like NOT Letting Men get the same educational opportunities as the women because of the Lefts' "Anti-Men" Agenda. I bet I could find an article about it.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:10 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Humans are the reason. People, with or without penises. The ones with are simply louder about it.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:13 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
You are assigning qualities as masculine that correspond with men, but are not necessarily caused by biology.

I am a high testosterone producer, but the only quality on the list that is caused by this is aggression.

I share some of the "masculine" traits on this list, but this is due to socialization, i.e. conforming to the set of social expectations for people with male bodies.

I also share some of the "feminine" traits on this list, and I would argue that they are not altogether feminine, i.e. there is nothing about having a female body that produces these traits, nor are they exclusive to people with female bodies.

This is some gender-realism nonsense.

I'll piggyback off your point:

Girls with CAH exhibit more masculine behaviors:

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing....1/1688/20150125

Which this could imply that gender behavior is a very complex system of genes, epigenetics, parents, siblings, other involved relatives (grandparents), friends, and culture.

But it would seem, without conditioning and behavioral adjustment, people will generally gravitate towards sets of behavior that fit their genes and epigenetic influences.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I have known some pretty Loud Women.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:15 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'll piggyback off your point:

Girls with CAH exhibit more masculine behaviors:

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing....1/1688/20150125

Which this could imply that gender behavior is a very complex system of genes, epigenetics, parents, siblings, other involved relatives (grandparents), friends, and culture.

But it would seem, without conditioning and behavioral adjustment, people will generally gravitate towards sets of behavior that fit their genes and epigenetic influences.
Pretty much my point in post 2 of the thread.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe men are, but not like you think.

I believe men are obsessed with attacking other men, and that's behind a lot of the SJW crap you hear about.

No real proof, but anecdotally, I can't help but notice how many elite whites usually talk about topics like feminism, racism, or any other "-ism" as a contrast against "basement dwellers", "neckbeards", rednecks, or otherwise other white guys they think are beneath them.

These same guys also regularly crow about what a sexy lad they are (I know one group that called themselves "The Sexy Lads" on another board, and always bagged on "Geekville")

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Men only go to War just to get away from the women.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:34 PM
dadudemon

How many genocides have been led by women?

What about extermination campaigns (where an entire city is razed to the ground and all people slaughtered)?

I cannot think of any.

Not saying women are better or less violent. But it would seem the most extreme of human atrocities are not ever committed by women.

Edit - I google searched this. I could not find an example. I know many women have been military leaders but I am not finding the atrocities under a female. I thought I could find SOMETHING under Cleopatra. Or Mary I (Bloody Mary). But, naah...nothing like their male counterparts.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 7th, 2018 at 06:42 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:37 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Kurk is still being weird. Nice.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
How many genocides have been led by women?

What about extermination campaigns (where an entire city is razed to the ground and all people slaughtered)?

I cannot think of any.

Not saying women are better or less violent. But it would seem the most extreme of human atrocities does not seem to ever be committed by women.

That could be because men held the reigns of power, though. One only need have worked under a woman, to see how they're as evil as anyone..

Indirectly, women have certainly manipulated men towards committing acts.. I forget the names now, but there was a famous Roman general who turned on his own emperor and had him arrested. This was because his wife insisted this Caesar's military victories was cutting into their social status...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote