KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Does Putin envy the United States?

Does Putin envy the United States?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Does Putin envy the United States?

For all his stronk-talk he is surely well aware of the fact that the United States is leaps and bounds more powerful than Russia in every conceivable way.

Does he envy the notion of having an economy based on more than just exporting oil and black arms? What about possessing the most powerful military in human history with hundreds of bases across the planet? Does this make him jealous?

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:55 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably...he's a realpolitik person, I thought.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:28 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I don’t know if he’s envious for sure, but it would be idiotic if he didn’t desire some of th things the US posses.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:31 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know Putin, so I can't comment with one-hundred percent accuracy on his goals, but based on his own statements, he simply wants Russia to exist and not be in a world where it doesn't.

Last edited by JMANGO on May 8th, 2018 at 01:37 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:34 AM
JMANGO is currently offline Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

He also probably thinks that Western nations are culturally degenerate and filled with limp wristed soy-boys and 300lb lard-chugging feminists. Compared to the masculine archetypical male and probably the highest frequency of hot girls anywhere in the world in Russia. I bet you he wouldn't trade all the economic and military might of the States if it meant swapping their populations too.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:47 AM
JMANGO is currently offline Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ I'm not pretending the United States is culturally perfect, but it's difficult to make the case that the highly corrupt Russian drunkocracy is the best comparative role model

Old Post May 8th, 2018 02:32 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

He probably likes the idea of running a country with the resources and financial influence of the US.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:28 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He'd have to be pretty stupid to not covet our power and influence. And since Putin is literally behind every single bad thing that ever happened...surely he isn't stupid.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bu-but I thought Putin was running the US through Trump like a puppet?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:15 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
^ I'm not pretending the United States is culturally perfect, but it's difficult to make the case that the highly corrupt Russian drunkocracy is the best comparative role model

That's not really a bad thing for Putin though. The ones who are hurt by corruption are the people, not the ones in power.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:49 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote