KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How to fix America's ghettos?

How to fix America's ghettos?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

How to fix America's ghettos?

I live near quite a few, unfortunately, and soon might even be forced to work EMS in one.

What needs to be done to fix these rust-belt induced ghettos and restore an acceptable quality of life for these people?

Assuming you were provided the means to do so, what would you implement?

Can Maslow's hierarchy of needs apply here? Nature-nurture effect?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 11th, 2018 01:22 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Roll back the "profit margins at any cost" narrative.

You know, the reason for outsourcing, child labor, undocumented exploitation, and state pork/collusion schemes to try and keep businesses from leaving and destroying the tax base.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 01:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kill the black people.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 06:08 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: How to fix America's ghettos?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
I live near quite a few, unfortunately, and soon might even be forced to work EMS in one.

What needs to be done to fix these rust-belt induced ghettos and restore an acceptable quality of life for these people?

Assuming you were provided the means to do so, what would you implement?

Can Maslow's hierarchy of needs apply here? Nature-nurture effect?

First would be to establish a competent law enforcing presence in the ghetto. No one will try to invest in high-crime areas unless you can get crime taken care of.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 06:35 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Deport all poor people to Iraq

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 11th, 2018 07:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by NemeBro
Kill the black people.

Well what ever you do...Do NOT Take their Obama Phones away from them....

Student "ALLEGEDALY" Attacks Teacher after Phone is taken away....

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

good one MAGAbro xD

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Invest money into those areas.

Hire more/better police for the area.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Re: How to fix America's ghettos?

Originally posted by ESB -1138
First would be to establish a competent law enforcing presence in the ghetto. No one will try to invest in high-crime areas unless you can get crime taken care of.

That's been done. It's called gentrification.

Of course, the crime elements just move somewhere else, but NO ONE will invest in people too poor to contribute anything. Try and drive out the poor and lure in the more affluent, sure, but these things don't happen out of altruistic duty to poor ghetto dwellers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would try to recondition these people; get them trained in something—anything. Plumbers, electricians, truck-driving, welding, etc. That'll get them to a better life-style. The question is, would they be open to doing that? Or are they too far gone in their 'ways'?

Old Post May 11th, 2018 09:15 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

End the war on drugs and inculcate sexual morality.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 11th, 2018 09:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Better question is: Who would put in real effort to train people.

It probably takes more money to do it right then government is willing to spend (They cut corners on tsa airport security, for gods sake.)

And the private sector has no reason to care, what with an employers market and an entire world to pick qualified candidates.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 09:56 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Better question is: Who would put in real effort to train people.

It probably takes more money to do it right then government is willing to spend (They cut corners on tsa airport security, for gods sake.)

And the private sector has no reason to care, what with an employers market and an entire world to pick qualified candidates.

"One man should be able to make a difference if he is powerful enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2018 10:03 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
What should be done about the opioid epidemic? I'm sick of giving narcan to low-lives. One part of me wants to execute all druggies like Duterte; another part of me wants me to completely legalize all drugs, work for a pharmaceutical company, and profit off of other peoples' shitty life decisions.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 10:05 PM
cdtm

I'll be honest, I'm finding it harder to demonize drug dealers.

It ruins lives, but nothing underhanded about it. Everyone knows whats what.

Not like someone dedicating the best years of their lives to a company, only to be forced out because you're too old (Like happened to my father), or some other bullshit tactics designed to maximize profits (Amazon's strategy of pitting employees against one another is pretty slimy, imo)

That's not even getting into the typical shady practices like "buy product someone needs to live, raise prices by 5000%, profit" or ip hoard and sue schemes, to name a few.

And I know the common response is "So work for yourself/get a better job", but for me that's a non answer. It assumes a janitor or, retail worker, or anyone working for anyone else deserves whatever they get.

People who believe that either lack empathy, or are closet wanna be's who see themselves controlling the whip someday, which makes them sociopaths..

Old Post May 11th, 2018 10:26 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Emperordmb

First one's good. Second one is questionable. What constitutes sexual morality? Who decides on what that is? What if one disagrees? What does sexual morality have to do with fixing the ghettos? So on.

Originally posted by cdtm
I'll be honest, I'm finding it harder to demonize drug dealers.

It ruins lives, but nothing underhanded about it. Everyone knows whats what.

Not like someone dedicating the best years of their lives to a company, only to be forced out because you're too old (Like happened to my father), or some other bullshit tactics designed to maximize profits (Amazon's strategy of pitting employees against one another is pretty slimy, imo)

That's not even getting into the typical shady practices like "buy product someone needs to live, raise prices by 5000%, profit" or ip hoard and sue schemes, to name a few.

And I know the common response is "So work for yourself/get a better job", but for me that's a non answer. It assumes a janitor or, retail worker, or anyone working for anyone else deserves whatever they get.

People who believe that either lack empathy, or are closet wanna be's who see themselves controlling the whip someday, which makes them sociopaths..

I think demonizing drug dealers is a cop out. They're giving people what they want. The goal needs to be enhancing the lives of the drug users to the point that they don't seek out drug dealers in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 10:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by BackFire
First one's good.

thumb up

Second one is questionable. What constitutes sexual morality? Who decides on what that is? What if one disagrees?

I mean I'd say not getting a woman pregnant then running off is a start. That should be a pretty solid baseline if nothing else. It's not really something that could or should be done by force though. The tension of morality is something each individual must take up the burden of properly bearing, and it's not something they can be forced into.

What does sexual morality have to do with fixing the ghettos? So on.

Single motherhood is the largest predictor of inter-generational poverty, and a child being raised without a father is much more likely to drop out of school, become a violent criminal, and have all sorts of other difficulties in their lives... and is more likely to get pregnant/get someone else pregnant out of wedlock.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:11 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Understood.

Are you in favor of sexual education being taught in public schools? Also do you think poverty-stricken young people should have cheap/free access to birth control methods, such as condoms and the like?

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:14 AM
Adam_PoE

Solve poverty.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:19 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Are you in favor of sexual education being taught in public schools?

That depends on two things.

The first is the age of the children. I don't think prepubescent kids in elementary school need to be learning about sex positions for example.

Secondly it depends on the aim and nature of the sex ed. I think they should learn the knowledge they need to be equipped with for their own safety and well being, how to use birth control, avoid STDs, unwanted pregnancy, etc. but I don't think the place of sex ed is moral propaganda. I don't think the people doing sex ed should delve into a moral treatise on why homosexuality is moral or that there are twenty billion genders even though I agree with the former of the two, just as I wouldn't want the promulgation of a moralistic obsession with abstinence only.

Also do you think poverty-stricken young people should have cheap/free access to birth control methods, such as condoms and the like?

As far as I'm aware condoms aren't particularly expensive. I do get a little dicey on the suggestion that the government should appropriate money from the taxpayers to provide a service to people not relating to the protection of their rights though.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:22 AM