KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What Jordan Peterson says

What Jordan Peterson says
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

What Jordan Peterson says

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/...s-for-life.html

Forced Mogonamy:
quote:
Recently, a young man named Alek Minassian drove through Toronto trying to kill people with his van. Ten were killed, and he has been charged with first-degree murder for their deaths, and with attempted murder for 16 people who were injured. Mr. Minassian declared himself to be part of a misogynist group whose members call themselves incels. The term is short for “involuntary celibates,” though the group has evolved into a male supremacist movement made up of people — some celibate, some not — who believe that women should be treated as sexual objects with few rights. Some believe in forced “sexual redistribution,” in which a governing body would intervene in women’s lives to force them into sexual relationships.

Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners, Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.

“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

Mr. Peterson does not pause when he says this. Enforced monogamy is, to him, simply a rational solution. Otherwise women will all only go for the most high-status men, he explains, and that couldn’t make either gender happy in the end.

“Half the men fail,” he says, meaning that they don’t procreate. “And no one cares about the men who fail.”

I laugh, because it is absurd.

“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

sad

The Existence of Witches:
quote:
But witches don’t exist, and they don’t live in swamps, I say.

“Yeah, they do. They do exist. They just don’t exist the way you think they exist. They certainly exist. You may say well dragons don’t exist. It’s, like, yes they do — the category predator and the category dragon are the same category. It absolutely exists. It’s a superordinate category. It exists absolutely more than anything else. In fact, it really exists. What exists is not obvious. You say, ‘Well, there’s no such thing as witches.’ Yeah, I know what you mean, but that isn’t what you think when you go see a movie about them. You can’t help but fall into these categories. There’s no escape from them.”

sad

I've linked the article, if i'm missing context, feel free to quote me.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:37 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Well this is dishonest. This piece just makes me think of Andrew Klavan saying, "The New York Times...a former newspaper." It's not "Forced" monogamy as you said but "enforced." And that has been present for decades. You can read up about it in it's anthropological sense here. To break it down, what Peterson is saying isn't that women should be forced into sexual redistribution or anything of that like. He's arguing that socially-enforced monogamy leads to more couples. He wants society to promote socially-enforced monogamy as a positive good. That's all.

And of course Peterson talks about witches. Just like he constantly speaks of dragons. Dr. Peterson doesn't believe in dragons or anything. He just believes in archetypes in the Jungian sense. Which is why he often speaks of Disney movies when addressing more complex psychological material. He's referring here to witches as an archetype in the same way he refers to the dragon as one or the hero as one. That's just his style.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:59 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

mass imprisonment of women in sex-camps when

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:02 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
[B]Well this is dishonest. This piece just makes me think of Andrew Klavan saying, "The New York Times...a former newspaper." It's not "Forced" monogamy as you said but "enforced." And that has been present for decades.

Enforced, definition:

quote:
caused by necessity or force; compulsory.

:/

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:40 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Enforced, definition:

:/

Good job at reading the link I provided you. You're defining enforced and NOT enforced monogamy. So, I'll try this again:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3260845/

Read it this time and maybe you'll actually understand the anthropological concept of enforced monogamy.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:53 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Holy shit, does Rocky actually think Jordan Peterson is saying there's literal witches and dragons running around in the world? Or that he thinks the state should compel people to **** other people?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:58 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What the actual **** is some of this stuff in the article?!

OOOOHHH HE LOOKS LIKE A CAT, LOOK AT HIM CURLING UP IN HIS CHAIR LOOKING ALL FELINE, EYEING YOU LIKE A PREDATOR

wtf is that shit

This is one of the most bizarre ****ing hitpieces I've ever read lol, like wtf is this person's obsession with Peterson's appearance, trying to poison the well by trying to describe his appearance and physical composure in the creepiest way possible. Some liars are professional liars, but this article has a distinct lack of professionalism.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Last edited by Emperordmb on May 19th, 2018 at 04:03 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:01 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It's called a hit piece and serves only to give Leftists something to point at to dismiss Dr. Peterson.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:03 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It's called a hit piece and serves only to give something Leftists to point at to dismiss Dr. Peterson.

Yeah but most hitpieces at least focus on lying about a person's positions and stances, not writing several paragraphs obsessing over the person's physical appearance, composure, home decoration, and other such shit in the creepiest possible language.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:04 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah but most hitpieces at least focus on lying about a person's positions and stances, not writing several paragraphs obsessing over the person's physical appearance, composure, home decoration, and other such shit in the creepiest possible language.

That shows how desperate they are to actual find a way to merely dismiss Dr. Peterson. And also just how much of a hatred they have for the man. Because he's not merely fighting back against Leftist narrative like Bill Whittle does. He's actually giving people (especially young men) a cure to chaos and a chance to find purpose in their being. Doing that diminishes the purpose of the government in people's lives and that can't happen. After all, to the Left, government is god and government is a jealous god and you can't have any other god before it.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:08 AM
NemeBro

“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

Lol!

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Good job at reading the link I provided you. You're defining enforced and NOT enforced monogamy. So, I'll try this again:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3260845/

Read it this time and maybe you'll actually understand the anthropological concept of enforced monogamy.

Reading your article, the word "Enforced" came up exactly once:

quote:
monogamous marriage is both normative and legally enforced

Setting aside how you left me to find your "evidence" for you, rather than quoting the parts of the article that support your case, the sentence would indeed suggest that "enforced" means exactly what the dictionary defines it as:
quote:
caused by necessity or force; compulsory.

Peterson wants us to legally enforce monogamy so that more men have women to love which will stop cult like killers.

Originally posted by DMB
Or that he thinks the state should compel people to **** other people?

Uh, no, what I said is he supports "enforced mogonamy", because he literally says he supports it. You should consider reading before you leap into strawmen and cringy all cap "OH SHIT" moments.

quote:
“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

quote:
Holy shit, does Rocky actually think Jordan Peterson is saying there's literal witches and dragons running around in the world?

Okay DMB, since you want to throw a hissy fit about it, please explain to me what Peterson is trying to say:
quote:
“It makes sense that a witch lives in a swamp. Yeah,” he says. “Why?”

It’s a hard one.

“Right. That’s right. You don’t know. It’s because those things hang together at a very deep level. Right. Yeah. And it makes sense that an old king lives in a desiccated tower.”

But witches don’t exist, and they don’t live in swamps, I say.

“Yeah, they do. They do exist. They just don’t exist the way you think they exist. They certainly exist. You may say well dragons don’t exist. It’s, like, yes they do — the category predator and the category dragon are the same category. It absolutely exists. It’s a superordinate category. It exists absolutely more than anything else. In fact, it really exists. What exists is not obvious. You say, ‘Well, there’s no such thing as witches.’ Yeah, I know what you mean, but that isn’t what you think when you go see a movie about them. You can’t help but fall into these categories. There’s no escape from them.”

I said, if I'm missing context, feel free to quote me. Yet you nether quoted me directly, or actually explained what this context means.

Explain what I'm supposed to take from this obviously meaningful quote of the great Peterson.

While you do that (assuming you're finished avoiding the content with critques on "professionalism")

Other things Mr. Peterson has said:

-> Women in the 50's shouldn't have complained about their lack of opportunity:
quote:
At one point in the discussion, Mr. Peterson, who had been relatively quiet, becomes heated on the topic of women who find marriage oppressive.
“So I don’t know who these people think marriages are oppressing,” he says. “I read Betty Friedan’s book because I was very curious about it, and it’s so whiny, it’s just enough to drive a modern person mad to listen to these suburban housewives from the late ’50s ensconced in their comfortable secure lives complaining about the fact that they’re bored because they don’t have enough opportunity. It’s like, Jesus get a hobby. For Christ’s sake, you — you — ”

Uh, this:
quote:
“Half the men fail,” he says, meaning that they don’t procreate. “And no one cares about the men who fail.”

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:10 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
mass imprisonment of women in sex-camps when

Make it a Pay Per View and you got yourself a real money maker.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:19 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Honestly, enforcing monogamy is stupid, yeah.

But Peterson obviously doesn't believe in actual witches, rather uses them in a more metaphorical sense. At least that's what I got out of it.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 19th, 2018 09:02 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love seeing people who aren't very bright trying to smear Jordan and failing.

Lol@ "custodian of the patriarchy". Oh leftists...at least you didn't call him alt right this time.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 09:52 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

wow, peterson has really lost it hasn’t he sad

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:00 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
wow, peterson has really lost it hasn’t he sad

Reminds me of when Ben Shapiro "lost it". Remember that topic, Beni? I suspect this one will end in a similar manner. The complete and utter failure to "own" or humiliate the intended subject of the topic.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:03 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Honestly, enforcing monogamy is stupid, yeah.

But Peterson obviously doesn't believe in actual witches, rather uses them in a more metaphorical sense. At least that's what I got out of it.

Isn't it scary some people need to have it pointed out to them "he didn't mean actual witches"?

It's the lobsters all over again.

I also can't help notice "forced monogamy" is mentioned in the article where he is called the custodian of the patriarchy. Lol, did he say only women should be forced to be monogamous? I missed that part. It's not an example of patriarchy for both men and women to be forced to be faithful. It would be a bad idea, but it's not patriarchy.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:05 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Reminds me of when Ben Shapiro "lost it". Remember that topic, Beni? I suspect this one will end in a similar manner. The complete and utter failure to "own" or humiliate the intended subject of the topic.
looks like surt's ready to slap some cheeks, yeah.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:55 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
looks like surt's ready to slap some cheeks, yeah.

Just ready to laugh at the failure of this article. Yet another person dimwits try to paint as alt right when they aren't alt right. Makes me smile.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:06 AM