KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Staring people!

Staring people!
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Staring people!

In addition to dealing with invasive people I have to deal with staring people. When I have to see them staring at me it makes me feel stripped of myself as if I was inferior to them. I was hanging out at a restaurant a week ago and it really offended me how I was looked upon and then they talked behind my back. I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 12:15 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 12:21 AM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Re: Staring people!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by atv2
I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me.

But an apology wouldn't have changed anything either, you would still have to 'live' with it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:02 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Most people stare because you are secure and they want to feel comfortable but can't find comfort.
Rest easy in your self when that happens and know you are helping people feel o.k. like you do.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:09 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Chosen

Originally posted by atv2
In addition to dealing with invasive people I have to deal with staring people. When I have to see them staring at me it makes me feel stripped of myself as if I was inferior to them. I was hanging out at a restaurant a week ago and it really offended me how I was looked upon and then they talked behind my back. I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?
what does this mean

i'll drown

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:10 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

It means he's looking for someone like everyone else is and deserves his privacy.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:14 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Wonder Man
It means he's looking for someone like everyone else is and deserves his privacy.

It's frightening that you drew that from the OP.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 28th, 2018 09:17 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Originally posted by Wonder Man
Most people stare because you are secure and they want to feel comfortable but can't find comfort.
Rest easy in your self when that happens and know you are helping people feel o.k. like you do.

I never thought of it that way. Thank you.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 02:31 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

It's human nature, you can't change that

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:52 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
changeorg

How did you know they talked behind your back and that they were talking about you? Best not eavesdrop on other people's conversation. I also had social anxiety before but now, I realized that nobody really gives a dam about other people that much.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 05:47 PM
changeorg is currently offline Click here to Send changeorg a Private Message Find more posts by changeorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote