KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Diplomatic immunity

Diplomatic immunity
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diplomatic immunity

What's the real reason we honor it?

You hear horror stories of it being abused, all the time. Some people have gotten away with murder. And supposedly, we can't do anything about it, except deport them.

In a world where we assasinate people, install dictators, support a country that kidapped a whistleblower out of Europe, this diplomatic thing is treated as untouchable.

EVEN in cases where the host country is openly hostile to us. Even in cases where we've had reporters and citizens imprisoned for decades.

I don't get it. What stops our "dirty" CIA or Feds or whoever from saying "**** the rules, you're going to CIA prison".

I mean, they don't play fair, why do we pretend to?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
What's the real reason we honor it?

The practice dates back probably thousands of years, it's so two or more countries, kingdoms, empires, what have you depending on the time period could maintain open relations and a channel of dialog even in times of conflict and/or outright war.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, but shouldn't a diplomat being given a slap on the wrist (Or nothing at all) by their host country for a serious crime be an "all bets are off" thing?

If not an act of war, in and of itself.

I just wonder if the truth is, our government doesn't gjve a damn if a normal citizen is murdered.. They don't even do much for murder of citizens, by citizens in impoverished cities.

So they killed a john doe, who cares? The feds kill us all the time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 10:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's a very unfortunate thing when it comes to shit like that, eg I recall in the 80's or early 90's a diplomat drove drunk and murdered a pedestrian, but the only thing that happened was he was sent home and told never to come back. edit: I think it might have actually been the shitlord son of a diplomat

But diplomats are essential to keeping relations and countries need the certainty that their diplomats won't be used as leverage by the hosting country.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 10:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Just been revoked!

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:01 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by SquallX
Just been revoked!

This thread isn't about your sex-life

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:06 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Robtard
This thread isn't about your sex-life

Are you telling me you don’t know where that’s from?! mad

And every thread is about my sex life!🖖😛

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:20 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Robbie is just a Movie Hater.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 05:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote