KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » War against Hatred, will we ever win?

War against Hatred, will we ever win?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

War against Hatred, will we ever win?

What's the point behind knowingly being hateful to others? There's no point to it, I feel like I'd rather be loved then feared.

And when I'm gone, all that fear you wrought, all that hatred you brought down others, it's all gonna be remembered, people are just gonna knowingly mock you, which is another cycle of hatred that just continues endlessly.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:31 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Unless you can totaly rewire the human brain...the answer is no.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:41 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Naive. To rid the world of hate you'd have to rid the world of passion, which would also mean ridding it of love. No, we will never be able to have our cake and eat it too.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 08:16 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nope; too many racist, sexist, misogynist etc people out there and the far right isn't any better.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 10:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The force shall set me free

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:12 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will we ever win against something intangible?

Nope.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 02:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: War against Hatred, will we ever win?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What's the point behind knowingly being hateful to others? There's no point to it, I feel like I'd rather be loved then feared.

That's because you're a genuinely good person.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
And when I'm gone, all that fear you wrought, all that hatred you brought down others, it's all gonna be remembered, people are just gonna knowingly mock you, which is another cycle of hatred that just continues endlessly.

I agree. I want people to love, be positive, and help each other.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 03:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Hate creates conflict. Conflict brings about evolution. Progress = good. Therefore, hate = good.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:04 PM
Azronger is currently offline Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I applaud the sentiment, I really do. There's nothing useful or moral about hate. There's nothing you can do on a systemic societal level to get rid of it though because the burden of good and evil is something that must be voluntarily adopted by each individual. There will always be people out their who shirk that responsibility, and everyone will fail at some point to live up to this ideal.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:29 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Naive. To rid the world of hate you'd have to rid the world of passion, which would also mean ridding it of love. No, we will never be able to have our cake and eat it too.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:46 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
Will we ever win against something intangible?

Nope.

Yes. Atheists are pretty pugnacious in their "Beliefs".

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:08 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Azronger
Hate creates conflict. Conflict brings about evolution. Progress = good. Therefore, hate = good.

This is an idealized Machiavellian perspective. It's tacitly false, as well. It's easily demonstrably wrong with all the science, medical, and technology breakthroughs which were done to help others (charitable work) or to improve the quality of life of as many people as possible.

How old you? This is relevant: usually, your type of perspective, people grow out of it.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is an idealized Machiavellian perspective. It's tacitly false, as well. It's easily demonstrably wrong with all the science, medical, and technology breakthroughs which were done to help others (charitable work) or to improve the quality of life of as many people as possible.

How old you? This is relevant: usually, your type of perspective, people grow out of it.
I am the creator of EpiPen or Narcann. Both drugs save the lives of people, however, I invented them because I wanted to profit off of other people's misfortunes, not because I want to relieve suffering.

Explain that.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:40 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

No

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:51 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kurk
I am the creator of EpiPen or Narcann. Both drugs save the lives of people, however, I invented them because I wanted to profit off of other people's misfortunes, not because I want to relieve suffering.

Explain that.

Well you do have to STAB yourself with the pen...so...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:54 AM
Jmanghan

Explain that.
It's still relieving suffering, and honestly, the guy could've invested in ANYTHING, it didn't have to be those specific things.

Deep down, it may look like nothing but profit, but he invested into THOSE things for a reason.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Explain that.

Well, then that wouldn't be charitable work, now would it? So why should I explain your strawman scenario? thumb up

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:40 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, then that wouldn't be charitable work, now would it? So why should I explain your strawman scenario? thumb up
Charitable work that created life-saving drugs, medical procedures, scientific break-throughs? Name them.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 12:25 AM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Charitable work that created life-saving drugs, medical procedures, scientific break-throughs? Name them.

...Jonas Salk who didn't patent his vaccine for polio??

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 01:25 AM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Hell no. You use google.

And after eliminating some of your edgelord ignorance, post back into the thread your findings with an apology.

It's not my job to educate you with things that are literally common knowledge. In fact, I think you're even pretending to ignore lots of the charitable work (the "changing the world for the betterment of humanity" kind of work) that's quite publicly acknowledged and happening today, because you'd rather be an edgelord.

Why do you insist on wallowing in ignorance or at least making you look like you are wallowing in ignorance? It's not "cool" to be appear to be ignorant.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:12 PM