KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Individualist vs Collectivist Societies: Which one Brings Higher Levels of Happiness?

Individualist vs Collectivist Societies: Which one Brings Higher Levels of Happiness?
Started by: HentaiLover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HentaiLover
Restricted

Account Restricted

Individualist vs Collectivist Societies: Which one Brings Higher Levels of Happiness?

Collectivist societies value prioritizing the good of society over the selfish wants of the individual. These countries often value the family structure and long for everyone to feel as though they have a place in society. It requires a strong sense self-discipline as selfish desires are overcome. Examples of such countries are Japan and Korea. While it has been associated with communism, collectivism can exist in capitalism (see Asian Tigers).

Individualist societies prioritize the wants of the individual to achieve happiness through self-sufficiency and independence, although this often occurs at the cost of others. Countries that are individualist include the US and U.K.

Sith vs Jedi ideology if you ask me.

I personally think a mix of both is needed, which is certainly true in all of these countries. No one state is extremely individualist or collectivist.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 01:22 AM
HentaiLover is currently offline Click here to Send HentaiLover a Private Message Find more posts by HentaiLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How are you doing Kurk?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 01:39 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote