KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How "clean" is your area?

How "clean" is your area?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

How "clean" is your area?

What are the odds you'll be within spitting distance of a crook, in your opinion?

By crook, I mean anything from "Soprano" type stuff, to common street hustlers, all the way up to white collar criminals or corrupt men with some power behind them.

I've just been thinking about how common the "honest working stiff" really is. Seems to me, if you're not smart enough for "respectible" careers, yet you're living the good life, there might be something else going on there.. And I've seen a LOT of people who aren't rocket scientists, don't really tell anyone how they make their money, and people wonder...

Well, that, and I happen to live in a state that has a certain history, if you know what I mean.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: How "clean" is your area?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, that, and I happen to live in a state that has a certain history, if you know what I mean.

I don't...what state do you live in?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If disability and welfare fraud count on your list of being a "crook", Surt's close, REALLY close; like on a personal level if you know what I mean.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If disability and welfare fraud count on your list of being a "crook", Surt's close, REALLY close; like on a personal level if you know what I mean.

smile

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Re: How "clean" is your area?

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't...what state do you live in?

CT.

Not the worst place for crime, by any means, but the bad parts are BAD. And the good parts could have a Corleone as your neighbor, maybe.

Hard to tell, since there's a lot of guys who love the act, but there are certain, shall we say, confirmed gentlemen. Being gunned down in New York is a clue there. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I live in Chicago so we have a bunch of piece of shit thugs breaking the law and shooting people on an almost daily basis.

But thugs gonna thug, you know?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:29 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

My city is very safe. I take walks in the middle of the night and feel perfectly safe doing so. Nothing much ever happens here.

Though it's getting a little worse. There are more and more people living here, and as more people come, more shitty people come. Still a nice area by any measure.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 10:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Similar, but I also live in a smaller city that fringes a major city.

If I cross the GG bridge into San Francisco, I still feel very safe at night. Though I'm aware that with all major cities, there are parts best avoided when the sun dips down.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 11:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I don't know how dangerous it is where I live, I feel pretty safe here, but the reason for that is...

I AM THE DANGER

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 12:09 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 04:23 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Right down the street, but I do feel safe walking around at night. Turns out, living next to “Soprano” types makes you quite safe.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 09:20 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
CrimeMapping.com

Have fun.

You can live in a safe area, and rub elbows with criminals though.

For instance, a lot of retired/successful mobsters live in really nice neighborhoods. After all, crime DOES pay, or no one would do it..

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 12:19 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by cdtm
You can live in a safe area, and rub elbows with criminals though.

For instance, a lot of retired/successful mobsters live in really nice neighborhoods. After all, crime DOES pay, or no one would do it..

Exactly. It also has the benefit of keeping the more common criminals at bay as they tend to stay well away from areas where mobsters live.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 01:53 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Exactly. It also has the benefit of keeping the more common criminals at bay as they tend to stay well away from areas where mobsters live.

Shit then we need to convince gangbanging thugs in Chicago that a bunch of mobsters live in the ghetto.

Worth a try if it lessens the amount of times kids get shot in the face by thugs too dumb to aim properly.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 03:09 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I basically live in a gradually shrinking, decent, old white person suburb surrounded by the growing (cancer) ghetto on three sides.

I work in the ghetto and honestly have never had anything happen to me...yet.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:15 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I live in a rough part of a rough city, but it's only ever really dangerous when you're in your teens and early 20's as that's when other people of a similar age are roaming the streets looking to take out their aggression on someone and you have a high likelihood of getting stabbed while going to the shop for milk, that's eased off a lot though since I hit my 30's. There's likely a number of factor to this, but basically the kid that could have stabbed me 15 years ago is now either dead, in prison or chilled the phuck out because of their own kids and an expensive marijuana habit. I walk past massive gangs of kids on street corners all the time now, I know/grew up with half of their parents. A walk home on a Friday evening can be quite pleasant now as I'm waving at people or stopping for a chat every 200 feet.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:59 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My "area" is very clean. I wash and shower every day to avoid funk and build up around my "area"

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well a week ago we had 70 shootings in one weekend. So, it's a shithole run by democrats for decades and likely it's not going to change.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:41 PM