KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

I trying my best to be patient but I have friend who is wearing me out with this "busy" line they are throwing around. Before they were controlled but now it's gotten worse and I'm tired of it. They are late constantly, they have a hard time with keeping promises, and it's more and more frustrating putting up with their poor attention span. I'm more frustrated having to hear them say they are "busy" with everything they do and I'm about to throw my hands up. I'm trying to be patient and faithful but what would be the best remedy for this situation because I'm losing my patience and getting tired out quickly?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:12 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

You write, "...I have friend who is..." (singular indicators) but use plural pronouns ("they", "their"). Is there more than one friend, or is this one person's sex such a secret, or you don't know their gender schedule, that that is part of the problem?

In any event, have you talked to this friend about what's bugging you? Or maybe e is trying to give you a hint.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:32 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

would love to comment on this but I'm busy right now. some other time perhaps.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:54 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

quote: (post)
Originally posted by atv2
I trying my best to be patient but I have friend who is wearing me out with this "busy" line they are throwing around. Before they were controlled but now it's gotten worse and I'm tired of it. They are late constantly, they have a hard time with keeping promises, and it's more and more frustrating putting up with their poor attention span. I'm more frustrated having to hear them say they are "busy" with everything they do and I'm about to throw my hands up. I'm trying to be patient and faithful but what would be the best remedy for this situation because I'm losing my patience and getting tired out quickly?
They're busy, get over it. If you don't have patience with them then maybe its best if you just weren't friends with them.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 11:03 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Re: Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

They might have a personal issue. Have a bit of empathy and maybe talk to them. Ask them if there's a problem.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 11:06 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I have a friend who has a lot of trouble keeping time. He would forget his own head if it was not affixed to his neck, and the guy could not be on time for any sort of thing ever. Every time I wanna go to the movies or go to the shops, he tells me he'll come over at a specific time, and shows up LITERALLY 4 hours later than the alloted time.

However, that being said, all i can really do is say "Thats Jay being Jay for ya...." I mean, whats the point of getting angry over it? It oesn't change anything.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:31 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Take a shit on his/her porch.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:37 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I say scrape them off. If they actually give a shit about you then they'll find out where you disappeared to. If they don't come looking then you know they're not really your friends so you don't have to waste any effort supporting them when they're in a bad spot.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:40 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
would love to comment on this but I'm busy right now. some other time perhaps.

Then why did you come over posting then. I'm looking for the helpers. If not here to help I'm not looking for you.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:25 PM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Originally posted by darthgoober
I say scrape them off. If they actually give a shit about you then they'll find out where you disappeared to. If they don't come looking then you know they're not really your friends so you don't have to waste any effort supporting them when they're in a bad spot.

It seems like they are caring more so I'll extend my patience out and keep giving it a chance.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:27 PM
atv2

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I have a friend who has a lot of trouble keeping time. He would forget his own head if it was not affixed to his neck, and the guy could not be on time for any sort of thing ever. Every time I wanna go to the movies or go to the shops, he tells me he'll come over at a specific time, and shows up LITERALLY 4 hours later than the alloted time.

However, that being said, all i can really do is say "Thats Jay being Jay for ya...." I mean, whats the point of getting angry over it? It oesn't change anything.

That's true but aren't you concerned that he'll stand you up again? Keep talking to him, Your time matters too.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:28 PM
atv2

Re: Re: Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

Originally posted by MythLord
They might have a personal issue. Have a bit of empathy and maybe talk to them. Ask them if there's a problem.

It's improving some.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:29 PM
atv2

Re: Re: Overwhelmed and tired of hearing the word "busy".

Originally posted by Jmanghan
They're busy, get over it. If you don't have patience with them then maybe its best if you just weren't friends with them.

The issue will visit me again. I forgive them but it I still have to talk to them about their issues. Currently things are improving.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:31 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Then why did you come over posting then. I'm looking for the helpers. If not here to help I'm not looking for you.

good question, i'll answer when i get a minute. no time right now.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 11:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

It seems like they are caring more so I'll extend my patience out and keep giving it a chance.

In all honesty, I've known him for so long (Over 20 years now) that I know it's beyond his capabilities. And I know every reason he has for doing it, so there's no point in asking. better to just grin and bear it than argue over something he cannot change.

Because when the chips are down, I know he'll be there, and that's more important to me.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 12:03 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote