KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!
Started by: Tzeentch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Alright lads, let's have some have some fun talking about who/what we voted for, and the results as they roll in.

STATE:

Notable Candidates I Voted For:

Notable Props/Measures I Voted For:

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 6th, 2018 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 10:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

STATE: California

Governor: Gavin Newsome (ugh)
Senator: Kevin de Leon
Mayor: Pamela Price

No on Prop 5, **** old people
No on Prop 7, voted against California having DST year-round
Yes on prop 10, voted to allow rent control in more areas
Yes on Prop 11, voted for EMTs breaks to be considered on-duty and paid
No on prop 12, **** farm animals

Voted yes on a measure to give cannabis companies some tax relief
Voted yes to increase the minimum wage of hotel employees in Oakland

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 10:59 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Also California.

I voted for Newsome even though he kinda rubs me the wrong way. Also voted for De Leon but sounds like he doesn't have much of a chance. Voted for Harley Rouda for congress.

As far as props, voted yes on Prop 1 and 2, yes on 10, yes on 12...voted to repeal the gas tax. Yes on 6. Maybe yes on 4? I don't remember which one that was and can't be bothered to look it up. Voted no on the rest.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Imagine being a serial killer pedophile, and still voting to make farms comfier for soon-to-be-slaughtered animals.

Sad!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire

Animals > humans

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Also California.

I voted for Newsome even though he kinda rubs me the wrong way. Also voted for De Leon but sounds like he doesn't have much of a chance. Voted for Harley Rouda for congress.

As far as props, voted yes on Prop 1 and 2, yes on 10, yes on 12...voted to repeal the gas tax. Yes on 6. Maybe yes on 4? I don't remember which one that was and can't be bothered to look it up. Voted no on the rest.

We're pretty close. Though I voted to keep the gas tax, our roads need it, even though I realize bureaucracy will likely just eat up the money while here I go again, hitting a pothole.

Newsome will be president in the not so far off future, so get used to him rubbing you more.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I illegally immigrated to the US just to vote for the orange party. Orange man good.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:26 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I don't think Newsome will ever be president. He lacks the charisma that is required these days and comes off as snobby. I think my girl Kamala Harris has a much better chance than he does.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
I don't think Newsome will ever be president. He lacks the charisma that is required these days and comes off as snobby. I think my girl Kamala Harris has a much better chance than he does.

I think you're severely underestimating the racism and sexism in US politics; she has both going against her. Though if (when) Trump's policies get the US is the biggest recession, depression shithole come 2020ish, that would be the perfect political enough-is-enough environment for a woman of color to become President.

But I'd vote for Kamala Harris if she made the ticket.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Robtard
Though I voted to keep the gas tax, our roads need it, even though I realize bureaucracy will likely just eat up the money while here I go again, hitting a pothole.
I'm in the same boat, not just for prop 6 but for a lot of the bonds and tax increase shit. I don't mind paying high taxes at all honestly, it burns my ass that the state will for sure mismanage all that extra money and we'll never see most of it get put to any decent use, though. It's the harsh duality of taxes. I wish there was a way (or that I knew of a way) to see a more comprehensive plan for how and in what manner extra tax income will be used for. "This gives us an extra 100 million to fix bridges and improve water quality". Okay, but how? What specific pieces of infrastructure will be built or renovated, and by whom? There should be a much more comprehensive sales pitch for my money.

Newsom is shit and I hate the Republicans for giving me no better alternative. Overall the choices of this election feel really bitter sweet.

edit- What'd you vote on the DST prop, Rob?

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 6th, 2018 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The wording seemed strange, but I voted No on 7. I'd like DST to end.

Also not sure how that would work? California time doesn't change while the rest of the states is our timezone do? Seems like it'd need to be an all or nothing, no?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

STATE: Canada

Notable Candidates I Voted For: All the nice people down at the government hoose.

Notable Props/Measures I Voted For: Proposition Everyone Have a Great Day, okie doke?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:03 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone go out and vote for Sam Hyde, lets take back the country.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:07 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Voted yes to require a public thingee to sell off parts of CT land, and also voted yes to use transportation funds for transportation, period, and to require funds for the purpose.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:17 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
STATE: California

Governor: Gavin Newsome (ugh)
Senator: Kevin de Leon
Mayor: Pamela Price

No on Prop 5, **** old people
No on Prop 7, voted against California having DST year-round
Yes on prop 10, voted to allow rent control in more areas
Yes on Prop 11, voted for EMTs breaks to be considered on-duty and paid
No on prop 12, **** farm animals

Voted yes on a measure to give cannabis companies some tax relief
Voted yes to increase the minimum wage of hotel employees in Oakland

No prop to bring back California Dream Barbie?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:18 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Robtard
The wording seemed strange, but I voted No on 7. I'd like DST to end.

Also not sure how that would work? California time doesn't change while the rest of the states is our timezone do? Seems like it'd need to be an all or nothing, no?
That's the conclusion I came to as well. It'd be just California.

https://www.ballot.fyi/prop-7

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:23 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's the conclusion I came to as well. It'd be just California.

https://www.ballot.fyi/prop-7

Ah, I see.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:26 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't wait for the blue wave of HIV+ needles and drag queen wigs to rain down on me. Let's go Dems.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:28 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Thanks, Tzeentch, for the thread.

So far, 42 out of 100 senate seats already declared for the GOP. 23 declared for Democrats.1 Independent.

Assuming the remaining seats are 50-50 split, that would mean 17 more seats for each side.

59 seats for the GOP.

40 seats for the Dems.

But that's assuming the remaining seats are 50-50 split.

Current Control:

Majority Party: Republican (54 seats)
Minority Party: Democrat (44 seats)
Other Parties: 2 Independents (both caucus with the Democrats)
Total Seats: 100

This would point to more seats being won by the GOP. What am I missing? What's going on with the senate?

House currently sites at 9 Dems, 10 GOP. Much closer race it would seems.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 12:57 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's still going to be close though. But yeah there was no chance of a 'Blue Wave' anyway.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 01:12 AM