KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What would you do all in the name of Charity?

What would you do all in the name of Charity?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

What would you do all in the name of Charity?

It was Comic Relief Night in the UK on Friday and one of the things that happened was that Billy Connely, mad Scottish comediene and actor ran naked around Trafalgar Square so I was just wondering what crazy things others had done for charity in the past.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 04:31 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

A comediene, doesn't that suggest female? Last time I check (on Friday) he was male. It wasn't that small was it, RC?

Anyways, the most extreme thing I've done for charity is to jump out of a plane (literally). To be more precise I (along with others) did a sky-dive for a local charity. We raised about £400 (thats €600 smile )

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:32 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Ooops, ok, point taken. Typing skills getting bad again. Actually though, I here is was pretty small. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:37 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Well...

I once stayed in my pyjamas for a whole week to raise money for Comic relief. It was so funny. I went to school wearing them, went around town wearing them. I even had these ridiculous fluffy slippers on too! It was awful at first but i got used to it towards the end of the week and I kinda missed the attention when I stopped! I did raise over 700 pounds though!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 11:35 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Re: Well...

Then you put the pyjamas to stand by itself in the corner.smile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 11:37 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: Well...

Hum. I did a 24-hour play once in ym school's Corps of Drums, which was pretty hellish, but I get the feeling other people have done much more...

Which Comic relief did you do that for, Edna? Did you get an on-screen credit for it?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

ooh let me think...

...I was in year 7, so that was 5 years ago I believe! No on screen credit. It sucked! Not fair!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:55 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: ooh let me think...

Oh well, you can get credit from us instead. And I'm sure Lenny Henry appreciated it...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 02:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I tend to go crazy or be crazy sometimes. So I was once given the opportunity to raise money for the local animal shelter and humiliate Wal*Mart(the rude corprate company that would not donate to the animal shelter). My animal loving friends and I set up in the Wal*Mart parking lot with a baseball bat and several boxes of old mushy grapefruits. We charged a dollar for every fruit we smashed off the side of Wal*Mart untill we were arrested. We made something like 300 bucks though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:18 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Crazy, not illegal!!!laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:20 PM
finti

You made 300 bucks and were fined how much?laughing out loud
I never did anything in the name of charity, why should I?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 03:18 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

That is TOTALLY COOL, Xizor ! I would do anything to help animals. smile

I have washed cars for charity, volunteered at St. Josephs carnival (worked in kiddie game booths) and worked in the soup kitchen. smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 05:22 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yes, but isn't melon based vandalism just a little extreme???big grin

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 06:14 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

No way. Gallagher would approve. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:27 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Why?..doesn't hurt anything...

I've never done anything like that for charity...I'm more the random act of kindness type.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:30 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, I'm sure Wal Mart weren't overly happy about it....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:46 PM
finti

Maybe I would do a stunt like that on the EU parliment in Brusselsevil face if they don`t butt out of Norwegian domestic politics.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:48 PM
Ratcat

Yeah, I have to say that I hate the way the EU try an bully their way around.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:51 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

I once went swimming in an outdoor pool at a hotel when the water was dirty and FREEZING!!!it was winter in Chicago after all. I did it for the JediOasis charity smile Made $20, I was pumped!

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 01:29 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote