KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » People lying about Rape: How common is it really?

People lying about Rape: How common is it really?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

People lying about Rape: How common is it really?

I see people all the time saying people are very unlikely to lie about rape, to the point of lynching anyone who was dare even accused, despite someone formerly being friends with that person and swearing they were the kindest person.

Why am I making this? Because I think it's a lot more common then someone might think.

Rape is one of the worst crimes a human being can commit on any level, and I think I have a good enough idea to talk about this, considering I have personally been lied about.

I talked about it on here before, but in any case, to remove any doubt that I have the right to talk about this:

I had a friend, let's call her "Nancy", so Nancy and I were really great friends for a lot of years, I had always supported her despite her making very stupid decisions and hanging out with awful, abusive people who were not only very cold to me, but at times her as well, despite her only ever wanting to fit in with them they continued to be colder and colder to her over the years, she lost touch with a few but I kept in touch with her, I seemed to be the only one that was ever kind to her, I would always hear stories about how they had treated her.

Over the years, I'd hear stories of her lying, even from my own best friends, and former friends, and acquaintances who knew of our friendship.

We dated at one point, but broke up within 2 weeks of the relationship.

Anyway, a few years down the line, she had moved away, I went to hang out with her at her hotel room where she was living at the time, we chilled for awhile, she was always very cuddly and had a habit of cuddling up to me when we hung out and we didn't end up doing anything sexual a year before.

I don't condone "home-wrecking", it's disgusting and evil and can ruin someone's relationship, nevertheless, Nancy was in a relationship at the time, and during all this cuddling she was not saying anything when I grabbed her ass and outright encouraged it. At some point I ended up on top of her and ended up feeling her up, fondling her breast for a bit before she got a text from her bf.

I'd like to say I felt awful, she looked like she did, but in all honesty I just felt kinda... horny at the time, lol.

So anyway, I go home, get a text from her boyfriend, who for some reason swears that I raped her, that I'm not going to get away with it. I threaten to sue the girl and him for slander, he proceeds to send a tirade of insults and how I'm the lowest form of pond-life.

All of a sudden, she tells me "I didn't tell him you raped me". She says something to the boyfriend, who swears to me that she told him I raped her or molested her.

But yet she tells me a different story, the only reason I can see is if he was in denial that she cheated on him? But no, it went hand-in-hand with who the girl was since she had told me multiple lies before, how my friend (who has been with the same girl for 7 years now) told her about his penis size, never happened, how my other friend molested her, how all these people raped her.

This isn't to try and make you believe less, in fact, I've tried to make it a point to stop being a skeptic recently and start believing people more often, stop asking so many questions and whatnot. But to go on youtube and facebook and hear so many people talk about how "unlikely" it is for someone to lie about it is unbelievable.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions at some point, and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU if you get a gut feeling about someone's situation.

Cheers.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 06:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's absolutely more common that many people think. I looked into it and it turns out that when people say that only 2% of reported rapes are false claims, what they're actually referring to(whether they realize it or not) is the percentage of claims that are conclusively proven to be untrue.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 07:04 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Well the thing is, feminists will lie about the statistic and say only 2% of rape accusations are false.

However, the actual statistic is from a meta-analysis that says 2-8% of rape accusations were proven to be false.

So not only is this deceptive by providing only the low end estimate, but those are only the ones that could be proven to be false.

A more accurate statement than "only 2% of rape accusations are false" would be "at the very very least 2-10% of rape accusations are false"

In over half of rape cases IIRC the accusation can't be proven true or false.

What's truly disgusting about this is that feminists will use the "women don't lie about rape" claim to try and undermine due process so that a person's life can be destroyed by an unproven allegation.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 07:06 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Means to an end, friend. Means to an end.

Most feminists probably just don't check the facts. Which is something we're all guilty of.

And the ones that do know, likely think it's a small evil, if it ends up actually helping women in need.

Nothing malicious about it, but the point is helping victims. That makes it easy to overlook "white lies" to that end.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 07:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I've posted about this before.

My ex-wife's best friend was an Nurse (ER?). She said that almost none of the girls who came in for the rape kit were raped with many admitting it (which is stupid as hell to do).

Once you start getting hundreds into this kind of thing, you become jaded. I think she started to become callused.

I think we should be asking ER Nurses to keep track of numbers (but do so in such a way that does not violate HIPAA such as collecting data at the end of each month instead of each day (so the data can be anonymized across the month to obfuscate the potential of tying women to those numbers to avoid the Personal Health Information (PHI) violation)). They will have much more accurate numbers that the standard populace.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If it's that bad, one has to wonder what the motivation is for burying the data.

At my most jaded, I often wonder whether money is a factor, at all. Because lawsuits amount to BIG money, for all sorts of things that are protected by law.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually I think the number of false rape accusations is 2%-10%. As someone else said...these are the ones they are SURE were false. It doesn't mean that only 10% of rape accusations are false, though that sure as hell is how some feminists twist that stat.

Even if we assumed 10% was the concrete figure for false accusations...that means 1 out of every 10 rape accusations are false. That is disturbing and it gets even more disturbing when you realize in reality the number is probably higher than 10%, which means you could potentially have maybe 2-4 out every 10 accusations are false.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 30th, 2018 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

More common than one would think.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:01 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what I would love to know? How many of the women in that 2-10% range were actually charged for lying about being raped?

Who wants to bet the answer isn't 100%?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I have never lied about the people I've raped.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you just lied because you never have raped anyone eek!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:55 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I prefer the term “struggle snuggle”.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
But you just lied because you never have raped anyone eek!

Fighting words if I've ever heard them.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I was a prison guard for nearly five years and I had my fair share of seeing/dealing with inmate rape. Gross stuff, really. A big bowl of Prison Chili.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

seeing/dealing and engaging in?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:59 PM
Impediment
Endless

Not engaging. I have higher standards than some mutt in a prison uniform.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:00 PM
BackFire

How can you breathe way up there on your high horse?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:02 PM
Flyattractor

Fart Gas Rises...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:04 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Inmate love is a very real thing. Years ago, I made a thread about a hilarious break up I witnessed in one of my units.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:08 PM
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Inmate love is a very real thing. Years ago, I made a thread about a hilarious break up I witnessed in one of my units.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Ok, that was just lovely.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 08:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote