KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe
Started by: shiv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Zimbabwe

Hey KMC Lets Support This Petition

http://chng.it/yyQhN8vy

https://www.change.org/p/amnesty-in...agwa-from-davos

It's A Worthy Cause

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 02:17 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:15 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I thought things would improve with the removal of Mugabe. I thought wrong, it seems.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:34 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Zimbabwe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv

It's A Worthy Cause
did it earlier

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:21 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Zimbabwe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv

It's A Worthy Cause

I submitted a petition to increase police brutality in Zimbabwe. So far, our signatures are nearly even. Let's see who wins.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Hahaha

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:47 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

In another thread whirly and I were talking about how to really understand about other countries / cultures, sometimes you have to go there... or the next best thing... ask some one from there.

okay...

I was chatting on WhatsApp with a friend from Zimbabwe (Thank You T) (Hz)

Below are some real interesting articles.

Last edited by shiv on Jan 16th, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:18 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Joyce Mujuru's Open Letter to Oppah Muchinguri

Dear Oppah,

Napoleon Bonaparte once said “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake”, thats why I kept quiet when you and Grace were busy attacking me at your rallies. As fools I was giving you enough rope so that you can hang yourselves. Now that you are in a fix let me respond to some of the accusations you made against me. I say “you” because im reliably informed that most of the things Grace said about me came from you. I have already written to her giving her my piece of mind. You may have seen the letter after it was leaked and went viral on the social network.

Perhaps I should start by telling you that I was shocked that you were so naive to think that you could solve our party problems by hiring Grace to join politics. So you thought since Grace slept (past tense) with the President she somehow acquired some of his presidential powers and that you could use those powers against me? If power could be transmitted through sex, Im sure you would be one of the most powerful women in Zimbabwe yourself since you also used to sleep with Mugabe. You should by now know that there is nothing special about being First Lady or sharing the bed with the head of state. Furthermore when you were telling lies about me you conveniently chose to forget that all of us have skeletons in our closets. But unlike Grace I will not use beer-hall language to respond to your accusations. You should both have taken her advice when she said people who live in glass houses should never throw stones at others. How dare you give Grace wrong information about me when you could easily tell the truth? Is it because you are afraid of the truth? Or perhaps you are afraid that if the truth is said about you people will know that you were complicit in the death of Cde Tongogara on 26 December 1979? That you are the one who carried out Mugabe’s instruction to hide the letter sent to him by our military intelligence on 22 December, a letter that could have convinced him to travel by air and not by road where he was ambushed and murdered on his way from Mozambique. And were you not part of the convoy yet you survived the ambush and later lied about the circumstances of his death? Did you not later tell the commission enquiring about Cde Tongogara’s death that you hid the letter from him because he had raped you the night before? And then you want to talk about my corruption when you have such skeletons in your closet? Besides is Grace not the queen of corruption in Zimbabwe? But then birds of a feather always flock together. You have the blood of Cde Tongo on your head and she has that of Peter Pamire who had to die to hide her adultery with him.

Grace accuses me of harbouring presidential ambitions as if its a crime to aspire to be president. I would rather aspire and work to be the president of Zimbabwe than change men like sanitary pads or pretend to fall in love just so I can be First Lady. Better still, I would never use a default position like that of First Lady to settle personal scores with perceived enemies, never. More so when I have contributed nothing towards getting him into the presidential seat. So tell her to stop attacking me for dreaming bigger than being just a president’s wife. You must also tell her that her accusation of incompetence against me will not stick. I work under the instruction of her husband and that as vice president can never do anything that will overshadow my boss. This means by accusing me of being incompetent Grace is telling the world that her husband is incompetent. Furthermore if the President is not happy with my performance as vice president its not up to his wife to warn or fire me. But, as I said, you have been very naive to think Grace can talk about party business when she is just a card carrying grassroot member of the party. Thats why the Politburo asked you and not Grace for a report about your silly shenanigans. I thought you were smarter than that Oppah. Evidently I was wrong about you.

On the issue of diamonds and corruption which you made Grace parrot about, let me educate you a bit. When diamonds were discovered in Chiadzwa my husband, like everyone else in the party also told the President that he wanted a share. Dont pretend as if you dont know how things are done in the party, that one’s share of the cake depends on how much the President is willing to give. My husband got permission from the president to form a diamond mining company and to get a concession. So we formed ACR (Pvt) Ltd, the President had Mbada, Grace formed DMC, the army formed Anjin with the Chinese, Chihuri and the police formed Gayaye, Bonyongwe and the CIO formed Kusema and the government formed Marange Resources. All these companies were given permission to mine diamonds in Marange but at that time no one had neither the money nor the expertise to mine diamonds. Others formed partnerships with those who had the necessary resources. Solomon and I also failed to get money to start the operation but we got a lucky break when we discovered that the area that we had been given to mine was richer than the areas given to others. Our problems started when Grace got wind that the Mujuru area was easier to mine and that it was producing diamonds of better quality. As has become her MO, Grace got the President to ask Solomon to surrender our concession for another one. My husband refused and the rest is history. So Grace cannot tell me about corruption when my husband was fried alive for refusing to surrender our claim. She must not attempt to paint herself in white when everything about her is as black as the darkest night.

Last edited by shiv on Jan 16th, 2019 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Sits back and waits for the fact a petition was posted to trigger the usual suspects*

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/12/z...ustrial-action/

The Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association (ZHDA) National Executive would like to update the press, members of the public, stakeholders and its members on new developments in the industrial action which has entered its 27th day (Thursday).

ZANU pf wishes everyone a prosperous year and safe journey to SA, Botswana, Mozambique to look for jobs 😂😂😂

https://www.zimbabwesituation.com/n...to-go-up-again/

Apart from the dire forex situation, Zinyama highlighted that the cost of wheat was also adding onto the pressure.

Standard bread flour has gone up from the $730 per tonne in November to $780 per tonne before rising to $835 per tonne on January 1 this year.

Bakers require at least $7 million per month to import raw materials and spare parts.

Effective January 1, bakers are now enjoying duty-free importation of raw materials under a manufacturers rebate introduced by Treasury to reduce the cost of production and minimise increases in the price of bread.

However, bakers insisted that the biggest issue was not free duty, but was access to foreign currency.

“The biggest issue is not about free duty, but it’s the access to forex itself. Duty is a small component of our problem. Of cause, we appreciate the effort, but at the moment, we can’t get forex to import our raw materials,” NBAZ president Ngoni Mazango said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-idUSKCN1P1157

https://www.zimeye.net/2019/01/05/f...ustrial-action/

Zimbabwe teachers to strike over pay as currency crisis deepens

https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2019/...uck-mozambique/

Zim wheat stuck in Mozambique

Consignment of 30 000 metric tonnes of wheat which was sourced from Lithuania by the Grain Millers’ Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ) is stuck at Beira port in Mozambique after the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) reportedly failed to pay for the vessel.

The vessel, docked at the Beira port two weeks ago, needs US$12,2 million before it can offload the consignment of wheat. The RBZ has only managed to pay US$2,5 million to the London-based supplier, Holbud Ltd.

https://zwnews.com/mthuli-ncube-sta...another-mphoko/
Mthuli Ncube and Mangudya are cheating Zimbabweans through bond notes and RTGS system: Mugabe breathes fire

https://www.zimshoppingmalls.com/ol...own-operations/

Olivine Industries Shuts Down Operations

The Board of Directors and Management of Olivine Industries (Pvt) Ltd regrets to advise its customers that all manufacturing operations have stopped. The company has struggled to restart its manufacturing operations in January 2019 for lack of imported raw materials. As such it remains closed after the shutdown in December 2018 and employees have been sent on indefinite leave.

Unfortunately, production during the remainder of 2018 struggled at low capacity due to shortages of raw materials procured through letters of credit established before 30 September 2018 and on foreign supplier credit which were last serviced in 2018. The company currently owes US$11 million to its foreign suppliers who have since cut off suppliers until the arrears are paid. The company, awaits foreign currency allocations, and is sitting with sufficient RTGS account bank balances to pay off the foreign creditors in full and produce further raw materials.

Our efforts to engage government especially our shareholders i.e. Ministry of Finance have not had any resolution and we regret closing of our operations till further notice.

We thank you for your understanding.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:56 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Fuel

Attachment: fuel 1.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:13 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Increase

Attachment: fuel 2.jpg

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:14 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Sample City /Town Notice

MUTARE CITIZENS

Starting tomorrow transport fares will be hiking as follows :

City to Dangamvura-$5
City to Chikanga-$3
City to Sakubva-$3
City to Hobhouse-$4
City to Harare-$28

And to add on.......

Monday (TOMORROW)

1.Nobody is going to work and please stay indoors.

2.If u're really concerned about your kids please keep them indoors... no school tomorrow.

3.Combis are not allowed to enter in town but if you insist then you will face the consequences.

4.Teachers in and around Mutare stop teaching ......how can you teach while your pay is useless in a ruthless economy like ours.

5.Any vehicle seen moving will be drained tyre pressure.

We are tired of this hostile Zimbabwe.All youths 18 and above lets demonstrate tomorrow starting at 9am and lets all meet at the open ground at Miekles Park.

This is no joke Mutare Citizens.

Pass this message and warn others .

Be aware that in some areas we will come to you gates and knock kindly asking for your sons and daughters to come out and participate in making Zimbabwe a great Nation again.

This January ED must go.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:30 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Attachment: charter jet.jpg

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:35 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

https://twitter.com/1changamire/sta...5753475/photo/1

Prof Changamire: Hello Zimbabwe in case they take away your right to access info by blocking certain sites this is a way to bypass it

elsewhere...

[21:36, 1/14/2019] Hnr Sikala: As we speak 10 vehicles without number plates arrived and broke into HH and took the speakers. Entered in and burn it and sped away
[21:36, 1/14/2019] Hnr Sikala: Harvest House burnt ladies and gentlemen
[21:36, 1/14/2019] Hnr Sikala: Our HQ is on fire as we speak

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:46 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Army ready to takeover again. Intelligence information filtering in says the ZNA is about to remove Mnangagwa & Chiwenga the Mugabe way. Friday the 18th has been set as the final push day. Only 4 army units are going to be central in this operation. However, there is stiff resistance from the Presidential Guard which is strongly aligned to number 1 and number 2. Some SADC security experts from SA, Namibia and Swaziland are involved in the operation. They are taking advantage of the prevailing economic chaos. A prominent NGO based in Zambia is receiving funding to prop up the operation which must be carried out over a 6 day period before assuring the nation of the road map to democracy.

An Army PSA

14-01-2019 to 18-01-19

Save life & Zimbabwe

For the sake of our children and wives, this message has to be well communicated and forwarded to various platforms,

We are very committed to deliver Zimbabwe back to its glory and anything is going to take place as from tonight 13-01-19 upto 18-01-19 . By Friday things should be totally changed in our country.

Hot Spots

Don't allow children to go to school this week they might be sacrificed, especially those using school buses or travelling long distances,

Avoid Zuva Service Stations, won't say much about this ,you know why we are targeting it President Mnangagwa = Zuva Gas Stations = He Is The Majority Shareholder, even with your cars waiting for fuel, you might be sacrificed again.

Zanu PF cars,buildings

Just stay away , please Dear Zimbabweans

All Public Institutions & Government

Forces behind our misery, and workers who are out of their interests exploited to support a corrupt system unfortunately you are the most targeted group, stay away,

Kombies & Buses

Parked buses, cars and kombies are safe, those operating are the targeted once , you won't see the one who burns your car, prevention is better than cure dear family,

Red clothes

Avoid any party related clothes to be precise MDC clothes, this is not an MDC thing the opposition is equally confused, its about Zimbabwe fellow Zimbabweans

Don't remove stones in roads or try to work with the system or for the system

Stay home and cooperate

God bless Zimbabwe

Stay Away

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:03 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

https://news.pindula.co.zw/2019/01/...country-offline

Econet Wireless Zimbabwe has blocked access to the whole internet following a directive from the government. Pindula News has learnt that the users of the mobile network started realising they could not access the internet at about 0845hrs on 15 January 2019.

Over 65% of the active mobile network subscriptions in Zimbabwe are on the Econet Wireless network.

So far other networks have just blocked access to social media apps WhatsApp and Facebook, Zimbabwe’s largest mobile operator has pulled the plug on the whole internet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:07 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Fuel

Attachment: fuel corruption.jpg

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:14 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Zanu PF Robert Mugabe – Prime Minister and Minister of Defence

Zanu PF Emmerson Mnangagwa – Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office

Zanu PF Emmerson Mnangagwa – Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office in 1980 - Head Of State Today

From everything I've seen that country could use an election.... without Zanu PF being allowed to rig and steal the vote (and get away with it) by international observers.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:35 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Give me a two, three paragraph max summary about the major issues Zimbabwe is facing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:37 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote