KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Today the people of my country celebrate an important man in our history, a wise man, a brave man, judged to be righteous for the quality of his character and for his impact on the history of our nation.

MLK was a visionary, one who dreamed of a future in which we are not judged by the color of our skin, but by the quality of our character. This value of individualism, of treating people as the individuals they choose to be rather than by what they were born as, is one of my most important values religiously, morally, and politically.

The idea that each person is made in the image of God, endowed by their creator with inalienable rights, is the founding promise upon which my nation and its legal structure were founded. Yet this promise went unfulfilled to large numbers of Americans for a long time, and this great man that we celebrate today is one of the people responsible for believing in that promise, for ensuring that that promise was better fulfilled, better embodied, extended to all as a universal.

We are not the people born the same color as us, we are not our ancestors, we are not faceless and nameless in a crowd, but individuals, each with our own names and faces, each with our own strengths and weaknesses, each with our own virtues and sins, each with our own innocence and guilt, each with our own values and actions, each of us defined by who we choose to be through our words and deeds.

The issue MLK spoke to was far deeper than a political issue, it was in fact a religious issue. Not merely a question of policy, but a question of first principle around which policy is built.

Since the day of MLK we have made great and mighty strides in the fulfillment of the promise, the realization of the dream, and yet, there are people from many groups and many sides who work against this principle, who act against this principle, and so we should all take a moment to reflect upon this pivotal point in our history, lest we forget the wisdom of this great man to our own peril and the peril of others.

Happy MLK day everyone.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:10 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Wonderful speech. :3

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:18 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He had his faults like everyone, but I feel he was a great man.

I don't know if this is something you wanna discuss, but there is the recent news of the King family demanding a probe into his murder. The Kennedy's are also demanding probes into RFK's murder.

King's family has come out and said the guy they say killed him is not guilty, they don't believe he did it.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur

I don't know if this is something you wanna discuss, but there is the recent news of the King family demanding a probe into his murder. The Kennedy's are also demanding probes into RFK's murder.

King's family has come out and said the guy they say killed him is not guilty, they don't believe he did it.
Interesting... :3

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:21 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Interesting... :3

IMO he was not killed over anything to do with civil rights. He wasn't killed until he started coming out against the Vietnam war.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Well said

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 10:54 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are corporations and businesses that consider them social progressives hypocrites for being open on this holiday?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 11:19 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

More like Why do Postal Workers and Bankers get the day off?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 06:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

King was a great man. It's sad the minds of racists have changed so little.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 07:10 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Are corporations and businesses that consider them social progressives hypocrites for being open on this holiday?
are businesses that support america hypocrites for being open on the 4th of july?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 10:05 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22
are businesses that support america hypocrites for being open on the 4th of july?
thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 10:39 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Surtur

The King family won a civil case against the US government in the 90's but apparently the whole case was a farce, the King family were only awarded $100 and the government didn't even send anybody to represent them at the hearing. The whole thing was most likely a stunt to facilitate some member of his family entering the political arena.

Not saying the government didn't whack him like.

And yes, a great man indeed. A visionary taken from us too soon, like the rest of them.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 12:16 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Putinbot1

You must be high if you actually believe that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 12:23 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Give the far left a few more years, they're trying.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 12:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Give the far left a few more years, they're trying.

laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 12:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking After MLK Jr. - Key & Peele

laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 12:27 PM