KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » xenophobia and evolution

xenophobia and evolution
Started by: Valkorion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Valkorion
Nova

xenophobia and evolution

even though i like to pick at the leftists here, i'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration and lots of other things

but i do have to wonder why people are naturally so xenophobic, and why almost no country ever before modern times had a generous immigration policy

is it possible that having a preference for your own "tribe" (aka country nowadays) was useful for survival? is that still relevant or is it kinda obsolete nowadays? prob somewhere in-between

Last edited by Valkorion on Jan 23rd, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:41 PM
Valkorion is currently offline Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Valkorion
even though i like to pick at the leftists here, i'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration and lots of other things

but i do have to wonder why people are naturally so xenophobic, and why almost no country ever before modern times had a generous immigration policy

is it possible that having a preference for you own "tribe" (aka country nowadays) was useful for survival? is that still relevant or is it kinda obsolete nowadays? prob somewhere in-between

See this gets into tricky territory. For instance, look at your tribe comments. I guarantee you some folk think it's more okay for blacks to have a preference for their own "tribe" than whites.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

to be clear by tribe i mean government

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:44 PM
Valkorion is currently offline Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I gotcha, yeah nationalism is getting shit on lately, but I don't think it's wrong.

The president of France cried about nationalism until his people rioted over his bullshit.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
See this gets into tricky territory. For instance, look at your tribe comments. I guarantee you some folk think it's more okay for blacks to have a preference for their own "tribe" than whites.

laughing out loud What a retard

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
laughing out loud What a retard

*sigh* If you need to go there, okay, which part was incorrect?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:21 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

The president of France cried about nationalism until his people rioted over his bullshit.

Except those two things are related.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:22 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Except those two things are related.

Nice! He whined about nationalism and then caved to his people cuz they wanted him to look out for the country first instead of being a weasel.

Doesn't that make you smile a little bit?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

*sigh* If you need to go there, okay, which part was incorrect?
1) Valkor wasn't referring to race

2) Your "I guarantee you some folk think it's more okay for blacks to have a preference for their own "tribe" than whites" is pointless, as there are also some people who feel the opposite and I'm sure some knows variations or racial mixing beliefs. There's also people who feel any racial mixing is wrong (as you know personally here). They're largely stupid points though. But if someone doesn't want to date someone of another color/creed/race/whatever; that's fine too, as long as it's just a personal preference and not some pseudo-science racist nonsense.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
1) Valkor wasn't referring to race

2) Your "I guarantee you some folk think it's more okay for blacks to have a preference for their own "tribe" than whites" is pointless, as there are also some people who feel the opposite and I'm sure some knows variations or racial mixing beliefs. There's also people who feel any racial mixing is wrong (as you know personally here). They're largely stupid points though. But if someone doesn't want to date someone of another color/creed/race/whatever; that's fine too, as long as it's just a personal preference and not some pseudo-science racist nonsense.

Rob are you gonna pretend a black guy saying "I only wanna date other blacks" would receive the same scrutiny as a white guy saying "I won't date outside my race"?

Cuz brah, for real...brah, I got a bridge to sell, it's magic. PM me if you're interested. It's a yuge magic bridge, yuge. PM me I'll make you a great deal.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:29 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Nice! He whined about nationalism and then caved to his people cuz they wanted him to look out for the country first instead of being a weasel.

Doesn't that make you smile a little bit?

The riots were about tax rises and fuel costs. None of it was motivated by nationalism in the sense that it wasn't about promoting french citizens over non french citizens. It was more about class than anything else. Improving the conditions of the working class regardless of race or citizenship. The only thing you could regard as it being about nationalism is that it was against Macron's government which is a pro-globalist one.

But yes the yellow vest movement is a positive in my eyes even if some of its methods are dubious and some of its outcomes tragic

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:43 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote