KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

I've been thinking, both George Washington and Lincoln were Cricketers, Trump isn't.

Could this decline in quality of President over the last few hundred years be down to Cricket?

Is Cricket what America needs to be great again?

Some History, cricket is played around the world by numbers worldwide, it's popularity is second only to real football or Soccer a game played by commoners.

in the country.[14]

It may have been during the Civil War that baseball secured its place as America's game.[14] An army making a brief stop at a location could easily organise a game of baseball on almost any clear patch of ground, whilst cricket required a carefully prepared pitch. Baseball began to poach players and administrators from the world of cricket. Nick Young, who served for 25 years as the president of the National League, was originally a successful cricketer. It was not until the Civil War that he took up baseball because "it looked like cricket for which his soul thirsted."[15] It has been suggested that the fast-paced quick play of baseball was more appealing to Americans than the technical slower game of cricket.[14] This natural tendency toward baseball was compounded by terrible American defeats at the hands of a traveling English side in 1859, which may have caused Americans to think that they would never be successful at this English game.[16] By the end of the Civil War, most cricket fans had given up their hopes of broad-based support for the game. Baseball filled the role of the "people's game" and cricket became an amateur game for gentlemen.[14][17]

Is Cricket what America needs?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 09:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Nope.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Sports just breeds toxic masculinity, why would you want to increase it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 10:46 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea
I've been thinking, both George Washington and Lincoln were Cricketers, Trump isn't.

Could this decline in quality of President over the last few hundred years be down to Cricket?

Some History, cricket is played around the world by numbers worldwide, it's popularity is second only to real football or Soccer a game played by commoners.

in the country.[14]

It may have been during the Civil War that baseball secured its place as America's game.[14] An army making a brief stop at a location could easily organise a game of baseball on almost any clear patch of ground, whilst cricket required a carefully prepared pitch. Baseball began to poach players and administrators from the world of cricket. Nick Young, who served for 25 years as the president of the National League, was originally a successful cricketer. It was not until the Civil War that he took up baseball because "it looked like cricket for which his soul thirsted."[15] It has been suggested that the fast-paced quick play of baseball was more appealing to Americans than the technical slower game of cricket.[14] This natural tendency toward baseball was compounded by terrible American defeats at the hands of a traveling English side in 1859, which may have caused Americans to think that they would never be successful at this English game.[16] By the end of the Civil War, most cricket fans had given up their hopes of broad-based support for the game. Baseball filled the role of the "people's game" and cricket became an amateur game for gentlemen.[14][17]

Bro why do you continue to do this, we get it, you dont like America, you dont like people on the right, you think we are all a bunch of crackers, even though white yourself and generally just awful people.

Why keep posting bait like this? We both know this thread serves no purpose other then to bait, no cricket is not what did or did not cause whatever imaginary problem you with it did.

Why keep doing this, I'm seriously leaving again after this latest one because it's just become obsessive.

Ill be back in 6 months to see if you guys can quit the nonsense and make some actual legitimate posts

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 10:47 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Imagine being from a country arresting 9 people a day for online hate speech and yet hating America. Lol.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 10:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Silent Master
Sports just breeds toxic masculinity, why would you want to increase it?

I actually think Putinbot is woke enough to recognize that there's a legit component to socialization in the male gender role that promotes competitiveness within a framework of rules so that boys and men are socially adapted to managing their aggressive and competitive instincts within a framework of discipline.

As opposed to being one of the gender ideologues who think boys should be socialized like girls.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 12:04 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I actually think Putinbot is woke enough to recognize that there's a legit component to socialization in the male gender role that promotes competitiveness within a framework of rules so that boys and men are socially adapted to managing their aggressive and competitive instincts within a framework of discipline.

As opposed to being one of the gender ideologues who think boys should be socialized like girls.

You gotta appreciate how he goes from crying about incels to going "is cricket the answer?" lol.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 12:06 AM
Stoic
Avenger

It was the women that wanted all of the pie while doing little of the work. For instance a fictional women of 4'11" applies for the Machinist position, gets it, then expects for her co-workers to do the heavy lifting because chilvalry is awesome when, and only when it works in her favor, because when it doesn't, it then becomes a man's job while expecting to be paid the same as the fictional 5'10" male that has no problem doing the heavy lifting to complete the task.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 01:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Re: Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

in the country.[14]

nah we just need legal weed. ever see an entire population of a riled superpower just suddenly chill the f*ck out? stay tuned.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 01:59 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Re: Re: Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nah we just need legal weed. ever see an entire population of a riled superpower just suddenly chill the f*ck out? stay tuned.

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:03 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Wow, I just realised that the biggest scumbag on the face of the planet could be elected if all they did was promise to legalize pot consumption. It's pretty silly if you think on it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:14 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Re: Re: Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

preach on. Laws in passed Massachusetts. A cpl months ago NETA the first store in the state to get a licence to sell to adults without a prescription is 25 min from my house. big grin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:47 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i know. i'm smoking some of it right now. went to mass a couple of weeks ago

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 26th, 2019 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:49 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Stoic
Wow, I just realised that the biggest scumbag on the face of the planet could be elected if all they did was promise to legalize pot consumption. It's pretty silly if you think on it.

funny i was thinking it's literally the only positive thing trump can do to please a large body of his supporters without starting up a holocaust or stripping others of their rights. wonder if he'll do it as some last olive branch before he gets his orange jumpsuit.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:51 AM
Raptor22

smokin'

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:54 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't know shit about Cricket. But I really wish the US would drop its love-affair with NFL "football" and get onto proper football like 99% of the world is.

If not, rugby will work as well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 03:09 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 03:12 AM
Flyattractor

The Only Guy who Ever Made CRICKET look "Cool".

(please log in to view the image)

Now who is the "DRUG ADDICT"?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 06:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't know shit about Cricket. But I really wish the US would drop its love-affair with NFL "football" and get onto proper football like 99% of the world is.

If not, rugby will work as well.
Rugby works for everyone, it is a truly addictive game to play I played up until I had dropped two levels of team and coming in to work on Monday with black eyes looked too bad at 38. Football (soccer) will always be the best game to watch, the advertising, quarter thing ruins NFL as does the time outs. It's stops the game flowing and actually turns Grid Iron into a dictatorship, which is weird.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 08:20 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People here are never gonna care about soccer or rugby lol. It's just not gonna happen.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 08:25 AM