KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What makes a winner or a loser?

What makes a winner or a loser?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes a winner or a loser?

What makes a loser?

Does it depend on your life stage?
Your Life Chances?
Your Achievements?
As I rapidly approach old age, my granddaughter is six, my eldest son in his early thirties, my youngest from another relationship 14. I'm left wondering, I have a good job, a girlfriend half my age, two failed marriages, 4 children from 2 mothers. I've studied and received degrees from multiple Universities, I have visited 48 countries and lived in 6.

Two of my children are college educated, and one isn't old enough yet.

I can still bench 160Kg + for a few reps,

So, clearly my life is a litany of success and failure, I've never made a marriage work, yet I'm thinking about trying for the third time. I'm even thinking about yet another family.

Are we all winners and losers? Do we have stages in our lives when we are both? Is the only way our success can ever be judged when we are dead?

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jan 29th, 2019 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 08:09 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Off the top of my head, IMO, key elements to being a success, a 'winner', are:

- Have a goal.
- Have the Strength of Will to persevere toward that goal.
- Adaptation: again, SoW, to realize when to let go, to reinvent oneself in the face of failure.
- Self-sacrifice (compassion, perspective): being able to see things from others' PoV, putting their needs over yours when necessary. Ie, what price success if one loses one's basic humanity? ("Above all else, a god needs compassion! Mitchell!!")

The above ingredients will vary depending on one's personality, life stages, and the general Out-Of-Left-Field stuff that Life loves to through at us.

In short: Man plans, God laughs. You can rant about it, or laugh and move on .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgJHe0bC34
(So much easier said than done.)

P.S. Love the new sig

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 10:33 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

A winner is someone who ascends the lobster dominance hierarchy, slays the dragon of chaos, rescues their father from the underworld and brings new life to the dead corpse that was once the civilization of their parents.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 10:38 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What makes a winner or a loser?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
What makes a loser?

Does it depend on your life stage?
Your Life Chances?
Your Achievements?
As I rapidly approach old age, my granddaughter is six, my eldest son in his early thirties, my youngest from another relationship 14. I'm left wondering, I have a good job, a girlfriend half my age, two failed marriages, 4 children from 2 mothers. I've studied and received degrees from multiple Universities, I have visited 48 countries and lived in 6.

Two of my children are college educated, and one isn't old enough yet.

I can still bench 160Kg + for a few reps,

So, clearly my life is a litany of success and failure, I've never made a marriage work, yet I'm thinking about trying for the third time. I'm even thinking about yet another family.

Are we all winners and losers? Do we have stages in our lives when we are both? Is the only way our success can ever be judged when we are dead?

ROFLMAO, pure gold my man.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 03:07 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chuck_Schumer

All that matters is who has power.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 03:11 PM
Chuck_Schumer is currently offline Click here to Send Chuck_Schumer a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck_Schumer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
Off the top of my head, IMO, key elements to being a success, a 'winner', are:

- Have a goal.
- Have the Strength of Will to persevere toward that goal.
- Adaptation: again, SoW, to realize when to let go, to reinvent oneself in the face of failure.
- Self-sacrifice (compassion, perspective): being able to see things from others' PoV, putting their needs over yours when necessary. Ie, what price success if one loses one's basic humanity? ("Above all else, a god needs compassion! Mitchell!!")

The above ingredients will vary depending on one's personality, life stages, and the general Out-Of-Left-Field stuff that Life loves to through at us.

In short: Man plans, God laughs. You can rant about it, or laugh and move on .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgJHe0bC34
(So much easier said than done.)

P.S. Love the new sig
Pretty much my opinion on everything, cheers MS. And yeah, PVS has always made great signs.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 09:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, just being able to do what you want and getting fulfillment from that. It can be a career, it can be having a successful family, but it can be just the ability to afford enough free time and comfort to fulfill your dream about writing a book. In the end if somebody is happy with himself when reviewing his life with full self-honesty, he is a winner.

You have lots of people having careers and money most would envy, but they are unhappy, troubled and sad. Then you have people that have a job and wealth others would consider shitty, but they need only the bare necessities and fulfill their dreams by traveling to the farthest reaches of the world with their friends and you just see they are really happy and love their lifes. So as long as you can do things that make you happy, or at least lead to that, you're a winner.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:29 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Whether or not you're happy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the edgelord nailed it. many successful people are miserable and many working class people are happy, etc, etc. a winner should at least be happy

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:52 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by gold slorg
Honestly, just being able to do what you want and getting fulfillment from that. It can be a career, it can be having a successful family, but it can be just the ability to afford enough free time and comfort to fulfill your dream about writing a book. In the end if somebody is happy with himself when reviewing his life with full self-honesty, he is a winner.

You have lots of people having careers and money most would envy, but they are unhappy, troubled and sad. Then you have people that have a job and wealth others would consider shitty, but they need only the bare necessities and fulfill their dreams by traveling to the farthest reaches of the world with their friends and you just see they are really happy and love their lifes. So as long as you can do things that make you happy, or at least lead to that, you're a winner.

Pretty much this, yeah. ^

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:19 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gold slorg

good post Bart thumb up

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 07:24 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

But what about our contributions to others, for example, I worked in Path for a few years performing tests diagnosing diseases and doing research etc. Are the thousands of lives I've been involved in saving as much service to mankind as a soldier who shot some teenage Afghan? Or are they not equitable?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 09:45 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

You realize humility is the greatest trait of all right?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:04 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You realize humility is the greatest trait of all right?
True, which is why I stated are they not equitable. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:43 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea but bragging about saving thousands of peoples lives isn’t humble. If that’s something you truly beleive you did, posting about it here non chalant is vomit worthy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:58 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Double post

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:02 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea but bragging about saving thousands of peoples lives isn’t humble. If that’s something you truly beleive you did, posting about it here non chalant is vomit worthy.
True it's factual, the Haem. and Eosin stains alone ran at thousands a week from hundreds of different people, then you have the special tests. The studies on Glom nephritis I was involved in, which lead to new treatments. The biopsy testing etc. etc. Thousands seems fair, but like I said it was a day job and something I wanted to do. As at least one bit of work on glom nephritis led to new treatment in the early nineties worldwide, aren't you going to thank me mate? Never know your kidneys might struggle.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:03 PM
dadudemon

Re: What makes a winner or a loser?

Originally posted by Putinbot1
my eldest son in his early thirties,

Oh shit, you're old enough to be my father. That's a weird thought.

I think of you as a pal, not an uncle-figure.

It's a good think I'm American and not Southeastern Chinese where I have to address you with age-specific honorifics and talk to you respectfully, barmy c*nt.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: What makes a winner or a loser?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Oh shit, you're old enough to be my father. That's a weird thought.

I think of you as a pal, not an uncle-figure.

It's a good think I'm American and not Southeastern Chinese where I have to address you with age-specific honorifics and talk to you respectfully, barmy c*nt.

Not hardly, your father was apparently Hitler

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:28 PM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: What makes a winner or a loser?

Not hardly, your father was apparently Hitler

No, I'm literally Hitler. Litler.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote