KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Japan Supreme Court on trans

Japan Supreme Court on trans
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

Japan Supreme Court on trans

How do you guys feel about this? I personally dont like the fact the Government can just do something like this.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 10:53 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems like it is extreme.

I do wonder if hollywood celebrities are gonna boycott Japan now though...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 11:47 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

DaFuq?

JapaNazi? :O

I think the government should change the law if they still have crazy ass laws like that. I get why the Supreme Court upheld it (since they only really interpret the law, not make new laws). It’s freakin 2019..!

Last edited by Nibedicus on Feb 1st, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 11:49 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Japan is the same place where the government told you how many kids you can have though....so I'm not exactly shocked, talk about a country that TRULY wants to control woman's bodies, amirite fellas?!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 11:53 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Japan is the same place where the government told you how many kids you can have though....so I'm not exactly shocked, talk about a country that TRULY wants to control woman's bodies, amirite fellas?!
That's China, if you're referring to the 'one child policy'. I haven't heard of anything similar in Japan, unless I'm mistaken

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:06 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How dare you correct me in public!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:19 PM
Bentley
Seitei

How dare you correct me in public!

I blame reality for trying to contradict you!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*shaking fist in general direction of reality*

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:34 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Your Asianophobia is showing Surt.

shifty

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:38 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Godzilla attacks Asia waaay more than other places. Just saying!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 12:42 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus Christ. I thought Japan was better then this.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be a mistake. They should stand in solidarity behind the people fighting this, not cut all ties to the country. The Supreme Court are not all of Japan.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Hollywood are a fickle bunch. They are the same that say rape is bad, but defend Roman Polanski.

They are the same that will change a film if it offends Clthe Chinese government, so I don’t see them doing anything.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:31 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
That would be a mistake. They should stand in solidarity behind the people fighting this, not cut all ties to the country. The Supreme Court are not all of Japan.

Yeah, but they boycotted North Carolina...or South Carolina, one of the Carolina's, over the bathroom bill. This is sterilization not "you gotta pee pee in the mens room brah".

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This makes me wonder...is it only trans people the Japanese sterilize or are there other mental illnesses that qualify for sterilization?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:53 PM
Adam_PoE

I think the way this issue is being framed is disingenuous.

In Japan, and in many other countries, before one can change the gender marker on his legal documents, such as his driver's license, he must first have sex reassignment surgery.

Sex reassignment surgery involves reconfiguring the genitals in a way that necessarily leaves one sterile.

That is where this notion that the Japanese government requires one to be sterilized comes from.

If you want to argue that the law is antiquated and/or unfair, you are free to do so, but you do not need to mislead people to make your case.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 04:13 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

In Japan, and in many other countries, before one can change the gender marker on his legal documents, such as his driver's license, he must first have sex reassignment surgery.

Sex reassignment surgery involves reconfiguring the genitals in a way that necessarily leaves one sterile.

That is where this notion that the Japanese government requires one to be sterilized comes from.

If you want to argue that the law is antiquated and/or unfair, you are free to do so, but you do not need to mislead people to make your case.

If this is merely a consequence of sex reassignment surgery, then why does it need to be codified into law?

If this law doesn't oppress victims, then what are they fighting about?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 04:16 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looking at it closer, it says "sterilize before having gender changed on official documents."

So in other words, Japan demands that people "go all the way" reassignment surgery, before they allow the change to be recorded? No op, no registration change?

That does sound different then what this thread implies.

Still, lghtq groups seem against this policy. As someone closer to this issue then most here, what do you think, Adam?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 04:28 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

thumb up

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 04:41 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by cdtm
Looking at it closer, it says "sterilize before having gender changed on official documents."

So in other words, Japan demands that people "go all the way" reassignment surgery, before they allow the change to be recorded? No op, no registration change?

That does sound different then what this thread implies.

Still, lghtq groups seem against this policy. As someone closer to this issue then most here, what do you think, Adam?

I think there are some legitimate criticisms of the law. Some transgender people do not wish to change their bodies. Others cannot afford to. For those people, it would be unfair to require them to have SRS in order to change their documents.

They would do far better to make those arguments, then to pretend that the government is forcing them into sterilization centers in order to get a new driver's license.

The law itself is not ill-intended, it is just antiquated, or misapplied. It was crafted with transsexuals in mind, at a time when people presumed that all transgender people were transsexual, and that transgender was the new term for transsexual.

The law is not keeping pace with social recognition, which is not unique to this situation. Lawmaking is deliberative process that is slow and takes time. Social change happens much faster. And in this instance, the law is outdated, but it is not malicious. And you do a disservice to your argument by overstating the case.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 04:41 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote