KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Divorce and the Silver Bullet

Divorce and the Silver Bullet
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

Divorce and the Silver Bullet

https://quillette.com/2019/04/16/di...-silver-bullet/

Pretty sombering but enlightening read. As divorce rates increase, children must come first.

I’m trying to compile similar statistics for Canada but unfortunately we kind of suck at collecting data from our population....

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 05:28 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 07:48 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Give me the TLDR. "Divorce sucks for dudes"?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 07:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Give me the TLDR. "Divorce sucks for dudes"?
I'll be honest, both divorces I had were great. I paid them to go away, lovely.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 08:16 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thry do claim a good confidence rating on low bias. The category seems to come more from some of their headlines like "toxic femininity" and "privilege vs paranoia".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Thry do claim a good confidence rating on low bias. The category seems to come more from some of their headlines like "toxic femininity" and "privilege vs paranoia".
and laguage used in the body of text etc.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:36 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

On divorces in general, I wonder if unrealistic standards and expectations are partially to blame for younger generations divorcing so often?

The old guard that managed to keep it together for 60+ years of marriage, were tempered by things like major wars, prohibition, depressions, social upheavals. So when the inevitable fights happened, they could just absorb it and move on.

Compare with the biggest concerns of people today. Everyone wants what's owed them, and they want it yesterday.

At least, that's been my experiences. I've had good friends turn down good jobs because they wanted a window, or insisted on an unrealistically high pay at a Fortune 500 company out of college.

Seen a few others divorce over literally nothing. One of them wanted to relax and play some games after work, the other wanted to snuggle and watch tv. Not much room for negotiation when they want vastly different things (And just accepting the loss? Hah.) So divorce.

The point of this ramble, is I don't see a quality in many people, that older couples seemed to have: The ability to just put up with whatever's bothering them and move on, instead of fighting it out about every little thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 01:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'll be honest, both divorces I had were great. I paid them to go away, lovely.

Mine was great, too. We still talk and take care of each other when possible. No reason to be mean just because love is lost.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 02:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Mine was great, too. We still talk and take care of each other when possible. No reason to be mean just because love is lost.
Absolutely, I still talk to both they are the mothers of my kids.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 02:09 PM