KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » ...

Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

To find the critical resolved shear stress for a single crystal of a hypothetical alloy, you take the slip direction, the slip plane, and the direction of tensile stress.

You calculate the angle between the direction of tensile stress, and the slip direction, and also the angle between the direction of tensile stress and the direction perpendicular to the slip plane.

You take the cosines of both of those angles, multiply them together, and multiply them by the magnitude of the tensile stress, and boom, you have the critical resolved shear stress for the crystal of this hypothetical alloy.

You're welcome.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 02:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember that from Inorganic Chemistry. Haha, good stuff. thumb up I would never have thought of it again in. my life - probably.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 02:43 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ah for me it's my materials engineering class

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 02:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Haha, lot's of crossover always between those two. A lot of materials engineering is applied Chemistry.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 02:51 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Mechanical engineering?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 10:32 PM
TheIndyJedi is currently offline Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yep

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 10:56 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very interesting stuff DMB.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 11:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What's the sheer stress for Carbonadium, DMB (aka Samwell)?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 11:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

This is why I'm an accountant now. DMB, I'd like to officially become your personal b!tch.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 11:38 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Shadowpoint did it better

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 11:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've come across this stuff when I was studying metallurgy books for fun kek

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 02:48 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Yep

How difficult is it to get into engineering Colleges in US?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 11:40 AM
TheIndyJedi is currently offline Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Re: ...

To find the critical resolved shear stress for a single crystal of a hypothetical alloy, you take the slip direction, the slip plane, and the direction of tensile stress.

You calculate the angle between the direction of tensile stress, and the slip direction, and also the angle between the direction of tensile stress and the direction perpendicular to the slip plane.

You take the cosines of both of those angles, multiply them together, and multiply them by the magnitude of the tensile stress, and boom, you have the critical resolved shear stress for the crystal of this hypothetical alloy.

You're welcome.

Cheers, this has been driving me nuts for weeks.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:51 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote