KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » My problem.with Greta Thunberg.

My problem.with Greta Thunberg.
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

My problem.with Greta Thunberg.

As everyone knows, I am a believer in man made global warming, we are heading towards desertification and worse. It is an issue and is happening in my opinion based on facts. However, Greta Thunberg is an incredibly unfortunate spokesperson for my side, her autism and behaviour isn't a good look. I have nothing against autistic kids we've had them on this board Darth Skywalker 0 springs to mind. To be honest I said the same about him, they have no life experience and at that age you feel strongly about things for a short time, you try ideas on, to see how they fit for you. The Elephant in the room is she may or may not be being used, she certainly shouldn't be a sacred cow and tbh, who wants to hear from a kid with issues that is loving the spotlight. Her views are right, but she is so wrong.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 08:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I disagree with all of the above, except for the sacred cow bit

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:04 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

i mean, let's be honest - you don't get to become the speaker on the UN and political spokesperson at 16 just because you try hard; it's obvious she's connected to people who are connected to people etc.

using children for this kind of thing is just disgusting and wrong, and is used for populist emotion-inducing dramas. as somebody who's totally supporting the fight against climate destruction, i'm really sad an autistic child is used by my side

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:11 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never seen/heard her speak, so can't comment.

In fact, I don't think I knew anything much about her until Trump tried to troll her and his cultist frothed up on command.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ Bash, fair enough mate,
@GS, I think we are on the same page
@Rob, I just don't think she's all there tbh, Greta Thunberg condemns world leaders in emotional speech at UN

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...AndroidApp_Copy

She is DarthSkywalker0, Elimist etc on a global scale.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:26 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So you're saying she just needs to get laid to sort herself out...

#gotem

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
So you're saying she just needs to get laid to sort herself out...

#gotem
haha... not exactly, she's swedish and 16, I thought all swedish girls had lost it by then.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:34 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Putinbot1
haha... not exactly, she's swedish and 16, I thought all swedish girls had lost it by then.
I haven't been to Sweden in a little while, get off my back.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How was Astner's butthole?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:39 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Greta and Trump should have a battle royale

Greta with Mjölnir transforming into Thur.

Trump can Hulk up or have an IM suit or something.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 10:14 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

She’s a raging autist alright.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 10:18 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

That little girl isn't the first little girl to do this.

There have been others and there will most definitely be more.

#Propaganda

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 10:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gold slorg
i mean, let's be honest - you don't get to become the speaker on the UN and political spokesperson at 16 just because you try hard; it's obvious she's connected to people who are connected to people etc.

using children for this kind of thing is just disgusting and wrong, and is used for populist emotion-inducing dramas. as somebody who's totally supporting the fight against climate destruction, i'm really sad an autistic child is used by my side

Spot-on. thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 11:11 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Never seen/heard her speak, so can't comment.

In fact, I don't think I knew anything much about her until Trump tried to troll her and his cultist frothed up on command.

Heh.. nah, Trump didn't troll her... the petulant little brat trolled the world with her ignorance. thumb up

A sixteen year old kid shouldn't be speaking at the UN for Christ sake and she shouldn't be given such a huge platform to lecture the world on something she knows nothing about. Those things she was saying she didn't come up with on her own. Her parents or teachers or whatever put those crazy things in her impressionable little head. She's been indoctrinated, not educated.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 27th, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 11:13 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

She's passionate about environmentalism and has been given the opportunity to share her concerns about the future of the planet, as well as her grievances with both government and corporate lax environmental regulations, on the world stage. That's pretty f*cking admirable, especially for someone as young as she.

I'm more annoyed by childish adults who think their deity of choice will bless them with whatever they need, believe or act like natural resources are unlimited, don't give a f*ck about what they pass on to younger and future generations, and make time out of their mundane lives to mock a child for trying to make a positive impact on the world.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 12:43 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

My problem is that implicitly we're supposed to take children such as her and the Parkland students seriously in politics... but we're not allowed to criticize them because they're just kids. It seems more like she's being used as a propaganda tool and shield from criticism.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 01:06 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Criticizing her arguments or the things she says is fine (so is criticizing people using her to emotionally manipulate the public), attacking a literal child like that retard Star is doing up there is dipshit redneck behavior.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 01:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Do you really believe they're her arguments rather than the arguments she's been given by the adults around her?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 01:30 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you really believe they're her arguments rather than the arguments she's been given by the adults around her?
Go on

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 01:34 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Emperordmb
My problem is that implicitly we're supposed to take children such as her and the Parkland students seriously in politics... but we're not allowed to criticize them because they're just kids. It seems more like she's being used as a propaganda tool and shield from criticism.

Or, they are invested in finding a solution and are using the amount of attention they're receiving in the moment to push for change. That doesn't mean they're right about everything, but the most important parts of their messages either cite research data from experts, or point to successful models.

The typical dismissals are pathetic.

For example:

Parkland survivors: "[We should ban these types of weapons. They're prohibited from civilian use in Australia and these other countries, and they have very few, if any, mass shootings.]"

Murican A: "No! 2nd Amendment! Some bullshit about protection against criminals and a tyrannical government!"

Murican B: "Well, maybe, but that'll never work here. Our cultures are far too different, so we shouldn't try it at all."

Murican C: "I like guns! Guns are cool! I like guns and I feel really cool when I have a gun!"

Murican D: "Even if you take away guns, people will just find other shit to kill each other with. By the way, wasn't there a knife attack a couple of months ago?"

Greta Thunberg: "[My generation and future generations are f*cked unless we heed the warnings from the scientific community and make major changes to our way of living and our means of production.]"

Murican A: "She's a puppet of the left! She's spreading propaganda and fear-mongering!"

Murican B: "Well, maybe, but I'll be dead by then, so I don't care."

Murican C: " I like meat! Meat is good! I like meat and I feel really good when I eat meat!"

Murican D: "That sounds inconvenient, so I'd rather not. By the way, where are her parents? Shouldn't she be in school?"

Last edited by Eternal Idol on Sep 28th, 2019 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 02:17 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote