KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US diplomat killing people protected by the US

US diplomat killing people protected by the US
Started by: gold slorg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

US diplomat killing people protected by the US

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harry-...day-2019-10-07/

this is insanely outrageous, i'm outright mad as hell, i sincerely hope the UK will not let this scum go away with it

since Johnson never really cared for more hardcore politics, I hope they will kick the US embassy from the country if this scum isn't returned

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 04:45 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had always thought diplomatic immunity didn't apply to serious crimes.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 04:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

same, it's outrageous, especially since the US courts could say she comes back to face what she's done, it's insane

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 04:54 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it still could be true...she was driving the wrong way down the street and hit and killed someone. You wouldn't be charged with murder for that.

If she'd just went up and shot a girl I doubt she'd have been allowed to leave.

Not even gonna comment on the british person driving the wrong way, too easy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 04:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-ne...ritain-20532715

US spy wife who fled Britain after crash that killed teen has driving conviction

EXCLUSIVE: Anne Sacoolas,, who allegedly knocked Harry Dunn, 19, off his bike near RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire, was fined years previously in Virginia, US, for "failure to pay full time and attention"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 12:26 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I had always thought diplomatic immunity didn't apply to serious crimes.

You would think so wouldn't you? I agree it wouldn't make much sense to be immune from prosecution after, for example, you murdered a half-dozen people in front of a hundred witnesses and was only deported as a punishment.

I know in the movies (at least the ones I've seen) diplomats are totally immune no matter the crime; it would be f***ed-up if it's the same IRL.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 12:35 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: US diplomat killing people protected by the US

Pretty sure diplomatic immunity does apply to virtually everything. Of course, in a horrific case, I'd expect many countries would waive immunity or the country where the crime was committed would detain the person regardless.

Originally posted by gold slorg
since Johnson never really cared for more hardcore politics, I hope they will kick the US embassy from the country if this scum isn't returned

You would have to be brain dead to think this is a good idea.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 12:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

It does apply to everything, and for good reason.

Look up the Dikko affair. The US action, and consequences of said action, is exactly why we have diplomatic immunity.

In short, because if we don't respect their people, they won't respect our people. That guy you prosecuted for murder, now results in an execution of several of our engineers abroad for trumped up charges.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 01:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

"No, I have no plans to leave."

Hey, maybe she really didn't, and changed her mind? eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 03:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

These Officers Need Her

The Family Liason Officers
The Investigating Officers
The Disclosure Officer
The Coroner's Officer
The Review Officer

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 05:19 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Pretty sure diplomatic immunity does apply to virtually everything. Of course, in a horrific case, I'd expect many countries would waive immunity or the country where the crime was committed would detain the person regardless.

You would have to be brain dead to think this is a good idea.
it does apply to pretty much anything. Trust me on this.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:01 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Putinbot1
it does apply to pretty much anything. Trust me on this.

Only as far as the host country accepts the risks of violating such, is worth more then adhering to it.

Logically speaking.

I'd imagine if a diplomat assassinated a high ranking politician, a country refusing to waive immunity would be treated as an act of war.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like whoever decided diplomatic immunity should allow one to get away with anything should be stabbed in the leg by someone with diplomatic immunity.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:10 PM
cdtm

I feel like whoever decided diplomatic immunity should allow one to get away with anything should be stabbed in the leg by someone with diplomatic immunity.

You've got to look at the big picture.

You're not protecting the diplomat. You're protecting OUR diplomats (And citizens abroad.)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't wanna protect our diplomats from murder.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by gold slorg
same, it's outrageous, especially since the US courts could say she comes back to face what she's done, it's insane
It seems Johnson called Trump and requested Trump waive Sacoolas' political immunity, so the UK can handle the matter internally, Trump declined and said Sacoolas would be 'spoken to'.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't wanna protect our diplomats from murder.

And we shouldn't.

But if we put someone elses diplomat through our system, without their permission first, then they'll take our perfectly innocent diplomats and citizens in their country, and run them through their system, often on made up charges.

We know this, because that's exactly what happened when Britian tried and convicted a diplomat of kidnapping. Several of their engineers were arrested on trumped up charges in retaliation, and sentenced to 20-30 years.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 12:15 AM