KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » If I was president

If I was president
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

If I was president

I'd be like Andrew Jackson, minus the Trail of Tears.

Breaking the back of central banks is a GOOD thing. Maybe I'd dump the dollar and make Bitcoin or some other crypto currency the new national standard.

Post how you'd run things, and go with your gut. I want to see what's in one's heart, and not distilled and diluted through cold meticulous thought and facts.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 01:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Major Political Positions

Immigration Reform:

Path to Citizenship:

1. Pass the written and an oral test (disability alternatives will be offered where necessary).
2. Get 2 referrals: 1 from a US Citizen in good-standing and one from their local (US)) constabulary/police department. The second one takes care of the non-violent history check, too. It should also register them in the Law Enforcement system (fingerprinting).
3. Demonstrate that they've paid federal taxes for at least a year.

Anyone who can demonstrate that they've paid taxes for 3 or more consecutive years automatically would earn permanent residence status under my immigration system. I want net-positive tax payers in my country. They are positive contributors and deserve to be here.

I would also offer a direct family option for the new permanent residents and new citizens. They'd have to take DNA tests to prove the relationship. This option can be waived if they can demonstrate, from their originating country, the following (one or more conditions must be met):

1. The child or relative was legally adopted/in care of in the country of origin and the US recognizes the sovereignty/government of that nation.
2. Bringing this family member to the US, under their care, will not represent an economic hardship on the permanent resident - after bringing the person to the US, the household income will be greater than or equal to 5 times the federal poverty level.
3. Medical necessity can be demonstrated by an accredited/licensed medical or mental health professional.
4. The US has formally recognized (a)the country of origin, (b)situation, (c)status (religious, gender, sex, etc.) as situationally refugee-granting.
5. That the permanent resident or citizen must be cared for (the reverse relationship of 3) by the person(s) from the country of origin.

General Government Reform:

1. Dissolve the DEA.
2. Dissolve the DHS.
3. End all foreign wars.
4. Cut the "defense" budget in half.
5. Implement medicare for all (one method which was rather brilliant: the less costly but more often used services will have a greater patient-share responsibility under the plan to reduce the costs of the program so it is not as expensive as Bernie's option).
6. Start testing Universal Basic Income programs. Set the base payout at $1,500 a month and then adjust those numbers to fit the governments per diem schedule for cost of living. Cheyenne would pay close to $1,500 but NYC would pay much more, for example.
7. Implement the Fair Tax (which has a UBI provision already built into it which...actually...is rather brilliant and the research done on it would keep the tad burdens, by income, relatively similar to what it is now... contrary to the naysayers stating it would have a disproportionate impact on the middle class).
8. Invest heavily into NASA and science based programs - sponsorship for programs.
9. Anti-Corruption Initiatives:
-Make it illegal for politicians to take money from lobbyists.
-Ban lobbyist bundling.
-Close the revolving doors for lobbyists and politicians (where they move from one to the other or do that for their family, friends, and business associates).
-Prevent politicians from fundraising during working hours.
-Require political money/donations be immediately disclosed online.
-Stop donors from hiding behind secret-money groups.
-End gerrymandering.
-Let all voters participate in open primaries.
-Implement ranked-choice voting.
-Automatic voter registration through various methods and means.
-A vote at home or at the polls system.
-Make every vote count in presidential elections - eliminate the electoral college. Not sure how this should be matured as an idea.
-Change how elections are funded - allow voters to make small publicly funded donations.
-Crack down on super PACs.
-Eliminate lobbyist loopholes - update definitions of "lobbyist" to fix some existing loopholes. Clearer penalties on lobbyists who violate rules.
-Strengthen anti-corruption enforcement - overhaul election commission powers, increase penalties for violations.

Here's some context for 9:

https://anticorruptionact.org/whats-in-the-act/

10. End the Drug War.
11. Release all non-violent drug offenders from jail and prison.
12. As part of 5, implement drug rehab programs.
13. Implement better federal gun controls, across the board, the establishes minimum standards for gun regulation:
-Hearty Background Checks
-Hearty Conceal Carry Licensing requirements.
-Child Access Prevention requirements (and steep fines for violations - too many children accidentally kill themselves with guns each year and this is not okay).
-Domestic Violence (and just plain violence which would be covered in a) - denials on gun purchases if it meets certain DV criteria. Such as convictions or pending criminal cases. If acquitted of charges, then that should not stop people.
Extreme Risk Denials (part of “A”...somewhat. But mental health should be more the focus in this category).
14. Government Spending Oversight Committee. Should be formed and governed by both elected government officials and private citizens.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 03:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

*Were I President

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 07:02 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Why would you want to dissolve the DEA?

Or end the war on drugs?

Have you ever seen what opiates and methamphetamine do to people?

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Last edited by Stringer on Dec 21st, 2019 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 09:13 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
*Were I President

I'm not arguing with Olive Oil, and risk the wrath of Popeye.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 09:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Stringer
Why would you want to dissolve the DEA?

Or end the war on drugs?

Have you ever seen what opiates and methamphetamine do to people?

Further reading on the drug war:

Nixon on the war on drugs: http://bit.ly/1QRJcZ7

The Balloon Effect explained: http://bit.ly/1SfnP3b

The Economics Behind War on Drugs: http://bit.ly/1VOJiPk

Black Kids get more often arrested for drug offenses: http://brook.gs/1ppiPH6 & http://bit.ly/1kJs83H

World Drug Report: http://bit.ly/1QY97NU

Global supply of drugs: http://bit.ly/1OLXq6u

Four pillars drug strategy: http://bit.ly/1Qkhh0y

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 10:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lot of good stuff DDM mentioned. I'd be on board with that platform I think.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 11:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Well I guess it’ll be easy for a foreign countries to invade the US when most of the population will be addicted to drugs. 👍

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 11:34 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Can’t even edit my own post. Anyway...

Originally posted by Impediment
*Were I President

Why embarrass him? Just change it for him if it seemed to bother you so much, Mr. Mod ?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 11:38 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Stringer
Well I guess it’ll be easy for a foreign countries to invade the US when most of the population will be addicted to drugs. 👍

Exactly. We are super weak right now with our drug problems and harmful drug war, as covered in the video and cited in the links. Very glad you're on board.

We should dissolve the DEA 100% for sure, end the drug war, and end the drug prohibition. Then fight the drug problem from the "demand side" through health-focused initiatives that have decades of science (medical science) to back up the effectiveness that lowers all areas of harm from drugs problems.

smile

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 01:42 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Lot of good stuff DDM mentioned. I'd be on board with that platform I think.

Nice.

What I like about the list is it combines increased freedom with increased no-nonsense regulations. Something people like to say is impossible (but it is not).

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 01:44 AM
NemeBro

I'd be elected on Friday
Assassinated on Saturday
Buried on Sunday

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 02:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Kill yourself

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:27 AM
Badabing
Karen

I would get rid of Wednesdays. That is a useless day.

I would outlaw political correctness. My heart goes out to anyone with a disability, but WTF is handi-capable? That makes no sense.

Rhode Island would no longer be a state. It's barely big enough to be a county.

Identity politics would be outlawed.

Lord Trump would be added to Mount Rushmore.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:41 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Make myself into a God and be worship by all. You refuse, you die!

Have a grand battle royal of races, whoever wins become my chosen ones.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 06:46 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didnt he buy a big ball of cheese?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 07:51 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I would, absolutely and as a matter of policy, ignore public unrest.

The reason is because I'm of the belief that America is no longer capable of serious, damaging riots, like the Arab Spring. The population is too beaten down and manipulated, with no real leadership to speak of.

So Glaad, Antifa, the NRA, the stupid conservative organizations like Heritage or whatever, the various activist groups and protected classes, and ESPECIALLY representatives of both major parties, would get nothing from me by my bare rear end.

Honestly, I would not do any of this out of convictions or trolling. Only idle curiosity. I want to see how far Americans can be pushed, and what would happen if they got pushed all the way.

I'd be HAPPY to see a real revolution happen, but I just don't think we have it in us anymore.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 01:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
I would, absolutely and as a matter of policy, ignore public unrest.

The reason is because I'm of the belief that America is no longer capable of serious, damaging riots, like the Arab Spring. The population is too beaten down and manipulated, with no real leadership to speak of.

So Glaad, Antifa, the NRA, the stupid conservative organizations like Heritage or whatever, the various activist groups and protected classes, and ESPECIALLY representatives of both major parties, would get nothing from me by my bare rear end.

Honestly, I would not do any of this out of convictions or trolling. Only idle curiosity. I want to see how far Americans can be pushed, and what would happen if they got pushed all the way.

I'd be HAPPY to see a real revolution happen, but I just don't think we have it in us anymore.

Considering what usually happens to those in charge when a revolution happens...you probably won't want one to happen if you become president.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 01:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
Considering what usually happens to those in charge when a revolution happens...you probably won't want one to happen if you become president.

Never happen. Not in America.

I've been studying up on revolutions. Turns out most of them require a lot of young people. Many more then older folks.

America has an aging population, so.. Angry letters or tweets are all I'll need fear.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 01:51 PM
Impediment
Endless

“The Oval Office carpet is thick with Presidential semen. They look out of the window and think "I own you all" and jack off like ugly apes in humping season. It's what they live for. No one who wants that is to be trusted. Why can't you all see that?” -Spider Jerusalem

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 01:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote