KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

What do you think of Project Veritas, really?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

This is the sting that made their name:

https://www.projectveritas.com/investigation/acorn/

Since then, it's been revealed they're not above selectively editing their videos.

I'm not sure I trust them entirely. On the other hand, you get the occasional sound bite that no amount of context could justify.

What I get from this, is that the media industry is a VERY dirty business, and O'Keefe is probably as dirty as any of them.

This is worrysome, since ideally, you want the people you side with to police their own at best. Or you want an unbiased watchdog group with the integrity, clout, and connections to keep everyone honest, at worst.

Seems we have neither of those.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like one can't run their mouth about Veritas and then fully trust places like CNN or MSNBC, that is a fact Jack.

I feel Veritas does good work. Of course be skeptical of it all, but still it is not wise to dismiss it outright.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course Veritas is about a billion times more credible than CNN and MSNBC but then, that's not really sayin' much is it? LOL.

No, but really, the people who are a part of Veritas are actual heroes. thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:08 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

So they tried to plant a story in a newspaper but got found out. Edited videos in order to deceive people and got found out. Broke into a politicians office and got caught and arrested. Tried to seduce a TV reporter with the hope of filming it.

That O'Keefe guy doesn't exactly do himself any favours, does he?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:18 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So they tried to plant a story in a newspaper but got found out. Edited videos in order to deceive people and got found out. Broke into a politicians office and got caught and arrested. Tried to seduce a TV reporter with the hope of filming it.

No more favors than cnn,MSNBC, correct!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

nope, but trumpers choose to forget all that "fake news", because their feelings matter a lot

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

His ethics are non existent.

That doesn't change the fact there's no way he could make up some of the things people have said, like in that Acorn example. "Yeah, tell those kiddies being trafficked to keep their mouths shut."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

@surt I'm sure you'll start a thread about it. In the meantime let's try and keep one thread on topic for at least 1 page.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:24 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't need to start a thread nobody has been sad enough to disagree. I won't be starting a "water is wet"thread either

And given your lack of consistency in calling out off topic posts my advice is: dont

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

@surt I'm sure you'll start a thread about it. In the meantime let's try and keep one thread on topic for at least 1 page.

awww let the baby derail the thread and have his way

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kids just say the word we will make this about your hypocrisy. Or we can move on

Some advice if you aren't hypocrites: move on

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:29 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
awww let the baby derail the thread and have his way

Like when he lets you derail threads?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't need to start a thread nobody has been sad enough to disagree. I won't be starting a "water is wet"thread either

And given your lack of consistency in calling out off topic posts my advice is: dont

Calling it out in literally every single thread would take a lot of time. Maybe you could do it on my behalf seeing as you're here more than me.

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Calling it out in literally every single thread would take a lot of time. Maybe you could do it on my behalf seeing as you're here more than me.

Thanks.

Yeah bro u just post often enough to only talk about the other side doing it. Believable.

And do not worry kiddo I will indeed call out the hypocrisy

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:39 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Silent Master
Like when he lets you derail threads?

only when my back hurts and I haven't slept well

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:39 PM
Silent Master

Thanks.

So you admit that bash does it so often that it'd take all your free time to call him out?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol. That excuse makes more sense than lying and claiming to never see it

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:49 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah bro u just post often enough to only talk about the other side doing it. Believable.

And do not worry kiddo I will indeed call out the hypocrisy

"The other side". Lol. I don't watch CNN or MSNBC and only know about the things Project Veritas have done by reading about them to reply to this thread

In your mind I have sides when it comes to them.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I believe you

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:52 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Silent Master
So you admit that bash does it so often that it'd take all your free time to call him out?

And you
And Surt
And Rob

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:52 PM