KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (130): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tru-marvell

No words can express my feelings right now....

Another person literally choked to death by cop(s)
The fact that his pos kept his knee on his neck long after the suspect stopped moving....just omg!

https://www.tmz.com/

Old Post May 26th, 2020 01:17 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It's just a link to TMZ.

But, yes, death-by-cop for almost any reason is a bad outcome. The worst of all being poor judgment by the police or angry baby psychopath polices who just want to kill people.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 02:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

It's horrible. The militarization of police needs to be reversed. They need significant training how to handle situations in non-violent ways, particularly with mentally handicapped people, as well as how to counteract racial biases one may have going into or develop on the job. Ideally police should be from the neighborhoods they are assigned to, and be able to build a relationship with the people they are meant to help. Also the glorification of the violent aspects of police is worrying, things like the "badass" vigilante cop in movies.

It's only one aspect, of course, there's much more wrong with the system, criminal justice reform is one of the most important social issue in America, imo.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 03:30 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Sorry about that....you'd have to scroll down a few frames to get the video....

Old Post May 26th, 2020 06:12 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Artol
It's horrible. The militarization of police needs to be reversed. They need significant training how to handle situations in non-violent ways, particularly with mentally handicapped people, as well as how to counteract racial biases one may have going into or develop on the job.

I saw a video of an old lady being issued a traffic ticket by a cop. She got very upset. Clearly a "Karen." But the sticking point was she refused to sign the paper he handed her. In most cities, you sign the paper to acknowledge receipt of the citation, not admit guilt. If you refuse to sign, you have technically broken the law and you can be arrested. The traffic ticket thing is the "gentlemen's way" of avoiding having to arrest every single person from violating simple statutes.

Anyway, he ended up tazing her and bruising her for "running."

I read an alternative view from how European police would have handled it. No physical confrontation, just a citation. No need for physical confrontation. You'll get steeper fines and court dates and it could eventually lead up to police visiting your home, arresting you, and forcing you before the judge. But my take away is there is a completely non-physical way to address this scenario. After the angry old lady drove off, she would have cooled off and likely just paid her fine and moved on.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 06:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I can't bring myself to watch another fascist cop/vigilante snuff video. there's been too many. let's just wait for the resident KeKlord badge-bunnies to assure us all how the victim was "no angel"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 07:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Calm down little buddy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 07:09 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Cops abusing black men ( Justice for Floyd)

So by now we all know the tragic murder of George Floyd in Minnesota. What are your thoughts? I myself am not an African woman but this hurts me. I feel police abuse is too much.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 06:49 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Police empowerment is clearly going to certain individuals heads, therefore illustrating the very acts of atrocity you see before you. It isn’t right and it is not just.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 06:51 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

It ensickens me because I've been in situations where I feel like that's going to happen to me. I'll take longer roads home if it diverts me from an area where cops are tyrants

Old Post May 27th, 2020 06:57 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Re: Cops abusing black men ( Justice for Floyd)

Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
So by now we all know the tragic murder of George Floyd in Minnesota. What are your thoughts? I myself am not an African woman but this hurts me. I feel police abuse is too much.
Sorry for the typo it's Minneapolis

Old Post May 27th, 2020 07:18 AM
dadudemon

Thousands march to protest George Floyd's death:

https://www.startribune.com/rubber-...eath/570786992/

I also found at that George Floyd died because of the Drug War. He was being arrested for something-something-I-don't-give-a-shit drugs related. Another victim of the Drug War.

FFS, decriminalize all drugs. We have plenty of science to support decriminalization policies.

Also, if this many people would rise up and protest every single time a black man died to unnecessary violence, young black men would stop dying all the time and black people would rule this nation.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:15 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw a video of an old lady being issued a traffic ticket by a cop. She got very upset. Clearly a "Karen." But the sticking point was she refused to sign the paper he handed her. In most cities, you sign the paper to acknowledge receipt of the citation, not admit guilt. If you refuse to sign, you have technically broken the law and you can be arrested. The traffic ticket thing is the "gentlemen's way" of avoiding having to arrest every single person from violating simple statutes.

Anyway, he ended up tazing her and bruising her for "running."

I read an alternative view from how European police would have handled it. No physical confrontation, just a citation. No need for physical confrontation. You'll get steeper fines and court dates and it could eventually lead up to police visiting your home, arresting you, and forcing you before the judge. But my take away is there is a completely non-physical way to address this scenario. After the angry old lady drove off, she would have cooled off and likely just paid her fine and moved on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm

Yes, that's the one. no expression

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

making people sign a summons on site is complete bullshit.

i was totally on her side until she drove off. good thing she's white or she'd have ended up with 28 bullet holes in her

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:36 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Good thing he tased her. That major threat she was to society.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:41 PM
Silent Master

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i posted a topic directly related to that "sign the ticket or you're under arrest" policy many years ago, except in that case it involved a pregnant black woman, so of course reactions were different.

it's a direct violation of constitutional rights, as signing the ticket is not an acknowledgement of the summons, but rather an instant guilty plea.

pretty sure that "plea guilty right now or you're under arrest" is not lawful, but in many states it is the law regardless

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:51 PM
Silent Master

It's not a guilty plea.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:52 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

in the case of the pregnant black woman being tased, it was. this occurred in washington. the scan of the ticket stated:

"the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:00 PM