KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Racism in Britain

Racism in Britain
Started by: Scribble

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

Racism in Britain

As this seems to be a relevant topic at the moment, I thought I'd make a general thread for it. Then the mods can merge if needs be.

There's a lot of tensions going on here right now. It's getting quite concerning. A lot of back and forths between protestors.

The reason why I find this concerning is Britain's particular history with racial tensions. Whirly could probably elucidate better than I, but the UK has had problems with legitimate far-right & Neo-Nazi activity. 'Nazi Punk' was started in Britain by the racist band Skrewdriver, and the National Front has a long history of violence with many real anti-fascist groups rising to face their violence in the streets.

So what is Britain's future with the current tensions? I'm not sure, but it's ever-unfolding, so any developments that occur can be posted here.

In the news today is this worrying example of escalation:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-a9572836.html

"Child slave’s grave vandalised in apparent revenge attack for Colston statue'"

Really quite upsetting that things are getting to this stage. We all need to keep an eye on these kinds of rising tensions in our own respective countries, and to try to understand why they are unfolding.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 05:36 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
As this seems to be a relevant topic at the moment, I thought I'd make a general thread for it. Then the mods can merge if needs be.

There's a lot of tensions going on here right now. It's getting quite concerning. A lot of back and forths between protestors.

The reason why I find this concerning is Britain's particular history with racial tensions. Whirly could probably elucidate better than I, but the UK has had problems with legitimate far-right & Neo-Nazi activity. 'Nazi Punk' was started in Britain by the racist band Skrewdriver, and the National Front has a long history of violence with many real anti-fascist groups rising to face their violence in the streets.

So what is Britain's future with the current tensions? I'm not sure, but it's ever-unfolding, so any developments that occur can be posted here.

In the news today is this worrying example of escalation:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-a9572836.html

"Child slave’s grave vandalised in apparent revenge attack for Colston statue'"

Really quite upsetting that things are getting to this stage. We all need to keep an eye on these kinds of rising tensions in our own respective countries, and to try to understand why they are unfolding.
I don't disagree at all thumb up

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 05:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Garrett Brow

you don't have to equate racism with anything you want
This is not true at all

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 10:32 AM
Garrett Brow is currently offline Click here to Send Garrett Brow a Private Message Find more posts by Garrett Brow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote