KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Human-Animal Hybrids

Human-Animal Hybrids
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Human-Animal Hybrids

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02275-3

Thoughts and opinions? As usual, I’ll share mine after some conversation has been had.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 10:54 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abomination... and disgusting.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 10:57 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Surtur/Bosley

A conservative pussy

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:03 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Noooo

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:10 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Eon Blue
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02275-3

Thoughts and opinions? As usual, I’ll share mine after some conversation has been had.
I'm generally against all stuff like this. It's literally playing God. Although the pursuit of science is fascinating and compelling, it constantly runs the risk of distancing ourselves from our humanity.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:13 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pretty much.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I really don't have a problem with this, I also found it slightly comical they were concerned with enhanced cognitive funtions as a byproduct.......but abortions are legal so where is the ethical concern?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:35 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by snowdragon
I really don't have a problem with this, I also found it slightly comical they were concerned with enhanced cognitive funtions as a byproduct.......but abortions are legal so where is the ethical concern?

Bringing a human-animal hybrid into the world, for one.

Possibly soon to put it out of its misery by "late late term abortion".

When basic law is grounded in the idea of inalienable human rights, cross breeding humans with animals is a "slight" problem.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 12:09 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by cdtm
Bringing a human-animal hybrid into the world, for one.

Possibly soon to put it out of its misery by "late late term abortion".

When basic law is grounded in the idea of inalienable human rights, cross breeding humans with animals is a "slight" problem.

I don't see that problem and they aren't actually cross breeding. I already brought up abortion, Are we that concerned over a 15 day rat gestational period with a human liver attached?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 12:17 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Ah cool so it's like Ghost in the Shell. thumb up

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Scribble
I'm generally against all stuff like this. It's literally playing God. Although the pursuit of science is fascinating and compelling, it constantly runs the risk of distancing ourselves from our humanity.
thumb down

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I was gonna say...this is right out of Full Metal Alchemist - homunculus.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 03:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb down
You compare the practice to a cyberpunk dystopia, and then disagree with me thinking it's a bad idea?

k then

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 11:06 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

And this is how "The Rise..." begins, so seemingly innocuous.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 11:17 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you talking about Chimeras or Arnold Schwarzenegger and his two decade old pig heart valve.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 11:24 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

There could be some advantages to things like this, most notably for the medical/healthcare fields, but I still feel they are far outweighed by the immorality of it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:03 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
There could be some advantages to things like this, most notably for the medical/healthcare fields, but I still feel they are far outweighed by the immorality of it.
Ahh the first experiment resulting in Ian Brown was relatively successful, except when the chimera went apes hit on the plane and ended up in custody.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:15 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Ahh the first experiment resulting in Ian Brown was relatively successful, except when the chimera went apes hit on the plane and ended up in custody.

LOL. Combining lion DNA with that of Barry Gibb in the 70's worked like a charm though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:30 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Apparently, Bonobo's are compatible with human dna using old fashioned methods. eek!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:49 PM