KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are people's reasons and goals in posting here?

What are people's reasons and goals in posting here?
Started by: Artol

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Artol

What are people's reasons and goals in posting here?

I was wondering why posters here like to post on the site. Do you enjoy interacting with others? Is it a good for of entertainment similar perhaps to twitter or youtube? Do you enjoy arguing or debating? And are there goals you have for posting here, like maybe you want to change people's minds? Or you'd like to learn something? Or even just passing the time?

And do you generally enjoy your tine here or is it perhaps something that has become more of a habit, and you might really want to cut back?

I think you get the general direction of the questions, I'd be interested to hear from some posters.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:11 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What are people's reasons and goals in posting here?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Artol
I was wondering why posters here like to post on the site. Do you enjoy interacting with others? Is it a good for of entertainment similar perhaps to twitter or youtube? Do you enjoy arguing or debating? And are there goals you have for posting here, like maybe you want to change people's minds? Or you'd like to learn something? Or even just passing the time?

And do you generally enjoy your tine here or is it perhaps something that has become more of a habit, and you might really want to cut back?

I think you get the general direction of the questions, I'd be interested to hear from some posters.

What are your reasons?

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:19 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Boredom

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

KMC is a good time-killer. I like debating in the GDF, it's a way to test-run certain beliefs and ideas and see how they work with my overall life philosophy. I'm not too fussed about changing other people's minds, it's more about my own personal growth.

The OTF is just pure shitposting for entertainment, and keeping up with my friends, some peeps I've known on here since 2007.

KMC's just a part of my life by now, I guess.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:26 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Some for boredom, pasttime, entertainment. Little bit of everything.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:56 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm here to fact check the right and prevent the spread of malicious and false information leading to fringe lunacy, division and hate. I'll grant you it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. So I try and maintain moral purpose and not poking my eyes out with pencils when I see statistics falsely represented and narratives designed to promote inequality. God will reward me in heaven for this I am sure. It is my sainted duty, I carry the virtual world that is KMC on my sainted back and am prepared to virtually die for its sins, as I have many times before. Some people also call me Maurice, others the Gangster of Love and I play my music in the sun.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jul 9th, 2020 at 09:11 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:57 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

To conveniently test the clarity of my lens on life. Be entertained. A rant platform.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 09:52 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I was wondering why posters here like to post on the site. Do you enjoy interacting with others?

Yes. But there are about 3-4 people I do not enjoy interacting with as they largely just want to cause problems, are obstinate beyond all reason, or just want to 1-up people like Surt. They are not people I enjoy talking to.

Do you enjoy arguing or debating?

Only if the other party is interested in learning and not just wanting to rage/be buttmad.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 01:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's one of the few places left online that isn't an echo chamber.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 01:44 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

If you can do all that then I think you might be defrauding the government with your disability.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 01:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

KMC is just good fun.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:39 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Reason: This is the most honest forum on all the Internets.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 05:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
If you can do all that then I think you might be defrauding the government with your disability.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Free laughs

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 05:35 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I registered and began posting here at the behest of my then-boyfriend, and I continue to post here out of habit. I participate in other communities with more stringent speech codes, so it is a nice change to be able to type the way I speak.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 09:42 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Free laughs

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 09:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I post here to specifically trigger leftist snowflakes like pooty and robbie. It's just so much fun that I can't resist. smile

Oh, and also to enjoy watching them cry over everything Trump-related.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 10:07 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I like to argue with people.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 10:24 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I registered and began posting here at the behest of my then-boyfriend, and I continue to post here out of habit. I participate in other communities with more stringent speech codes, so it is a nice change to be able to type the way I speak.

I miss Devil King.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 10:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote