KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Austrolibertarianism

Austrolibertarianism
Started by: ilikecomics

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Austrolibertarianism

Why is criticism levied toward the state immediately viewed as absurd?

Why is the state seen as necessary and implicit aspect of human life?

Why do people see the monopolization of force or economic intervention as moral?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:57 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I prefer syndacalist-fascism.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:07 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
I prefer syndacalist-fascism.

I sense this is sarcastic, if so ive never heard this combo so good job on that.

If serious, I'd like to hear more.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:20 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was sarcasm XD

I imagine if it was a thing it would be something along the lines of "kill all humans"

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:35 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was sarcasm XD

I imagine if it was a thing it would be something along the lines of "kill all humans"

From what i understand, fascism, communism, and syndicalism have more in common than they dont.

I keep thinking about fully automated luxuary space gay communism.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:40 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ilikecomics
From what i understand, fascism, communism, and syndicalism have more in common than they dont.

I keep thinking about fully automated luxuary space gay communism.
Yeah, I never liked radicalism. That's why I tend towards the centre with a favourable preference towards social liberties. It looks like I'm somewhere along the libertarian, technocratic, georgism, nordic model area of the spectrum.

Technology, good. Looking after the environment, good. Not infringing others who don't hurt others, good. Free market, good. Taxes, mostly bad, but necessary. Tax those who abuse their power when it comes to harming others. Tax should be a fine in that if someone is a dick they should get taxed more.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:56 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anything libetarian borders on the far right.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:11 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s disgusting you think that. In fact you think anyone that doesn’t agree with you is far right. Really a awful way to live bro. You should really work on yourself.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:23 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
It’s disgusting you think that. In fact you think anyone that doesn’t agree with you is far right. Really a awful way to live bro. You should really work on yourself.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/09/19/libertarians-have-more-in-common-with-the-alt-right-than-they-want-you-to-think/

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:33 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Yup.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:38 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/09/19/libertarians-have-more-in-common-with-the-alt-right-than-they-want-you-to-think/

Thanks for posting a left winged article I’m not going to read to speak for yourself.

Again re read what I said

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:47 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Re: Austrolibertarianism

Originally posted by ilikecomics
Why is criticism levied toward the state immediately viewed as absurd?

Why is the state seen as necessary and implicit aspect of human life?

Why do people see the monopolization of force or economic intervention as moral?

1. It isn't

2. Because "the state" is the only thing keeping most people law abiding. See Haiti, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, Liberia etc to see what happens when a state fails.

3. Because without economic intervention to some degree you end up with the East India Company, United Fruit Company, DuPont, Monsanto and how many other corporations doing whatever they want without consequence.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:00 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
1. It isn't

2. Because "the state" is the only thing keeping most people law abiding. See Haiti, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, Liberia etc to see what happens when a state fails.

3. Because without economic intervention to some degree you end up with the East India Company, United Fruit Company, DuPont, Monsanto and how many other corporations doing whatever they want without consequence.
Very good post thumb up have you ever seen the pictorial East zinnia company coffee table book. It is amazing. I miss coffee table books.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was sarcasm XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_syndicalism

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dayum

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:23 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I never liked radicalism. That's why I tend towards the centre with a favourable preference towards social liberties. It looks like I'm somewhere along the libertarian, technocratic, georgism, nordic model area of the spectrum.

Technology, good. Looking after the environment, good. Not infringing others who don't hurt others, good. Free market, good. Taxes, mostly bad, but necessary. Tax those who abuse their power when it comes to harming others. Tax should be a fine in that if someone is a dick they should get taxed more.

Just finished a book by albert jay nock. He identified as a georgist, which is pretty much constitutionalism, without all the merchant tampering, with a single flat tax or something like that.

We're more similar than dissimilar.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:39 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Austrolibertarianism

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
1. It isn't

1.) in my experience it is. Im not talking about criticism levied at a particular individual, party, or group. Im talking about Criticizing the entire state apparatus.

2.) this same line of reasoning was used to prop up the church before the creation of the state.

It's pretty much like saying "those people are dogs and need a ready hand with a strong switch. "

I dont believe that.

3.) you listed companies with incestuous relationships with the state.

A company, without state interference, cant just go around and do anything it wants. It has to provide customers with value otherwise the customers dont pay and the company fails. However companies assisted by bail outs, protectionism, sanctions on other countries with a similar product, destroying goods to create false scarcity etc. Can do whatever they want because they're longevity isnt based on providing value.

If a company does something for the cheapest, safest, most efficient way then i see no reason it shouldnt be a monopoly.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:45 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Anything libetarian borders on the far right.

What does far right mean to you? Hint it has nothing to do with the military or race.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:46 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also i agree with you on everything except taxation.

If i rob an old lady then use that money to start an orphanage, is that moral? My answer is no, pro tax people may say yes.

It's the difference between consequentialism and deontology.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:48 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the political compass is really confusing to people because it's a graph. I always tell people you can simplify it by taking the two lines and making them one.

The statist/ararchism line, from my eye, is the same measurement as the left to right axis measuring economic intervention by the state.

How can a man be free if the state tells him how to spend his dollar?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:59 PM