KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Now Trump has gone: Let's talk about Institutional racism.

Now Trump has gone: Let's talk about Institutional racism.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now Trump has gone: Let's talk about Institutional racism.

We always hear when a Pakistani is a paedo in the UK it's his religion. When it's someone like Jimmy Savile, we never have his ethnicity brought into it. When black people riot, I see them called Animals... I never see the Proud boys or trumpers demonstrating or militiamen with guns being called out on what they are doing due to race. In the U.K. and ex British soldier called Chris Alder was killed in Custody, you can see here the Police making monkey noises over his body.

We have allowed excuses to be made by the right, when I was a kid people spoke in a racist manner all the time, the '60's, the '70s, and '80s were full of racism. Racism, became a dirty word, no one wants to be called racist, so the racists pushed back Trump gave them the opportunity, Boris gave them the opportunity, they start to push back and renormalise the idea that non-whites are inferior. No Science supports this, despite the poor understanding of genetics and the increase in obviously racist behaviour and language we have seen as popularism led to Brexit and Trump.

Blame and Shame are not going to help, we have to remove context and look at the words these people spew in order to see the latency of their hate.

So how do we move on, naturally they will return to the shadows, their little boxes to some extent, but the hate inside them will propagate? What do we do next? How do we educate the ill-educated and how do we get them to understand some people need more help to be raised up to equality because others perceive them wrongly as animals?

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Nov 8th, 2020 at 01:57 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:49 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's no such thing as systemic racism.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:51 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
We always hear when a Pakistani is a paedo in the UK it's his religion. When it's someone like Jimmy Savile, we never have his ethnicity brought into it. When black people riot, I see them called Animals... I never see the Proud boys or trumpers demonstrating or militiamen with guns being called out on what they are doing due to race. In the U.K. and ex British soldier called Chris Alder was killed in Custody, you can see here the Police making monkey noises over his body.

We have allowed excuses to be made by the right, when I was a kid people spoke in a racist manner all the time, the '60's, the '70s, and '80s were full of racism. Racism, became a dirty word, no one wants to be called racist, so the racists pushed back Trump gave them the opportunity, Boris gave them the opportunity, they start to push back and renormalise the idea that non-whites are inferior. No Science supports this, despite the poor understanding of genetics and the increase in obviously racist behaviour and language we have seen as popularism led to Brexit and Trump.

Blame and Shame are not going to help, we have to remove context and look at the words these people spew in order to see the latency of their hate.

So how do we move on, naturally they will return to the shadows, their little boxes to some extent, but the hate inside them will propagate? What do we do next? How do we educate the ill-educated and how do we get them to understand some people need more help to be raised up to equality because others perceive them wrongly as animals?

It's a difficult thing to quell. I think more of a melting pot society like what's exhibited in the military would help.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 04:14 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
It's a difficult thing to quell. I think more of a melting pot society like what's exhibited in the military would help.
You see Sin, I'm not sure of that, my operational and working knowledge of the US Military is far less secure than of the UK military but one thing I know and feel probably holds true in both is the culture of concealment that allows behaviour that would be deemed anachronistic by wider society to continue unabated within the military bubble.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 05:09 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Racism like what. Voting for Trump?

Try looking at America'a Silicon Valley sometime. Various asian descented programmers complain all the time about the stranglehold Indians have over the job market there, with uncles hiring relatives, Indians hiring friends. Entire upper tiers of management are dominated by one tribe of Indian or another. It got so bad, an Indian friend of mine I used to room with advised me to consider a career change, because there were simply so few non Indians a white slob like me can argue a case of discriminatory policies against whites.

To my eyes, this is an example of racism.

Rhetoric about America's racist past, or trying to pin a label or racism on a police officer for killing a black man, or a land lord for policies harmful to black people, I'm not convinced.

There's a lot of reasons why blacks as a community can be hurt, without evil racists being out to get them. Landlords are money grubbing scumbags, for one.

And I'm just gonna say it, some blacks are scumbags too. From rough neighborhoods, maybe. If you're dirt poor or live in an area where government failed the people, you have to do what you can to survive, I get that.

I still don't call a police officer racist if he's working a beat in a neighborhood where one black guy shot another black guy over leaning on his car, and the officer who knows these things are common ends up shooting another black who who isn't listening to him and reaches for a phone, and gets shot for it.

I mean, look, I've worked with people who are absolutely, completely racist scumbags. This one guy at the USPS yelled he'd never vote for a black man. A police officer friend of a family member effectively called two Japanese women prostitutes for what they were wearing.

I just think all our rhetoric is giving us two choices to make. Either all minorities ars dangerous super predators, or they're all victims.

I've got news for you, we have a lot of BOTH. Some, both at the same time. You could totally be running drive by's and get unfairly frisk stopped.

Basically, we need to be honest and realize it doesn't matter what the Right or Left say about who's a victim, or who's to blame for things. They will cover up their warts, and ruthlessly attack the opposition for stupid stuff, and most of us aren't so stupid or blind that we can't see activists think we're all stupid and blind.

And then they wonder why voter turnout is pathetic in the US.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 05:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

There's always going to be racist and groups of racist as like mind flock together, but as a society and aside from a few pot holes here and there, the US is still progressing forward. eg we just elected another person of color, this time to the second highest office.

Kamala being a woman is just another sign of progress, not in the racial spectrum of progress, but still.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 06:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
There's always going to be racist and groups of racist as like mind flock together, but as a society and aside from a few pot holes here and there, the US is still progressing forward. eg we just elected another person of color, this time to the second highest office.

Kamala being a woman is just another sign of progress, not in the racial spectrum of progress, but still.
Actually true tbf.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 07:54 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like Pooty doesn't understand how things work here in the United States which isn't surprising.

Even if Trump loses all of his lawsuits and the SC let's this fraudulent election stand, Trump will still not "be gone" until January 20th of next year.

You should really educate yourself before making stupid statements like that, pooty. Trump is still the president, moron.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:20 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

You need to unpack your racism before you want to examine somone else whirly.

There is only the human race and different skin colors, it's hard when you are so jaded.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:22 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Looks like Pooty doesn't understand how things work here in the United States which isn't surprising.

Even if Trump loses all of his lawsuits and the SC let's this fraudulent election stand, Trump will still not "be gone" until January 20th of next year.

You should really educate yourself before making stupid statements like that, pooty. Trump is still the president, moron.
No, I'm well of the 74 days and have mentioned it in many posts previously. I'm not as think as you my simple friend

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:24 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

You keep saying "Now that Trump is gone" when he clearly isn't so no, you didn't understand.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:26 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
You need to unpack your racism before you want to examine somone else whirly.

There is only the human race and different skin colors, it's hard when you are so jaded.
You are one hundred per cent right there is only the human race and other skin colours do not denote race, race is a social construct. This is a scientific fact however the concept of race and racial differences is institutionalised to keep people "caste" based on colour.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:28 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's usually the poor who just repeat the shit their grandparents believed or something they've seen in a film.

"Because in their country, they expect this or do that"

It's like on the South Park Movie "off to the movies we shall go, where we learn everything that we know cos the movies teach us what our parents don't have time to say!"

Say Terrence, what did the Spanish priest say to the Arabian gynaecologist?"
"I don't know Phillip, what?"
*fart*

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:30 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

You are one hundred per cent right there is only the human race and other skin colours do not denote race, race is a social construct. This is a scientific fact however the concept of race and racial differences is institutionalised to keep people "caste" based on colour.

So describe for me with easy to read notes institutional bias.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:30 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you admit that there is really no such thing as different "races" among humans and that we are all of one human blood. You realize you just admitted that Biblical creation is true, right?

Evolution says the different "races"evolved separately. Darwin was a racist just as Hitler was. They both thought that the white race was the most evolved.

So are you a Creationist now, pooty? stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:37 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you admit that there is really no such thing as different "races" among humans and that we are all of one human blood. You realize you just admitted that Biblical creation is true, right?

Evolution says the different "races"evolved separately. Darwin was a racist just as Hitler was. They both thought that the white race was the most evolved.

So are you a Creationist now, pooty? stick out tongue
Source, or he never said that.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:40 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
Source, or he never said that.

Look up the original sub-title of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" book before it was removed from the updated newer versions.

He may not have specifically said that the white race was the "most evolved" but it was clear from the book's sub-title that he thought that certain races were "more favored" than others.

Also keep in mind the year when the book was published: 1859.

Remember what was going on in that time period?

It's not hard to draw a conclusion from that exactly which "race" he thought was the most evolved.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Nov 8th, 2020 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:45 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
So describe for me with easy to read notes institutional bias.
This Time Article does a pretty good job explaining it.

https://time.com/5851864/institutional-racism-america/

esearchers have long documented that black people have higher rates of heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, lung disease, asthma and obesity, among other illnesses. Importantly, there is nothing innate to black people that explains why they are sicker (and die earlier) than their nonblack counter-parts. There is no gene specific to black people that predisposes them to death. As legal scholar Dorothy Roberts cogently explains, “It is implausible that one race of people evolved to have a genetic predisposition to heart failure, hypertension, infant mortality, diabetes and asthma. There is no evolutionary theory that can explain why African ancestry would be genetically prone to practically every major common illness.” Black people’s genes are not deadly. Rather, the way that we have organized society is deadly.

Neither can racial disparities in health be explained in terms of black people’s “culture.” Those who seek to justify our racial status quo have proposed that black people have a “culture” that leads them not to exercise, to eschew going to the doctor and to eat diets that are high in sugar, fat and sodium. Racial disparities in health are imagined to be the result of this toxic “culture.” This argument is convincing only to those who want to justify our racial state of affairs. If people of color do not exercise as they should, it is likely because they live in neighborhoods in which exercising outdoors is dangerous and opportunities like gyms or sports leagues are lacking. If people of color do not go to the doctor as often as their white counterparts, it is likely because they do not have health insurance or there are not quality health care providers available to them. If people of color eat foods that are high in sugar, fat and sodium, it is likely because those foods are the only affordable options in their area.

In truth, black people are sicker and die earlier than their white counterparts because they are more likely to encounter those things that we know compromise health–like inaccessible or biased health care providers, inadequate schools and education systems, unemployment, hazardous jobs, unsafe housing, and violent, polluted communities. There are studies upon studies upon studies documenting that the environments in which people of color live, work, play and age are all likely to damage their health. Attempts to explain racial disparities in health in terms of bad genes or bad culture are just excuses not to examine–and dismantle–the structural factors that actually explain why people of color are less healthy.

Notably, many of the illnesses that strike black people at higher rates are the underlying conditions–asthma, hypertension, heart and lung disease, diabetes–that are risk factors for developing a particularly severe case of COVID-19. What this means is that if black people contract the novel coronavirus, they are more likely to die.

Moreover, black people are less able than their white counterparts to engage in the social distancing that makes it possible to avoid contracting COVID-19 in the first place. Low-income people, who are disproportionately people of color, are the “essential workers” who are keeping our cities functioning and our country running. On this point, the Economic Policy Institute issued a report in March that stated that “only 9.2% of workers in the lowest quartile of the wage distribution can telework, compared with 61.5% of workers in the highest quartile.” It also noted that “less than 1 in 5 black workers and roughly 1 in 6 Hispanic workers are able to work from home.” Low-income people are the janitors. They are the farm laborers. They are stocking the shelves at the grocery stores. They are cooking food in restaurants. (This, of course, is if they were able to keep their jobs, as Hispanic and black Americans were more likely to be laid off or furloughed during the pandemic than white Americans.) Low-income people also cannot social distance because they are less likely to have a car. To go somewhere, they have to take buses. They have to take trains. This also heightens their risk of exposure.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:47 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look up the original sub-title of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" book before it was removed from the updated newer versions.

He may not have specifically said that the white race was the "most evolved" but it was clear from the book's sub-title that he thought that certain races were "more favored" than others.

Also keep in mind the year when the book was published: 1859.

Remember what was going on in that time period?

It's not hard to draw a conclusion from that exactly which "race" he thought was the most evolved.
You're making the claim; show me or it didn't happen.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:52 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
You're making the claim; show me or it didn't happen.

I'm not going to go to the trouble of showing you. If you're too lazy to look it up yourself then that's on you.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 08:54 PM