KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Accountability Project

Trump Accountability Project
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Trump Accountability Project

Some Dems have launched the Trump Accountability Project.

From AOC:

quote:
Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1324807776510595078

quote:
"Yes, we are.

The Trump Accountability Project (@trumpaccproject)

Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them — everyone."

(Tweet deleted):

https://twitter.com/mbsimon/status/1324808849572958218

But some nice folks archived it and we still have the link to their website:

https://www.trumpaccountability.net/

But we have other tweets still up from this:

quote:
You better believe it. We just launched the Trump Accountability Project to make sure anyone who took a paycheck to help Trump undermine America is held responsible for what they did.

https://twitter.com/HariSevugan/sta...0200070147?s=20

quote:
If you know anyone who supported Trump, please add their names to our database.

They will be dealt with in due course, once the appropriate legal framework can be put in place.

https://twitter.com/ClimateWarrior7...1753210885?s=20

What are your thoughts on this effort? Is this was actual fascism looks like? Is this was AntiFa was afraid of? Or is this correct and proper behavior? Why? (for whatever side you stake on this coversation)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 04:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

AOC is the Future of the Democratic Left!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 04:24 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I can understand the desire not to want to whitewash political opponents that have done monstrous things, I found it immensely unseemly when Democrats started heaping praise on Bush, who I believe to be a much worse president than even Trump was, and who should by all rights be tried for crimes against humanity. But because he said some mildly critical things about Trump he was hailed as part of the “Resistance”. It’s sickening, and that’s what I think real TDS was.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 04:36 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Artol
I can understand the desire not to want to whitewash political opponents that have done monstrous things, I found it immensely unseemly when Democrats started heaping praise on Bush, who I believe to be a much worse president than even Trump was, and who should by all rights be tried for crimes against humanity. But because he said some mildly critical things about Trump he was hailed as part of the “Resistance”. It’s sickening, and that’s what I think real TDS was.

Oh ho ho! So very nice that you brought up Bush Jr.

I wanted him charged for war crimes with Cameron. Definitely not cool what happened and how many died due to Bush's warmongering.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 04:38 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

kek

And they have the balls to call Republicans "nazis" and "facist".

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Bruh.....

These people are ****ed.

When has any initiative that starts with making a list ever ended well? Even some thing as theoretically positive like the sex offenders list has ruined lives of innocent/decent people and that's a list everyone can agree on.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:09 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ares834
kek

And they have the balls to call Republicans "nazis" and "facist".

How is holding someone potentially accountable for what they said themselves as being a "Nazi" or "Fascist?

Unless I'm missing something here and this isn't about archiving?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:26 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Alexandria ocasio-cortez

Senator Joseph McCarthy was right

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:43 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

*context needed*

Cos a carefully snipped snippet can be just that.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Didn't realize anyone would think that was an actual quote, just pointing out how McCarthy like her actions are.

I don't think she's actually smart enough to know who McCarthy even was.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:56 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So you just made up some nonsense. Okay.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:57 AM
Silent Master

No, she really is for making a list of political enemies so that they can be dealt with

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:02 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Robtard
How is holding someone potentially accountable for what they said themselves as being a "Nazi" or "Fascist?

Unless I'm missing something here and this isn't about archiving?

Per a Yale professor, "The key thing is that fascist politics is about identifying enemies, appealing to the in-group (usually the majority group), and smashing truth and replacing it with power."

Two of those are being addressed with an action like this. We've seen this kinda thing many times before and it almost always problematic. Identifying political enemies, particularly publicly, is a frequent fascist tactic. The most obvious example is Jews being forced to wear badges in Nazi Germany.

Don't get me wrong, I want to hold politicians accountable for what they support. But public political enemies lists is clearly the wrong way to do it. Worse, they intend to list every fool who supported Trump. This is downright dangerous. It will open up many people to abuse and doxing simply for exorcising a different political opinion.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 9th, 2020 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:07 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You're taking people's tweets being collected and comparing it to the holocaust, yeah, that's not gonna fly.

This seems like it's about accountability. eg Ted Cruz is supporting Trump's insane rhetoric that he was cheated. No one is forcing Cruz to do this, he's a grown man doing it himself. If this comes back to politically bite him in the ass if/when he runs for POTUS again with one of his opponents bringing it up, that is Cruz's fault.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:13 AM
ares834

Except that's not what they're doing here. They are creating a list of everyone who supported him. Furthermore, I did not compare it to the holocaust itself, but to forcing Jewish people to wear badges to make them identifiable. Which it is. With one quick and easy search, you would be able to easily see if a person you just met was a Trumper.

Plus I do have a problem with people using tweets from a dozen years ago to ruin people lives.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:19 AM
Artol

I would also say that it is a stretch to equate the tweet with the red scare and McCarthyism. The Project neither. Of course it does have potential to go off the rails. I think the big thing that needs to be clear is that there is a difference between the actual people in power, the high level functionaries of the Republican party and people that just voted or campaigned for Trump. I doN't see much issue with not wanting to rehabilitate people like Steve Bannon, Steven Mnuchin, Betsy DeVos or Jared Kushner. My worry is that the opposite will happen, that the people in power right now will be openly embraced in a bipartisan manner by the people in power next year, so they can continue their century long project of screwing over working Americans that keep the country going (whether they voted red, blue, or didn't vote at all).

But I don't feel particularly bad if Ivanka isn't invited to the liberal masquerade balls she likes to attend, or if Google doesn't hire some Trump Admin stooge for political gain...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:21 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ares834
Except that's not what they're doing here. They are creating a list of everyone who supported him. Furthermore, I did not compare it to the holocaust itself, but to forcing Jewish people to wear badges to make them identifiable. Which it is. With one quick and easy search, you would be able to easily see if a person you just met was a Trumper.

Plus I do have a problem with people using tweets from a dozen years ago to ruin people lives.
So I went to the website itself and right away I see it's not a list of "everyone who supported him", that's just a scare bogeyman tactic. The list is very specific and it's not about getting tweets from average voters or the masses.

Copy/Pasted from the site:

-Individuals who worked for the Trump for President campaign, Republican National Committee, and affiliated PACs in 2016 or 2020.

-Individuals who worked in any role as a political appointee in the Trump Administration.

-Individuals who used their massive personal wealth and influence to bundle money for Trump.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:22 AM
ares834

Also copy pasted from the site:

Those who elected him.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:25 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

As it pertains to the list above.

If you think they're going to be collecting say someone like Broly's tweets or Facebook posts, you're wrong.

Now Senators, lobbyist, higher ranking admin people, top donors. Sure.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:28 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
As it pertains to the list above.

If you think they're going to be collecting say someone like Broly's tweets or Facebook posts, you're wrong.

Now Senators, lobbyist, higher ranking admin people, top donors. Sure.
and rightly so... I have a busy day today but no doubt I will find time to own voltron later.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:33 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote