KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Black Friday Deals

Black Friday Deals
Started by: truejedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

Black Friday Deals

I'm a bit tuckered out with the politics- so here is something else-- I tried to pick up the 148.00 55" tv last night from Walmart.com. They let me out it in my cart, but every time as I was in the process of checking out, it would pop up as "out of stock, try back in half an hour, we restock then".

That was damnably annoying. After doing that three times, I decided I didn't want it that bad. Why not put a hold on items in carts for five minutes or something?

I also am looking for a good deal on an xbox 1 x, and always for good deals on tools. Maybe a bosch table saw specifically. Anything you chaps are targeting this year?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 05:52 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was so tempted to do a "this thread is racist, why is the day stuff is cheaper called black", but I see you want to avoid politics.

I honestly do not like buying electronics from Walmart. I remember I ordered a computer there from their website one time and it tells you it will email you when you can come pick it up.

So I get the email one day so I go to get it. This was near Christmas time btw, so it was a long line to wait to get the stuff. Then I am told I can't get it today because it isn't in the store. I tell them about the email and they say "well it is here, just in the warehouse not in the store". So I had to come back the next day to get it.

Anyways, yes I'm looking to get one of the next gen consoles. I was thinking maybe a PS5.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 05:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Saw an ultra-wide monitor on the Walmart.com "Cyber" sales that was good.

So I did some digging and you can buy it from Amazon for the same pirice without the artificial scarcity thing that Walmart is doing to make people sit on their site more to be tricked into purchasing more of their stuff. That's what's going on. That's why they do that.

I was going to get this:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-49-I...3890&sr=8-1

When I looked at the similar monitor on walmart.com's cyber sales stuff, it said they had 2 left. Yeah right.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 06:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

That is irritating- I usually pay a few extra dollars to get it delivered, but I've never been able to beat walmart on price-- their roku tvs are nice, bc I have stand alone rokus on my tvs that have to be unplugged and plugged back in everytime I use them.

I know that sounds exactly like a first world problem...

I intentionally run one generation of consoles behind to save money. Started when I was a kid because I couldn't afford the newer ones, and has continued till now, so the series x coming out is good news to me because all the used xbox 1s should dip in price soon.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 06:01 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol I'm two console generations behind, that's why the latest ones interest me and I might go for that. I have never once played xbox 1 or ps4. I play games on either the PC, xbox 360, or ps3.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 06:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

This tv runs about 350.00 on Amazon usually, but honestly, jumping through hoops online irritates me. I shouldn't have to wait a half hour, and then not get it then either-- walmart didn't manufacture any tvs last night. Worth the extra money, or doing without.

Xbox360 and super nintendo mini has kind of been my experience the last couple of years. Looking forward to fallout 4 and gears of war 4 though.

Probably going to skip fallout 76...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 06:17 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I'm due a phone upgrade. Moved to PAYG in the meantime as I couldn't get the deal I wanted. Hoping for a Galaxy S20 Ultra with free Galaxy Watch 3. Best they've offered so far is with an Active 1.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 08:44 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How much of a monthly hit are you taking compared to signing a 12-24 month contract with your carrier?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 08:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I have never once played xbox 1 or ps4. I play games on either the PC, xbox 360, or ps3.

You ain't missing much, especially if you have a PC.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 09:56 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah the state of gaming is abysmal right now. Lots of fun older stuff, but the shit on the horizon looks like trashb

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 10:04 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard
How much of a monthly hit are you taking compared to signing a 12-24 month contract with your carrier?

It would be on contract anyway. Wouldn't pay the handset outright. It would only be an extra 20 a month compared to my previous contract that ran out in September. They'll probably drop the price when the iPhone 12 is released. If they do and the saving would cover the cost of the watch I might go for it.

Then again, 5g rollout has been stopped in the UK to strip out Huawei hardware so might not be worth bothering getting a 5g phone just now. Might just save the money altogether.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 11:04 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m buying a stackable washer and dryer

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 11:32 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mine are side by side.

sad

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 11:34 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I’m buying lube.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 12:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

How the mighty have fallen. Blood was once all you needed

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 01:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Every time I pass a certification or get a degree, I reward myself. So I decided to put together a spec sheet for a PC as a "reward" for passing the CISM exam.

Just now done. And I checked the utter living sh*t out of compatibility):

(please log in to view the image)

Far more expensive than I thought it would be. But I'm starting from a new chassis, PSU, and monitor situation which bumps up the costs by almost $1,500. The parts, alone, are not that bad.

I will get a massage chair after I pass the CISSP exam.

There was a super amazing zero G massage chair I tested in Dallas at a specialty store. It was the best damn massage chair I ever sat in and it was definitely less than $4,000. Better than those stupid expensive $10K massage chairs.

If I can find that chair, I'll get that.

Those are my "Black Friday" shopping things, so far. I can't get the chair, yet. I need to go to Dallas to find it, again. You definitely need to sit and try a bunch of chairs before buying it. You will own it for many years so it needs to get the job done while being high quality.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 01:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'd like to build a computer, but I'm having a hard time saving anything. >.> Eventually I'm sure I'll get there...eh, maybe on tax return day. Trying for at least around $900

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 01:48 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Have you considered AMD for the cpu instead of intel? Hearing good things about amd lately.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 02:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

No love for the Switch sad .

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 02:38 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Have you considered AMD for the cpu instead of intel? Hearing good things about amd lately.

I did consider AMD. Intel caught up.

But wait!

AMD just released their 5000 series, which I didn't know.

So I looked up a comparison article and actually found this:

It looks like Ryzen is now 1.75 generations ahead of intel, again. Based on those performance specs.

And based on cores, it can render 4K HD video faster(which I edit from time to time). So it looks like I need to revisit the motherboard, CPU, and even the GPU for the build. The next gen AMD GPUs are supposed to hit some significant "ecosystem" performance when combined with their new 5000 series CPUs.

Based on that, I could do the following:

MoBo and CPU:

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-39...s21-20&th=1

But for the GPU, I'd have to wait until AMD releases their new Radeon 6000 series. November 17th.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 03:53 AM