KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Scottish Sentiments on Secession from the UK

Scottish Sentiments on Secession from the UK
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Scottish Sentiments on Secession from the UK

Polls of the Scots shows that they are now hovering around a majority support to secede from the UK:

https://www.drg.global/wp-content/u...tion-121120.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opini...sh_independence

Now it's "a thing." It's legit, now.

Are they going to do it? What are the consequences (positive or negative)?

And what is your opinion about Scottish Secession from the UK?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Polls of the Scots shows that they are now hovering around a majority support to secede from the UK:

https://www.drg.global/wp-content/u...tion-121120.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opini...sh_independence

Now it's "a thing." It's legit, now.

Are they going to do it? What are the consequences (positive or negative)?

And what is your opinion about Scottish Secession from the UK?
No they aren't. There won't be any.

There won't be any.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:10 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has Jaden triggered Moe?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Has Jaden triggered Moe?
It was probably my Brexit thread, not sure.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:25 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
Ahh, what's up with Ddm, why is he so triggered at the moment Blake?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:36 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Trump lost and all his "stats" "research" was all for nothing, yet I was the most accurate in my predictions on 2020 with the exception of Georgia, which was just icing on the cake for me.

Then Trump eats a big bucket of KFC in the oval office to cope and then grits his teeth in conceding and now has to do as he's told like a toddler.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 05:49 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

KFC is delicious.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:34 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wxyz
KFC is delicious.
It is.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 06:38 PM
dadudemon

No they aren't. There won't be any.

There won't be any.

You're wrong, though.

In 2017, the last time I talked about this, there was no majority support.

Recently, and more so now than ever, majority support is finally being hit in the polls.

Trump lost and all his "stats" "research" was all for nothing, yet I was the most accurate in my predictions on 2020 with the exception of Georgia, which was just icing on the cake for me.

Then Trump eats a big bucket of KFC in the oval office to cope and then grits his teeth in conceding and now has to do as he's told like a toddler.

Is this what goes on in your head? Are you this delusional to think there was a "Lord XYZ vs. dadudemon" competition going on when, on November 4th, when I saw the states flip overnight, I course-corrected my position?

But, really, though, what was your final estimated votes for Biden and Trump in Georgia is the only state I really provided "end results" figures for? Since, of course, your "maths and research" was better, right?

Not a single on-topic response in this thread, though. I assume no one really understands Scotland and the perceptions of the Scots enough to actually comment on the thread. Or perhaps no one really cares about the Scots finally reaching a majority support for secession.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're wrong, though.

In 2017, the last time I talked about this, there was no majority support.

Recently, and more so now than ever, majority support is finally being hit in the polls.

Is this what goes on in your head? Are you this delusional to think there was a "Lord XYZ vs. dadudemon" competition going on when, on November 4th, when I saw the states flip overnight, I course-corrected my position?

But, really, though, what was your final estimated votes for Biden and Trump in Georgia is the only state I really provided "end results" figures for? Since, of course, your "maths and research" was better, right?

Not a single on-topic response in this thread, though. I assume no one really understands Scotland and the perceptions of the Scots enough to actually comment on the thread. Or perhaps no one really cares about the Scots finally reaching a majority support for secession.
All you provided was numbers from a pdf that doesn't even look professional in the slightest and a wiki link as if we're supposed to go "yes, good research DDM, stats you pulled out your ass are very great to talk about. thumb up"

Now you're projecting more shit.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 07:59 PM
dadudemon

All you provided was numbers from a pdf that doesn't even look professional in the slightest and a wiki link as if we're supposed to go "yes, good research DDM, stats you pulled out your ass are very great to talk about. thumb up"

You are aware that the Wikipedia article has tracked many many polls, right? And all the polls are cited and you can view them, yourself. I posted the latest poll. If I was being dishonest, I could post a poll from 1 month ago that showed 58% support.

https://news.stv.tv/politics/poll-s...-high-of-58?top

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en...sh-independence

So your position is anti-science, right? As in, you don't believe the poll results being tracked over years for Scottish support for UK secession, is that right?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:13 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:26 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are aware that the Wikipedia article has tracked many many polls, right? And all the polls are cited and you can view them, yourself. I posted the latest poll. If I was being dishonest, I could post a poll from 1 month ago that showed 58% support.

https://news.stv.tv/politics/poll-s...-high-of-58?top

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en...sh-independence

So your position is anti-science, right? As in, you don't believe the poll results being tracked over years for Scottish support for UK secession, is that right?
I never said you were wrong that the polls have changed in that direction. It's just your thread is irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:30 PM
dadudemon

I never said you were wrong that the polls have changed in that direction. It's just your thread is irrelevant.

You could have fooled me with a post like this:

Seems like that is exactly what you're saying.

You could post on topic and discuss Scotland likely to secede from the UK, thought. Much more likely than when the last time this referendum made it to the ballots and didn't win. Then: minority but significant support. Now: majority support consistently showing up in polls.

Now we should be talking about what a separate Scotland looks like. Benefits, negatives. The trend shows that the support will just continue to increase.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 10:08 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You could have fooled me with a post like this:

Seems like that is exactly what you're saying.

You could post on topic and discuss Scotland likely to secede from the UK, thought. Much more likely than when the last time this referendum made it to the ballots and didn't win. Then: minority but significant support. Now: majority support consistently showing up in polls.

Now we should be talking about what a separate Scotland looks like. Benefits, negatives. The trend shows that the support will just continue to increase.
Oh I get it. It was the pulling them out your ass part.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 03:49 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me likey decentralization

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 03:59 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Even the last referendum had a huge number of voters wanting to go independent. 44% of them. And the main argument for remaining within the UK was that Scotland could then stay in the EU.....well, that didn't turn out well for the Scots.

Personally I think they should go independent, we can see in the voting patterns that Scotland is generally dominated by England, and England's, imo insane, desire to continue to be ****ed by the Tories. If Scotland went independent they could join the EU relatively quickly, and we have seen in Ireland that there are big opportunities for English speaking countries within the EU, I would assume Scotlands fortunes would be better independently than tied to Westminster.

Last edited by Artol on Nov 19th, 2020 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 04:19 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud DDM master of shit projection thumb up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 07:03 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Artol
Even the last referendum had a huge number of voters wanting to go independent. 44% of them. And the main argument for remaining within the UK was that Scotland could then stay in the EU.....well, that didn't turn out well for the Scots.

Personally I think they should go independent, we can see in the voting patterns that Scotland is generally dominated by England, and England's, imo insane, desire to continue to be ****ed by the Tories. If Scotland went independent they could join the EU relatively quickly, and we have seen in Ireland that there are big opportunities for English speaking countries within the EU, I would assume Scotlands fortunes would be better independently than tied to Westminster.
I always find it funny how the Brits argued to the Scots to stay with the same logic they should have used to stay in the EU but apparently forgot about when it was their turn lol

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 01:52 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Newjak
I always find it funny how the Brits argued to the Scots

Scots are Brits. Although perhaps not for long. Scotland wasn't really ready for independence when they had the first referendum a few years back, it is far more likely to succeed this time around, by no means guaranteed though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 02:11 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote