KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » British Monarchy

British Monarchy
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

British Monarchy

Could the monarchy ever assume control over England again?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 05:34 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

u misspelled ireland -aka- air-land

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 06:03 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Re: British Monarchy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Could the monarchy ever assume control over England again?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/12/1...-seizing-power/

quote:
Well, if she was plotting something, she probably missed her shot. Until last year (2010), the Queen monarch technically had the right to unilaterally dismiss a prime minister or dissolve parliament — though it hadn’t been done since the 19th century — but the Fixed-term Parliament Act passed in 2011 set five-year terms for parliament which can only be shortened by an act of parliament such as a vote of no confidence or a motion for an early election.

in a hypothetical scenario where queen elizabeth became cersei lannister, she could do whatever she wanted if she had the military at her disposal. in that case, parliament would only have a "paper shield"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 06:20 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good read

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 06:27 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can Prince Charles ever become king after marrying a divorced woman?

Didn’t his great uncle suffer the same fate and had to abdicate??

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 06:43 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

so..... king willy?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 07:21 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shoot the lot of them... I jest, was that treason?

It is the height of stupidity to claim that men who for a thousand years have had the power to berate us, to fleece us and to oppress us with impunity, will now agree, with good grace, to be our equals.

Jean-Paul Marat

Vive la Revolution, we should have copied France!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:39 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

We should not have copied France!

If anything, Prince Charles will become George VII

Royals can change their name, Prince Albert became George VI

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 06:43 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
We should not have copied France!

If anything, Prince Charles will become George VII

Royals can change their name, Prince Albert became George VI
I have a friend who has a Prince Albert his party trick when coked up was to hang girls hand bags from it. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my mind when right there as well. is that why prince albert changed his name?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I've seriously thought of getting one and bottled out twice.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:26 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Perhaps. Might just be a social anxiety thing... "I have a piercing on my dick, so I'm royalty."

I think it goes back furthur when Queen Victoria married Albert from Germany. People were like, "are you German?" He tried his best.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alloh Guv'nah

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Alloh Guv'nah
Kinda laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:38 PM
Artol

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
How can Prince Charles ever become king after marrying a divorced woman?

Didn’t his great uncle suffer the same fate and had to abdicate??

To be fair, the Anglican Church broke with Catholicism so that the King could divorce and marry again...and again...and again...

As for Edward VIII, I guess it’s a different time now, divorcing and marrying divorced people isn’t the same scandal it used to be. Which seems like a good thing to me.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:19 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there any valid reason for keeping the royals around? Why should the queen have a say in...anything?

How many people voted her in? None. Her qualifications can't just be "came out of the right vagina". Not in the MeToo era.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Artol
To be fair, the Anglican Church broke with Catholicism so that the King could divorce and marry again...and again...and again...

As for Edward VIII, I guess it’s a different time now, divorcing and marrying divorced people isn’t the same scandal it used to be. Which seems like a good thing to me.
Yeah, King Edward abdicated to make the people happy and had a cigar named after him.....

Albert became George VI and led us through WW2 which caused him to die of stress...... The horror. Now we have our Liz aka Queen Elizabeth II and she's done a fine job. Chucky is next in line. George VII? Charles III? I don't know.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
Yeah, King Edward abdicated to make the people happy and had a cigar named after him.....

Albert became George VI and led us through WW2 which caused him to die of stress...... The horror. Now we have our Liz aka Queen Elizabeth II and she's done a fine job. Chucky is next in line. George VII? Charles III? I don't know.

What are her greatest achievements? Moving speeches do not count.

Things she was only able to achieve due to being born a royal also need not apply.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
What are her greatest achievements? Moving speeches do not count.

Things she was only able to achieve due to being born a royal also need not apply.
Well, you've kinda set the bar low.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me it's like praising a celebrity worth $100 million bucks for giving 10 grand to a charity.

But okay let us remove the "nothing she did that was accomplished cuz she was born a royal" part. But the whole thing about moving speeches not being an achievement still applies.

So what did she do?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 11:38 PM