KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think about abortion?

What is your stance on abortion?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Pro-choice. 15 65.22%
Pro-life. 5 21.74%
Other: please explain. 3 13.04%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What do you think about abortion?
Started by: Klaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Klaw
Sigma Male

What do you think about abortion?

Me personally, I'm pro-choice.

I can appreciate that abortion is gruesome (it is the killing of a fetus).

I think a woman has the choice since her body is hers to decide to carry a baby to term or not.

The problem with making abortion illegal is the same as with drugs, people still get them.

The solution to reduce abortions is to properly educate people with comprehensive sex education, and birth control.

What are your thoughts?

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 02:15 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pro choice

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 06:19 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Explain.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 06:56 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abortion is murder. Period. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Most "pro-choicers" claim to be part of the "party of science" but when science says that human life starts at conception (and it does) you all ignore it. Party of science, my ass.

And to the people calling themselves "pro-choice", no you are not pro-choice. You are pro-death.

The unborn child certainly isn't getting a choice in the matter is he/she? It's easy for people who're already born to to be in favor of abortion.

And you so-called "pro-choicers" are hypocrites to the highest degree. You are the same folks that think people shouldn't have a choice when it comes to getting dangerous vaccines injected into their bodies or wearing masks on their face. So you all can get the f*** off your high horses with your BS "We are all about choice!" because you ain't.

I actually believe in choice more than you hypocritical a-holes do. You liars are not pro-choice and you're all f***in' disgusting.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Feb 17th, 2021 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 08:27 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

And no, my religious beliefs have nothing to do with my pro-life stance.. Human beings have a right to life. That is the most basic and fundamental of all rights.

Without that right, no other right we have matters one bit. Even if I was an atheist I would recognize that everyone has a basic right to life.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 08:37 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Brings back memories of the old abortion thread...

Anyhow, as a Liberal I am pro-choice. If I was a woman, I would want control over my own body as well. So I extend that courtesy to others.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 08:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pro-life.

I think neither side argues the issue in good faith.

The Right will talk religion. The truth is, they don't want to pay for someone elses abortion services.

And most people on the Left could probably give two shits about "Reproductive Freedom."

It's more about not being on the hook for an unwanted kid, or not wanting more unplanned kids from parents so careless they won't bother raising them, running around and messing up the place.

Me, I look at it purely from the fact if a person is smothered in the crib or decapitated in the womb, its all the same to them.

In other words, my position is "If it were me, what would I support."

And by me, I mean if I was the one stuck with years of child support payments. Vs, if I happened to be that unwanted child.

I'm forced to conclude you're better off being able to live poorly, then never have lived at all. The unwanted kids deserve to exist, as much as we do.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I guess I'm begrudgingly 'pro-choice', even if ethically I am mostly 'pro-life'. I think the arguments about it being the woman's choice because it is her body are stupid and idiotic, and also dumb, as well as stupid, although I think I already said that. The life inside her womb is a human being, or at the very least a unique set of cells that will become a human being, so it is not just the woman's body anymore, and thus I don't think 'a woman's right to choose' whether to kill the human inside her is much of an argument. It should be a joint decision between both parents. The assumption should be made that the developing sentient life in the womb wishes to be born, as obviously it can't be asked, and most humans do not resent being born.

All that being said, as others have mentioned, if it is illegal people will have them done anyway, and in much less safe environments. That's part of it. Also there are many medical reasons for abortion. If a pregnancy is going to kill the mother then that really does come down to 'her choice', I think. But that's all rather thorny ethically in any case.

A lot of unplanned pregnancy and thus abortion comes about due to circumstances beyond people's controls, whether they be economically, due to education, not being raised well, etc., so ultimately a lot of abortion is something that would go away in a better-organised society. Contraception should always have a free and available option to reduce the need for abortions. Also there should be much better support for children post-birth.

Honestly from what I can tell, a lot of pro-lifers don't seem to give a shit what happens to the kid after they're born, or what conditions they're raised in. If abortion is to be banned then you'd better damn well institute some kind of support relating to that.

I think Tulsi Gabbard said her belief was that abortion should be "safe, legal and rare", and although I don't really know that much about her other political perspectives, that phrase kind of sums up a fair end-goal for my abortion beliefs.

Abortion is ending a human life, after all, but it's impossible to build a functioning society without taking on some burden of 'evil' to prevent larger degrees of suffering.

Anyway this doesn't sum up all of my thoughts on the matter, just a rough rundown of where I'm at with it right now, so take of my witterings what you will.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:26 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Pro choice to a certain point, I think there should be restrictions.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:26 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

@cdtm: As I said, my religion has absolutely nothing to do with it. People have a basic, fundamental right to life. Even if I didn't worship a god, I would still recognze that it is a natural, inalienable right.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:28 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

God said’ if you think of wrong you are guilty of it.’

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 10:05 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Abortion is murder. Period. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Most "pro-choicers" claim to be part of the "party of science" but when science says that human life starts at conception (and it does) you all ignore it. Party of science, my ass.

I disagree that a fetus is a human being.

A fetus becomes a human once it's born.

quote:
And to the people calling themselves "pro-choice", no you are not pro-choice. You are pro-death.

And you're anti womens' rights.

quote:
The unborn child certainly isn't getting a choice in the matter is he/she? It's easy for people who're already born to to be in favor of abortion.

I agree with the second point.

quote:
And you so-called "pro-choicers" are hypocrites to the highest degree. You are the same folks that think people shouldn't have a choice when it comes to getting dangerous vaccines injected into their bodies or wearing masks on their face. So you all can get the f*** off your high horses with your BS "We are all about choice!" because you ain't.

I'm against forced vaccinations and mandatory masking.

quote:
I actually believe in choice more than you hypocritical a-holes do. You liars are not pro-choice and you're all f***in' disgusting.

I'm actually pro-choice as I've shown.

And you can think I'm disgusting all you want.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 11:09 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Robtard
Anyhow, as a Liberal I am pro-choice. If I was a woman, I would want control over my own body as well. So I extend that courtesy to others.

I agree with this, this is common sense.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 11:14 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Trocity
Pro choice to a certain point, I think there should be restrictions.

Care to elaborate?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 11:36 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw
I agree with this, this is common sense.

Nah, common sense is understanding that an unborn child is a human being and thus has an inalienable right to life.

Btw, you should stop calling yourself a Conservative because you clearly aren't one. You kinda remind me of loudmouth Tomi Lahren. She is a fake Conservative as well.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 01:21 AM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nah, common sense is understanding that an unborn child is a human being and thus has an inalienable right to life.

Btw, you should stop calling yourself a Conservative because you clearly aren't one. You kinda remind me of loudmouth Tomi Lahren. She is a fake Conservative as well.

So if you're pro-choice, you can't be Conservative?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 01:25 AM
Artol

Originally posted by Klaw
Me personally, I'm pro-choice.

I can appreciate that abortion is gruesome (it is the killing of a fetus).

I think a woman has the choice since her body is hers to decide to carry a baby to term or not.

The problem with making abortion illegal is the same as with drugs, people still get them.

The solution to reduce abortions is to properly educate people with comprehensive sex education, and birth control.

What are your thoughts?

I think I am mostly in line with your view. I think abortions should be safe and accessible for anyone who wants them and they should be affordable or even free to take that hurdle (but I believe healthcare generally should be free at the point of use).

At the same time I think there are a lot of things we should do to actually get the abortion numbers down. That starts with comprehensive sex education with a focus on safe ways to have sex (not just because of pregnancy, but also in terms of diseases, and psychological safety), and availability of birth control (again ideally free for the user), but also things like family planning services, help for expecting mothers, availability and affordability of child care places, paid leave for financial support for young children and especially for single parents, to make it more attractive for people to want to become parents.

In terms of the moral side, I'm not sure the "a woman's body, a woman's choice" slogan is the most effective way to convey it, but I do agree generally. I would say no person can morally be compelled to be connected and carry another person for 9 months with risks to their health and life even if that other person was a full human being, and with a fetus I don't think they should have the same moral right as human beings after birth, but of course that is somewhat of a scale.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 04:59 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Voted other.

I don't give a shit. I certainly don't think they should be free though unless the mother is at risk. I've always thought that a ridiculous notion.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 05:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I knew this would get out of hand. It's a woman's body and she should have the option. Just once it'd be nice if threads like this were only discussed by female members.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 07:28 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it is someone else's body, moron. I can't believe you are that damn dumb. Seperate heartbeat, separate body. Period.

A woman never aborts her own body, retard. She aborts someone else's. She makes a decision to abort her baby. She doesn't abort herself, ffs lmao.

No matter how much you try to dance around that fact it will never make it untrue. Go back to your damn bottle instead of making a bigger ass out of yourself than you already are.

Abortion is murder... case closed. End of discussion.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Feb 18th, 2021 at 09:23 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:08 AM