KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Yahoo pushes idea of white, male, heterosexual, and non-disabled privilege..

Yahoo pushes idea of white, male, heterosexual, and non-disabled privilege..
Started by: Klaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Klaw
Sigma Male

Yahoo pushes idea of white, male, heterosexual, and non-disabled privilege..

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:17 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Klaw
Source.
And thus triggers you why Eon?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:21 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

There's no such thing as privilege.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:24 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

On the surface, nothing.

Finding out a lot underhanded politics are done, under the cover of social responsibilities. Non profits, comptrollers, essentially exploitation and profiting abusing laws designed to protect people.

I mean, I realize graft and corruption are a way of life, I just get irritated when well meaning laws get abused.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

cdtm goes off on tangents.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:32 PM
cdtm

cdtm goes off on tangents.

Takes one to know one. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by cdtm
Takes one to know one. thumb up

I'm cosine myself.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:35 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

The idenitarian bs is a grift put forward by the media-military industrial complex to distract the fiery and fervent energy of the youth.

Occupy wallstreet was originally targeting the billionaires getting welfare, then less than a year later the vocal left is worried about who wins the oppression olympics.

Coincidence ?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 09:06 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Not at all.

Occupy is the only movement that would have hurt the one percent. Black lives matter, feminism, lgbtq, how does any of that really affect the people sitting on the top of the mountain?

They could care less who makes up their employee roster.

It's all demographics to sell shit to.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 10:03 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not at all.

Occupy is the only movement that would have hurt the one percent. Black lives matter, feminism, lgbtq, how does any of that really affect the people sitting on the top of the mountain?

cool cool

Hell yeah.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 11:24 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Not at all.

Correct. 'Wokism' is inherently capitalist. It keeps the underclasses fighting amongst themselves whilst empowering the corporations: essentially, through wokism and cancel culture, mobs can get people fired for having undesirable opinions (weaponised employment with no social security net); this immediately puts more power in the hands of the corporations, and positions them as social leaders above the state (indeed they are quick becoming the 'state' itself).

Not that I'm not sympathetic to much of where this ideology comes from — they recognise the injustices, but their anger at the system and circumstances created by the despotic and increasingly omnipotent corporations and the elites that run them (with the entire support of government and media) is redirected instead between members of the same classes, i.e. the working and lower classes, and indeed the middle class, which is less 'middle' than ever before. Capitalism operates on a process of ever-diminishing returns.

Wokism and cancel culture are crimes against the underclasses. There is a common enemy, but apparently we'd rather fight about ideology than acknowledge the hard fact that we're all living under a system that is designed to keep the vast majority of people poor, disenfranchised and utterly dejected, economically, psychologically and spiritually.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 11:59 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

@scribble

Great post.

Q: what do you think capitalism is ?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 12:26 AM
Scribble

Originally posted by ilikecomics
@scribble

Great post.

Q: what do you think capitalism is ?
There's too much to fully go into just on this topic, but I'll give it a shot!

To me, Capitalism is the current ruling social and economic system / ideology. Almost all prominent modern Western(-American) perspectives are founded in capitalism, from the idea of 'rugged individualism', to how we view life through the lens of selling our labour (and having it exploited), the narrative that 'anybody can succeed if they work hard', to how we view ownership and property, etc.

It's a system that tells us that anyone can become rich and successful whilst operating in a manner that relies on and ensures most people remain underprivileged, ruled over by a class of powerful (wealthy) elites.

"From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.
Truth is... the game was rigged from the start." (Fallout New Vegas, lol)

It's essentially manifested most prominently today as a network of intersecting power groups (corporations, governments, militaries, think-tanks, etc.), centred around gaining Capital in all its forms (economic, social, political, etc.) on a global scale. The military-industrial complex as you mentioned is also of course a major aspect of it and is a topic of its own.

I think capitalism was perhaps at first a step up from previous feudal and aristocratic systems, but in the end it's basically the same thing and relies on a Master-Slave dynamic, and is fast becoming unsustainable as power and resources continue to fall into the hands of a smaller and smaller group of people.

Obviously I haven't really done the question its full justice there, but I think it gets across the rough idea of what I'm talking about. I've also probably forgotten something important, but it is only 9am here, lol

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:11 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Scribble
Correct. 'Wokism' is inherently capitalist. It keeps the underclasses fighting amongst themselves whilst empowering the corporations: essentially, through wokism and cancel culture, mobs can get people fired for having undesirable opinions (weaponised employment with no social security net); this immediately puts more power in the hands of the corporations, and positions them as social leaders above the state (indeed they are quick becoming the 'state' itself).

Not that I'm not sympathetic to much of where this ideology comes from — they recognise the injustices, but their anger at the system and circumstances created by the despotic and increasingly omnipotent corporations and the elites that run them (with the entire support of government and media) is redirected instead between members of the same classes, i.e. the working and lower classes, and indeed the middle class, which is less 'middle' than ever before. Capitalism operates on a process of ever-diminishing returns.

Wokism and cancel culture are crimes against the underclasses. There is a common enemy, but apparently we'd rather fight about ideology than acknowledge the hard fact that we're all living under a system that is designed to keep the vast majority of people poor, disenfranchised and utterly dejected, economically, psychologically and spiritually.

Nonsense. Capitalism creates income inequality, not social injustice. In a capitalist system, a black man and a white with the same wealth should be equal. But wealthy black men are regularly harassed by police while driving their own cars and entering their own homes. Capitalism is not responsible for that, bigotry is, and class does not insulate one from that.

And corporations only hold social influence, because consumers have more of a direct influence on corporations than voters do on elected officials. In fact, when the government prohibited same-sex marriage, it was corporations that extended them spousal benefits, and used their influence to change the laws. So it was corporations and capitalism actually solving a social injusice, not creating one to divide the underclasses and consolidate their own power. It is such a one-dimensional leftist perspective to reduce everything to class struggle.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:16 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Nonsense. Capitalism creates income inequality, not social injustice. In a capitalist system, a black man and a white with the same wealth should be equal. But wealthy black men are regularly harassed by police while driving their own cars and entering their own homes. Capitalism is not responsible for that, bigotry is, and class does not insulate one from that.

And corporations only hold social influence, because consumers have more of a direct influence on corporations than voters do on elected officials. In fact, when the government prohibited same-sex marriage, it was corporations that extended them spousal benefits, and used their influence to change the laws. So it was corporations and capitalism actually solving a social injusice, not creating one to divide the underclasses and consolidate their own power. It is such a one-dimensional leftist perspective to reduce everything to class struggle.
Sorry, I have no reason or desire to speak to you, Adam. You argue in bad faith, have consistently treated me like shit and harassed me, and once purposefully tried to induce me into a mental breakdown simply because you don't like me. Go spin on a dick, chuck.

And tbh, your post is so idiotic that it doesn't deserve a response anyway. Go read some theory, lmao.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:37 AM
Artol

There's no such thing as privilege.

What do you think the definition of "privilege" is from the point of view of people who use the concept?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:47 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Artol
What do you think the definition of "privilege" is from the point of view of people who use the concept?

Privilege is a a term used by the Left.

I think they mean that your immutable characteristics (sex, skin color etc) give people advantages those with differing characteristics don't have.

I disagree with that.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 02:14 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Capitalism does not create income inequality, people do.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 02:15 PM
Artol

Privilege is a a term used by the Left.

I think they mean that your immutable characteristics (sex, skin color etc) give people advantages those with differing characteristics don't have.

I disagree with that.

You even agree that in the case of disabled people? It feels almost self evident that people who are not disabled have clear advantages. Things like the Americans with Disabilities Act are designed to make some of these disadvantages less harsh to bear.

You really don't think that in some cultures some social groups have advantages that others do not, or just that in Canada there's none of these?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 02:20 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Artol
You even agree that in the case of disabled people? It feels almost self evident that people who are not disabled have clear advantages. Things like the Americans with Disabilities Act are designed to make some of these disadvantages less harsh to bear.

You really don't think that in some cultures some social groups have advantages that others do not, or just that in Canada there's none of these?

Describe these advantages that non disabled have over disabled.

I don't think your race, or sex gives you advantages, no.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 02:25 PM