KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » If animals can't give informed consent to have sex. then isn't meat immoral?

If animals can't give informed consent to have sex. then isn't meat immoral?
Started by: Klaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Klaw
Sigma Male

If animals can't give informed consent to have sex. then isn't meat immoral?

Disclaimer: I'm an omnivore.

Bestiality is a human having sex with an animal.

It's immoral because sex requires informed consent between both parties (otherwise it's rape).

And animals cannot give informed consent.

Now on to the topic of meat.

We kill animals and eat them.

But why is that not immoral?

If animals can't give informed consent to have sex, it follows logically that they can't give informed consent to be eaten.

If animals don't have rights, then it's okay to have sex with them.

But they do have rights, that's why we don't allow bestiality.

Animals are sentient beings, similar to humans.

Hell, chimpanzees share almost 99% of our DNA and have other mannerisms that are similar to us.

Source.

So why is it okay to kill animals and eat them but not use them for sex?

This is just something I've been thinking about for a while.

And I'd like to see any solutions to the problem.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 06:30 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I thought you watched that spaz Christian lady on YouTube.

for your consideration.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 06:36 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Killing animals for food has been around since...well forever, animals eat other animals. So by nature itself, it's not immoral because they do it too.

Having sex with animals though, while animals do have sex with eachother, it's usually within their own species. It's not like we're seeing tigers mate with dogs or horses mating with elephants.

Humans having sex with animals is seen as immoral because it's not something that is....well natural, it's just very weird.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 08:28 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

One man one horse. Some guy got ****ed by a horse and died.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 08:45 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Killing animals for food has been around since...well forever, animals eat other animals. So by nature itself, it's not immoral because they do it too.

Having sex with animals though, while animals do have sex with eachother, it's usually within their own species. It's not like we're seeing tigers mate with dogs or horses mating with elephants.

Humans having sex with animals is seen as immoral because it's not something that is....well natural, it's just very weird.

Animals don't have the capacity for morality, human do.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 09:06 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw
Animals don't have the capacity for morality, human do.

True, because we, not animals, are the ones made in God's image.

If God didn't exist and that stupid evolution theory were true, however, we would have no basis for morality.

Humans have both a soul and spirit; animals have only a soul.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 09:20 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
True, because we, not animals, are the ones made in God's image.

If God didn't exist and that stupid evolution theory were true, however, we would have no basis for morality.

Humans have both a soul and spirit; animals have only a soul.

Please tell me animals go to heaven.

I would hate the fact if our family pets couldn't be with us assuming we go to heaven.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 09:23 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please tell me animals go to heaven.

I would hate the fact if our family pets couldn't be with us assuming we go to heaven.

I honestly don't know; really hope so though. Scripture isn't really clear on the matter.

I'll be really mad if when I get there my favorite pets aren't there with me. Had to put my sweet little calico kitty to sleep back in February.

Only thing that gives me comfort (other than Jesus Christ, Himself) is knowing I ended her suffering and the hope I will be reunited with her one day.

Still miss her so damn much. sad

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 18th, 2021 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 09:30 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I honestly don't know; really hope so though. Scripture isn't really clear on the matter.

I'll be really mad if when I get there my favorite pets aren't there with me. Had to put my sweet little calico kitty to sleep back in February.

Only thing that gives me comfort (other than Jesus Christ, Himself) is knowing I ended her suffering and the hope I will be reunited with her one day.

You don't have to worry about whether or not you'll meet your cat in Heaven, because if you're right and the Bible is true you're going to Hell. thumb up

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 09:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yes, the animals in the Democratic party can not give informed consent and it should be illegal for them to use their meat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, the animals in the Democratic party can not give informed consent and it should be illegal for them to use their meat.

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly don't know sad
well, that's true.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:41 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

I remember you telling me on the discord you had to put your cat down.

Very sad.

My family has many dogs and they're part of the family.

We've lost some of them, and I hope they're doing fine and waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:52 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Blakemore
And I thought you watched that spaz Christian lady on YouTube.

for your consideration.

Lauren Chen is hot.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:57 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lauren Chen is hot.

Indeed, and quite smart too.

Certainly hundreds of times smarter than drunkard blakey. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:59 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's not like we're seeing tigers mate with dogs

We are, actually.

Hell, even youtube has such videos.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 11:00 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: If animals can't give informed consent to have sex. then isn't meat immoral?

So why is it okay to kill animals and eat them but not use them for sex?

This is just something I've been thinking about for a while.

Normal people do not think about this.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 11:37 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Normal people do not think about this.
Normal people Eon/Klaw is not.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 11:41 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, she hot and says things we like. Spoken like true incels lol

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 11:50 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh just shut the hell up and go have yourself another swig of jack daniels lol.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 18th, 2021 at 11:58 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 11:54 PM