KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Woke Left has lost Bill Maher

The Woke Left has lost Bill Maher
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Woke Left has lost Bill Maher

On the heels of Bette Midler, Ellen DeGeneras, Dave Chappelle, and many more to come.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 12:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

On the heels of Bette Midler, Ellen DeGeneras, Dave Chappelle, and many more to come.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 02:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bill Maher has commented that the Right likes to take cherry picked snippets of his commentary when he's being critical of the Left and try to pass it off as either him being on the Right or anti-left. Bill Maher is neither.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 03:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Bill Maher has commented that the Right likes to take cherry picked snippets of his commentary when he's being critical of the Left and try to pass it off as either him being on the Right or anti-left. Bill Maher is neither.

Never claimed he was on the right.

He was definitely a leftie, until they went batshit insane.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 03:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bill Maher last week on Biden:

BILL MAHER: No. I got to say, I’ve done my share of jokes about Joe Biden. But when I saw this poll last week that something like 73% of Americans think there should be an age limit, and I think 40% of them think that age should be 70. All I could think of is only a country as dumb as this one would think, something like that. The reason why he’s doing well is because he’s old.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Bingo.

BILL MAHER: Thank you. One guy. He’s been around the block. He has the experience. Every other culture gets this. When you’re young, you’re beautiful, and then you get wiser and less cute. But you’re wiser. Could we take advantage of the wiser point? I mean, he’s killing it in a lot of ways, including Russia. He was the guy who understood. Everybody else was like, what are we throwing money down the, Russia’s obviously going to win. And he said, let’s see. Maybe they maybe Ukraine can can win. And now Ukraine is winning. They kicked Russia’s ass this week.

JON MEACHAM: He’s my friend. I help him when I can. So take this role in that context. I believe that if you support American democracy, it is important to support this president. And one of the fascinating things to me is there’s this part of the Republican world that seems to think that there’s this mythical universe. It’s like Brigadoon. And there’s a there’s a place where there is no Trump and it’s just going to all go away. And what this moment requires, it seems to me, is support for, thoughtful support, reasoned support, not blind support, but basically believing that Joe Biden, who has more experience in the Senate and as vice president than any other president in American history, by far. He was in the Senate and vice president longer than, say, Theodore Roosevelt, John Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama were alive when they became president. And so you had this moment where a guy born in World War Two, raised in the Cold War, comes of age during civil rights, lives in an era that we now look back on as an era of at least workable consensus and who deeply understands the threat to these institutions and wants to rescue them, not for the sake of rescuing them, but because they beat any alternative. And one of the things you have to ask, if you’re on the far left, you know, and there are people who say, oh, electoral college, senate, all bad, you know, whatever. Okay, fine, what are you going to replace it with? And basically what history tells us, experience tells us, is that as imperfect as the system is, it’s still beating all the others.

BILL MAHER: He got things done on climate.

JON MEACHAM: Yes.

BILL MAHER: That nobody was getting done before. And and again, this Ukraine thing, I mean, I just nobody saw this coming. I think this is just another nail in the coffin about experts. I mean, nobody thought that Russia was going to do anything but roll over Ukraine. And of course, first, six months ago or whenever the war started, they were beaten back from Kiev. And then they thought, okay, well, they’ll just take the east and now they’re getting pushed out of the east. And I think for a guy like Putin who’s a strongman, the worst thing that can happen is that you don’t look strong, you know, then you’re just the Wizard of Oz after Toto pulls the curtain back. Right?

It went on...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 04:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about it? What's it supposed to prove?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 04:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Re: The Woke Left has lost Bill Maher

something something der left!

24/7 scapegoating because you have no job?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 05:03 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He was definitely a leftie, until they went batshit insane.

A very bigoted anti-Muslim leftie maybe.

If we differentiate woke left from left, I still feel like he belonged to neither.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 05:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
A very bigoted anti-Muslim leftie maybe.

If we differentiate woke left from left, I still feel like he belonged to neither.

I.. need to bone up on Maher it seems.

Didn't know he was an Islamophobe.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 05:34 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Once again...

Because I still put absolutely zero weight on what [insert celebrity name here]'s political opinions are.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2022 06:54 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote