KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looks like Turkey is going to keep the wannabe dictator

Looks like Turkey is going to keep the wannabe dictator
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks like Turkey is going to keep the wannabe dictator

Erdogan’s election lead leaves Turkey’s opposition reeling and an economy on the brink

The result of the first round of Turkey’s presidential election was a blow to the opposition, who had high hopes of unseating President Recep Tayyip Erdogan after 20 years in power.

Contender Kemal Kilicdaroglu, a soft-spoken, bookish 74-year-old, is running as the candidate for change, vowing economic reform, a reversal of Erdogan’s policies that many describe as autocratic, and closer ties with NATO and the West.

Turkish opinion polls — released before Sunday’s vote — indicated a clear lead for Kilicdaroglu. But by Monday, after nearly all votes were counted, 69-year-old Erdogan finished solidly ahead with 49.5% of the vote; Kilicdaroglu had 44.9%. Since neither candidate won more than 50% of the vote, however, the election will go to a runoff on May 28.
-snip

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 19th, 2023 04:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Looks like Turkey is going to keep the wannabe dictator

And yet you defend Democracy. 🤨

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2023 04:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes,

If it's a fair election and Erdogan win's again, so be it. Turkey's a shithole after 20 years of Erdogan, if people want to keep that, it's on them.

edit: Though I suspect Erdogan may be using his station to keep himself in power.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 19th, 2023 at 04:32 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2023 04:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

It's truly amazing what gaslighting an entire population can accomplish when you're a populist and can spout convincing rhetoric while carrying out almost none of your election promises.

Old Post May 19th, 2023 04:38 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

A friend of mine had his legs broken protesting in Taksim Square 2013. Trust me when I tell you he never was going to lose and any appearance of demo kratis was staged.

Old Post May 19th, 2023 05:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
A friend of mine had his legs broken protesting in Taksim Square 2013. Trust me when I tell you he never was going to lose and any appearance of demo kratis was staged.

Was he assaulted?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2023 05:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Was he assaulted?
it's not something I want to talk about online tbh. I shouldn't of mentioned it, he and his family are still in Turkey and his not exactly n of mine, his ife is, she worked for me in Cairo, she's Palestinian, he's a Turk.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on May 19th, 2023 at 05:25 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2023 05:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I did not think they had real elections to begin with.

Old Post May 19th, 2023 10:05 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

What does this mean for Cyprus?

Old Post May 21st, 2023 07:34 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Originally posted by FalconPaunch!
What does this mean for Cyprus?

That it will still be a shít place to go on holiday.

Old Post May 21st, 2023 07:39 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Dad said he was thinking about going there after summer. Oh well.

Old Post May 21st, 2023 08:07 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
That it will still be a shít place to go on holiday.
Southern Cyprus will be fine. smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 06:42 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I did not think they had real elections to begin with.

"It's legitimate elections when my side wins and election fraud when the other side wins."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:14 PM