KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » O.K. I tried an experiment

O.K. I tried an experiment
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

O.K. I tried an experiment

I limited my screen time by only having my work phone with me this week. My personal mobile I left in the car once I got to work and I switched my work phone off when I got home, checking it at 7 and 8 pm only. Anyone surprised my blood pressure went down noticeably as a result?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2023 06:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I figured work would be what drove your pressure up the most?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 17th, 2023 07:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: O.K. I tried an experiment

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I limited my screen time by only having my work phone with me this week. My personal mobile I left in the car once I got to work and I switched my work phone off when I got home, checking it at 7 and 8 pm only. Anyone surprised my blood pressure went down noticeably as a result?

Not surprised one bit.

I tried a different experience when I went to a blood draw, which I need to do regularly for medical reasons. Well, they kicked me out last time after I got so agitated trying to find the place (The online directions were all wrong. First mistake was trying a new area I was unfamiliar with on a spur of the moment)

Now, my blood pressure is always very high, my doctor notes it every visit, just not kick you out of blood draws high. So I tried something new.

I thought about buying a new car while I looked out the window. As they took my blood pressure. Did not let myself even notice the test, just kept thinking over what kind of car I'd like.

One of the lowest reading I've ever had. 😁

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2023 07:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I figured work would be what drove your pressure up the most?
Yes, the work is key I have at present over a thousand people under me, and I believe in distributed management. Getting others to manage though is always a problem, people often want top down decisions but, the trying to empower them to make their own decisions is key. Tbh Rob, I think work and people constant contact is too much sometimes I have 10 WhatsApp messages on my work phone and 10 on my personal. Everything from so.e numpty wanting to meet to sell me something for work, to ex wife, to present wife, to junior manager, to son with a problem to 90 year old mother is in hospital etc. I love having contact, but connectivity is s lot sometimes.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2023 04:06 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

God damn.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 18th, 2023 04:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote