KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What you doing May 2002?

What you doing May 2002?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

What you doing May 2002?

Well, as we ALL should remember this is the odd-on month that Episode-II will be released in the US. Us poor Europeans (UBH,Raz Moi) will probably have a 6-8 week wait unless something wonderful happens.

Anyway, I noted that Raz was thinking about going to the US to see the premier. I had also thought about doing this and now I find out that UBH is going to try, work allowing. I also ran this by Dim and she liked the idea.

Soooo, how about it? Meeting up in New York, catch the premier and hang out for a bit. I'm betting some of the longstanding members would also be interested.

I know it's not something everyone can do, school, work and family commitments have to be met and all that, but it could be a blast.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 08:17 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I know it would be a blast but I doubt I could do it. sad

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 10:25 PM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well, I'm there...I just hope I won't be the only one..

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 09:47 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I'm trying to get there, keep your fingers crossed!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 10:15 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, worst case it's me and you then Dim. I'm sure you could put up with my company for a couple of days at least. wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 05:38 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I should hopefully see you there......if I can get the time off work.....and get some money together.
BTW, how much does it cost for a trip to America (from UK)?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 08:50 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Between £450.00 and £600.00 if you fly Virgin, I expect you can get it cheaper.

Hotels start around £20 per night for a single room, but that is slumming it.
Travel Insurance £20-£40

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 11:14 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Ratcat, what's the exchange rate between DM and £? The DM-$ exhchange rate is about 2 DM=$1

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 01:36 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm not sure but I based the hotel prices on some I recently booked up online. A reasonable hotel in southern states is about $60.00. Obviously flights vary from country to country but I estimate a return flight at the higher end of the scale to be around DM1800.00 but I could be WAAAYYYYY off.

It seems that there's a lot of positive interest here. I was going to propose that we open up this to the forum because the likes of queeq, DD, Gundark and a few others may be interested.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 02:03 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

I'll move it! big grin

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 02:11 AM
finti

If this helps you UBH £1 is 13.70 Norwegian crowns
1DM is 4.50 Norwegians crowns ,that will make £1 around 3DM. (3.04 to be excactly)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 02:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I've always wanted to go to New York. Ah, what the hell? I could be done with school by then, I'll see what I can do.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 03:58 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I doubt I could afford it, but I shall do my best!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 04:48 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

OK, so who's our spy in New York?

I Guess we'll have to do some investigating into this towards the Fall.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 05:17 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I'm about four hours south of New York, so I can probably make it....bring my brother....hey...this could work ! smile

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 07:24 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

We could always search on ICQ for someone with interests in SW and lives in NYC. evil face

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 07:33 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Ah, UBH, thats why I admire you and your evilness so....laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 07:39 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, see, here's a thing. Gundy, you're probably our best hope right now for a recon mission. It could be dangerous, but we have faith in your abilities... smile

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 10:44 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Gundie what are your chances of moving into an apartment across the street from a New York Cinema? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 10:46 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well if Tommy has anything to say about it, about the same chance as the Emporer and Kitster sharing an orange crush in the smuggling compartment on board the Falcon. Hehehe. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 05:14 PM