KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Wow! This film is amazing!!
The martial arts are breathtaking, the story is captivating and the music is superb! This was the first foreign film I've seen in the cinema, and it didn't let me down.
If you haven't seen it then, I suggest you go watch it now!

If any of you have seen it, what do you think of it?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2001 05:54 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Is Jackie Chan in it?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2001 06:21 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I've only heard excellent reviews of this film. Way it was described to me was like a Matial Arts love story???

Old Post Jan 16th, 2001 02:44 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

EJ, Jackie Chan isn't in this movie. Its not that kind of film i.e. not a comedy.

The film does have a slight love story to it, but thats not the main plotline. Check out IMDb, they've given it a 8.9/10, and its currently #19 of the best films ever! us.imdb.com/Title?0190332

Old Post Jan 16th, 2001 10:49 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Do they dub this film in the UK or is there subtitles?
In Norway all foreign films have subtitles, which is good.
Be kind of odd if Darth Vader spoke some stupid Norwegian dialect.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2001 02:41 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The same here in Holland. Much unlike our German neighbours, right UBH? What DOES Vader sound like in German? laughing out loud

What the movie about, finti?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 17th, 2001 04:05 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

God, I REALLY want to see this film!!! The man who choreographed the fights was the same guy who did the fights for The Matrix, so I'm sure I'd enjoy watching them. The love story sounds interesting too. It's only playing at selected cinemas so I'll have to go down to the centre of London or something if I want to see it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 04:01 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Re: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon queeq

I dont know what its about, martial art love story in Chinese. Titanic goes kung fu!! sick

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 04:09 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Check out this review from Film Review Magazine.

www.visimag.com/filmrevie...eview1.htm

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 05:30 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
A dead cert for this year’s foreign language Oscar, as well as a strong contender to be the first non-European film also nominated for Best Picture, Crouching Tiger is a jaw-dropping martial arts masterpiece that engages, entertains and enthrals on every conceivable level.

When they say "jaw-dropping martial arts" they aren't kidding!
The martial arts in the Matrix are nothing compared to this.

Nick Gillard could learn a thing or two from this film! Wouldn't it be great if he could incorporate the double sword moves (by Shu Lien) into double lightsaber fights?

......so has anyone gone to see it? What do you think of it?

BTW if you're going to watch it soon, then don't read the synopsis of the film before you go!!!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 06:17 PM
Dim
Creativity

Why have I not seen any trailers for this movie?...hmmmm. I talked to someone yesterday who told me the basic storyline...now I have to go see it..Sounds wonderful.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 07:45 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Re: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

It`s opening in Norway tomorrow, and the critics praized it in todays paper. Maybe I`ll catch it Monday ,got the day off.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 09:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's opening here next week. The first reviews are excellent, even though they have not gone into the story yet. The real reviews have yet too come. They're all saying The Matrix is nothing compared to this one when it comes to the fight scenes.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 04:16 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I didnt enjoy Matrix that much, nice efeects and stuff, but to weird for my taste. I think I`m gonna watch Dune the tv series.
*watch out Paul Attreides Im a freman*
Well at least I got blue eyes. smile

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 04:55 AM
Darth Daft

If the fights in this do indeed make the fights in the Matrix look dull then I'm going to be wetting myself with excitement when I watch this. Ahem...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 05:22 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The fights and effects were the only good thing from The Matrix.

Is the new Dune series available on DVD? I'd love to see it.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 06:59 PM
finti

I think they are on DVD, and the serie is much better than the film(david Lynch 1984).

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 07:29 PM