KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Official KMC Forums sig-making contest!

The Official KMC Forums sig-making contest!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Official KMC Forums sig-making contest!

As requested by Godshinto, and as much interest had been shown, here presented is the first ever sig-making contest!

Now, as this is the first contest it will be very simple indeed. All we want you to do is make a sig- any sig- as if it were a sig for these forums. The closing date for entries will midnight GMT of Monday 4th August.

At any point before then, you may make ONE entry in here. Post your signature as an attachment. Once you have posted your entry, you may not post another.

Do not do anything in here except post entries. Questions will be handled in the already existing discussion thread for the competition- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

After the closing date, myself and Kes (and maybe some other disinterested people we find) will judge the entries based on technical quality, and general style.

Please observe the following rules

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.
2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.
3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just scanned in from somewhere- it is a sig MAKING contest after all
4. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it most likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.
5. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

Contest starts... now! No hurry, though...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 29th, 2003 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 11:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

ok, i'm in. I'll start it tomorrow morning i think.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 02:55 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

ush, as ive said before, im fairly new to the net, so dont think me an idiot. how do you make a sig? PM me with instructions how. thanx..RJ

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:45 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, guys?

Do not do anything in here except post entries

Please read more thoroughly in future... further erroneous posts here will be deleted.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 10:40 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, just deleted a post here already... I don't know how much more clear I can make it, entries ONLY here, please, and I have given the link to where you can ask questions.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 12:46 PM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Here my entry, its my current sig.

Tts fairly simple, but it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb, and the color coordination is good methinks. The only thing that i didnt make was the handle.

Attachment: new sig copy.gif
This has been downloaded 300 time(s).

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 01:52 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, I have been asked to make something clear; this contest is about making NEW sigs, distinctive from your previous ones.

It has been raised to me that Celsius's entry is only an adaptation of the sig he had already. As he has changed his sig to match his entry, I can't tell for sure but that is enough confusion for me to have to disallow the entry; sorry, Celsius, feel free to make another.

But in future, do NOT change your sig so it is the same as your entry! That is very confusing for us!

BtVS

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 03:38 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

(please log in to view the image)

I'm not using the Trunks one because it's 245K, and someone makes my sigs for me, that's why their so gorguess! big grin big grin

Last edited by JToTheP on Jul 29th, 2003 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 04:30 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

(Back from hollyday for those who haven't seen me for some time)

This is my first sig in the contest(if I can put more)..

Attachment: palanfirith_sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 270 time(s).

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 09:14 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Still having to delete non-entry posts. NO QUESTIONS IN HERE! ENTRIES ONLY! POST QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD AI LINKED TO AT THE TOP!

Fitch, that is your old sig, it's not legal.

J- Thanks!

BtVS

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 11:39 PM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Ok then. heres the new one

This took me abot 45 minutes, it took me awhile figuring out a way to make the backround look like liquid tar.
He you go.

Attachment: untitled-1cool copy.2gif.gif
This has been downloaded 264 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:12 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Heres a slightly larger one,(its still 500 pixels but its 22 kilobytes.) I wasnt sure about size limitations.

Attachment: comp.gif
This has been downloaded 259 time(s).

Last edited by Kostabot on Jul 30th, 2003 at 01:17 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:15 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

(please log in to view the image)

Had to get it loaded at another site. big grin

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:25 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

This took me 20 minutes just using paint because I havent got any other programmes.

Attachment: matrix minx2.jpg
This has been downloaded 255 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:52 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Alright you guys wanted originality so this is original I still liked my Spider-man sig the best but you guys said that it's to plain well I made almost everything in this pic except for a few things.

Attachment: entry sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 243 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:04 PM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Plese ecuse my bad spelling on the last post. embarrasment

Dexx made me do it wink

Heres my fourth, final & correct installment. *phew*

Attachment: untitled-1cool copy.2gif.gif
This has been downloaded 226 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 07:37 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heh... you certainly don't lack patience, Celsius!

BtVS

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 11:47 AM
njherbz741
photoshop freak

in

heres my sig

Attachment: etnjherbvz741.jpg
This has been downloaded 216 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 08:35 PM
njherbz741 is currently offline Click here to Send njherbz741 a Private Message Find more posts by njherbz741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

okay here's mine. i was thinking on posting it sunday night...studying the competition wink...but i doubt i would have had the time to edit it if necessary.

I'm kinda disappointed bout the blade in this one..oh well.

Attachment: contest sig1.jpg
This has been downloaded 214 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 09:08 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I didn't want to enter than plain looking Star Wars themed pic so I finished my Spider-Man pic. Now this is original

Attachment: spidermanm sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 213 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 11:28 PM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote