KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » This is the most bizzare thing!!!

This is the most bizzare thing!!!
Started by: SimK68

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the most bizzare thing!!!

Last night I was watching 'The Natural History Of The Chicken' on PBS , and they showed all about hens laying eggs, and how chickens and roosters get their necks cut off to put food on the table, and run around until they die. Well with a lil' google search I found the one that they were talking about that DID NOT DIE after getting its head cut off!! It just stood there, this doesnt go into details, but they said the farmer back in 1946 tha cut the head off, said that he entered it in side shows and things... This is freaky!!!.........

http://www.geocities.com/ddsquirrel...ssrooster1.html

Eventually he died from suffacation in the airway. I wonder how and what kept him alive!? They even mentioned he tried to CROW, but it was like garbbled. Now I know why vegitarians are vegitarians!

"If The Jedi Find Out What We Are Planning To Build, We're Doomed."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 12:08 PM
SimK68 is currently offline Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well...hens are known to have a rather small brain....though it seems that however small it is, it doesn't even cover the motion controll impulses.(..j/k..course it does) Don't know why that hen lived..or how did it breathe untill it suffocated.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

maybe the owner shoved a straw down its throat

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 03:01 PM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..maybe he should have sold it to a lab before it died

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:02 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

until a few moments ago,chicken was my favorit meet......

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:04 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..they come headless in the pack anway stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:05 PM
Fitch
Free

yeah,but I hope their not moving in the pack....

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:06 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

The running round, or standing still, has something to do with residual nerve impulses left in the body after the head's been cut off, which is why the movements tend to be rather uncoordinated.
As to the long term survival of a headless chicken could be because the heart isn't controlled by the brain and so long as some sort of oxygen supply can be maintained it will continue to beat and therefore keep the body alive. blink

Just call me Dr Frankenstein!!!! cool

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:14 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does that link even work??.... Here try this......

http://www.geocities.com/ddsquirrel...ssrooster1.html

And heres another one....

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/story.htm

"If The Jedi Find Out What We Are Planning To Build, We're Doomed."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:38 PM
SimK68 is currently offline Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

I saw something about that and they used a medicine dropper or something like that to feed the chicken by dropping liquid food into it's esophagus.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 04:22 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

A great man once said "Now that's just Iky" and that great man was me, ewwww!!!!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:41 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

jeez...how am i gonna sleep now?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 12:56 PM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

put your head on the pillow and close your eyeswink

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 02:45 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Oh wow.... that's just wrong no and disgusting sick

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 03:40 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

what the ..... how can anything live once the head has been chopped off!!! No way this is a hoax!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 05:41 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

A household roach can live for more that a week without its head as well

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 06:01 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

insect body structure is different.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I read somewhere that when the farmer cut the chicken's head off, it still had a small section of the brain stem left. Just enough to do some small, primitive thinking, such as: eat, breathe, walk, crow.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:33 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

impossible...i saw the picture...there's no way any part of the brain could be THAT low

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:42 PM
diegocala
Replicant

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
impossible...i saw the picture...there's no way any part of the brain could be THAT low
That is not what my wife tells me laughing laughing

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:50 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote