KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Second Official KMC Forums Signature Making Contest!

The Second Official KMC Forums Signature Making Contest!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Second Official KMC Forums Signature Making Contest!

After the success of the last contest, which was more of an experimental thing to see if the concept would work, we are now announcing the official second signature making contest!

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, judges from amongst the mods here at KMC will judge the sigs and award places in three categories:

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is the end of August. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submisisons; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN POSTING ENTRIES! People seemed to have trouble understanding this before- do not discuss, query, or ask questions here. Do that in the discussion thread for the sig making contests here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

Please, ALL queries there, this place is JUST for entries. Erroneous posts here will be deleted and I will disqualify people for posting irrelevant stuff here if I have to!

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a NEW signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do NOT start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:33 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Here's my entree smile

Attachment: sabre2.gif
This has been downloaded 405 time(s).

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 11:09 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Here's mine!

Attachment: th2.gif
This has been downloaded 385 time(s).

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 10:07 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Here it is. took me an hour or so messing about. Nice entry Baylin. smile
And Hiker.........imaginative. wink

Attachment: comp.gif
This has been downloaded 344 time(s).

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Aug 12th, 2003 at 11:59 AM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 11:51 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

FU*K!!! Its just like me to go and stuff it up!! mad i posted the wrong pic and it wouldnt edit. mad

here we go again. Hope it bloody works this time.

Attachment: new sig.gif
This has been downloaded 342 time(s).

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Aug 12th, 2003 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:01 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Close one there, Celsius... we couldn't work out exactly what you were doing! Literally speaking I should accept the first entry only, of course...

... but I won't...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drumsgirl13
A Misfit

mine's on my signature!

To see what you see
When you look at me
Cuz I could've lived your life instead...
- Stacie Orrico

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:29 PM
drumsgirl13 is currently offline Click here to Send drumsgirl13 a Private Message Find more posts by drumsgirl13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very sorry, Drumsgirl:

"4. Do NOT start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid."

Though as you are new, I guess I will allow it as an entry if you dump it as your sig and post it as an attachment here.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:32 PM
drumsgirl13
A Misfit

sorry sad

To see what you see
When you look at me
Cuz I could've lived your life instead...
- Stacie Orrico

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:41 PM
drumsgirl13 is currently offline Click here to Send drumsgirl13 a Private Message Find more posts by drumsgirl13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No need to apologise. You could always make a new sig for the contest- plenty of time! Best not discuss it here, though, use this place:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

BtVS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:42 PM
Killer
Glampire

I didn't make mine.. it's was my origanel idea though, but to big... anways I think Godshinto did a great job on it.. it's in my sig

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 09:43 PM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I DID just explain that something already being used as a sig was not valid...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 09:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Please, folks, competition entries only here... no posting of anything else!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 12th, 2003 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 09:56 PM
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Here's a competition entry to shame all others, well some others TiredHikers is so damn funny

Attachment: sb sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 309 time(s).

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 04:43 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snlovergirl

ok, i thought that i would give this a shot big grin this is only the second one that ive made.

Attachment: wolverine.jpg
This has been downloaded 272 time(s).

made by Godshinto
-------------------------------------------
My new life motto:
"Procrastinate now, don't put it off."- Ellen Degeneres

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."- Spaceballs

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 05:09 AM
snlovergirl is currently offline Click here to Send snlovergirl a Private Message Find more posts by snlovergirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Here we are i managed to get the file size down, and its my first ever own made sig. big grin

Attachment: spikesig1.jpg
This has been downloaded 281 time(s).

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Last edited by SpikeSpiegel on Aug 19th, 2003 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 02:05 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkStorm

big grin

Attachment: boygenius.jpg
This has been downloaded 244 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:12 PM
DarkStorm is currently offline Click here to Send DarkStorm a Private Message Find more posts by DarkStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedQueen
Ive been a bad, bad girl.

heres mine smile

Attachment: signature.jpg
This has been downloaded 242 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:17 PM
RedQueen is currently offline Click here to Send RedQueen a Private Message Find more posts by RedQueen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

*runs in angrily*

ARG!!! My imaging program just shut down and deleted the thing I had been working on, so I have to do it all over again. mad

So you will be seeing my work this time, but not right now...that's a big maybe...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:59 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Finally finished! The malicious deathk-to-all attitude of my RPG character shows itself...

Attachment: galderdroids.jpg
This has been downloaded 224 time(s).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 12:11 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote