KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » I'm sorry but I HATE THIS PLACE!

I'm sorry but I HATE THIS PLACE!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm sorry but I HATE THIS PLACE!

I'm not sure if it's teething trouble or not, but I'm finindg it a ***** to get anything done here. It keeps rejecting my posts, it takes an age to load anything, I can't find a button to mark forums read, that 'processing' screen when you post REALLY annoys me for some reason...

Suddenly, posting here has become a real hassle. And I'm not sure if I can stick with it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 11:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Quite frankly, the moment I get a publishing deal I'm going to offer to front the money EZboard wants.

Can't we change it so the front end looks like the old place, at least? My poor brain can't handle change...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 11:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Are other people, peeved as much as Ush???

I'll try to answer your questions:
It only rejects posts if you post within 60 secs, its was the same on the old boards....its called a flood check.

You can't manually mark forums as read, as it does this automatically does this....you need cookies enabled.

I don't know why the forums would be slow, as the servers are Dual 1GHz, with 2GB RAM, also the forum uses caches, which is meant to speed up stuff. Are you on a 56k?

On the diffrent color schemes, I was about to do this today, but got sidetracked on some other stuff. I'll be doing it VERY soon.

If you keep having problems, send me an email.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 11:54 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I have found it a little slower at times, but it appears to be net congestion rather than the board cos when I'm on the fast link at work this thing rocks!

I have had a lot of problems with speed issues on BTInternet over the last week or so, I believe Ush is on BTI too.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 12:01 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Other than my inital mac problems I'm fine.. *worried*

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 12:02 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I'll stick with it. But I may have to scale back massively if it stays like this... maybe just stick to the Role Play... much as I would hate to.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 12:25 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Just give it a little time, Ush...we don't want to loose you everywhere else. sad

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 05:05 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkFollowerOfTheSith

It is very slow I think aswell. It's supposed to be snappy.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 02:05 AM
DarkFollowerOfTheSith is currently offline Click here to Send DarkFollowerOfTheSith a Private Message Find more posts by DarkFollowerOfTheSith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maui

I think UBB is much better than ezboard.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 05:45 AM
Maui is currently offline Click here to Send Maui a Private Message Find more posts by Maui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I've actually found it very fast, over 56K dialup, and even better over broadband links

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 09:37 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Could somebody please reinstate me as a Jadi council member and allow me to enter the council. Thank you.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 02:03 PM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, it's about time you showed up... laughing out loud

I'm sure Raz will do the biz as soon as get's online. He should stick you mods back on too.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 03:01 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Done it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 03:05 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know, it's amazing how much better I feel now that the old colour is back...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 12:56 PM
Ratcat

See, I told you it would grow on you....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 01:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's all much better now. Sorry to cause trouble. Edna and myself did a posting frenzy last night that would have been impossible at the original speed.

Just filled the 'last poster' coloumn again...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2001 02:28 PM
Ratcat

Yes, I noticed that you were rapidly exceeding me as the most posted person.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2001 04:30 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Hes got about 27.030913012221423436376707404745% more than thou.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 12:45 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Well sorry to be the odd one out but I actually prefer this place!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 04:25 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That doesn't make you the odd one out; I was the ONLY person who didn't like it here and now I do.

I still miss the old place, though. I still visit it, on and off, so quiet and empty and beset by pup-ups...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 04:27 AM